cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverting: What's your favorite salad dressing?

I haven't eaten salads at home for years. The reason is my refrigerator doesn't keep salad ingredients well after they've been prepared. After I've had one salad, the rest of the ingredients go bad. It's just been easier and less wasteful not to have salads.

The past few weeks I've been eating a lot of salads.  Am I making up for lost time? I've been buying the prewashed sealed bags of salads for $1>$2@  I get two large salads per bag and don't end up throwing it away.

Anyway, my favorite dressing of all time has always been B*B'* Blue Cheese but I tend to get four salads out of a 16oz jar which is a lot of calories so I'm reverting back to before B*b's.  Back to the days of the 70's and macrobiotics and

I'm sharing the recipe for a wonderful salad dressing with  you. 

I call it Tamari dressing because that's the special ingredient.

1 oz Tamari (aged soy sauce-it has a much a richer flavor)

1 oz unseasoned rice vinegar

2 oz corn oil

Shake it up in a jar and it's ready

I hope you'll try it.

and then you may wanna make a bigger jar. 

28 Replies
Barbara145

Ranch....... glad you are eating salads.

MarilynH

I really like Ranch dressing, Mark prefers Catalina or French dressing your recipe sounds really good Dale.

0 Kudos

We'll be talking about our favorite undressing in the uncensored group. 

It's spelled the same on the container unless my eyes are gone. 

JACKIE1-25-15

shashort

I actually use the light ranch.  Will have to try your paper towel trick JACKIE1-25-15 . Uncensored group lol Dale giggle giggle here.

Hidden Valley<sup>®</sup> Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Ranch

0 Kudos
Giulia

I eat a salad almost every night with dinner.  My favorite is a mix of escarole, romaine & chickory.  And sometimes I'll splurge and buy a french endive.  Salad dressing: family recipe with oil, balsamic vinegar, clove of garlic cut in half, a sprinkle of salt, basil  and a bit of sugar.  Second favorite dressing is ranch.  Aldi's has a surprisingly really good lite Ranch.

And Jackie's idea is a good one.  Works with peppers and other vegetables.  Just wrap in a paper towel.  And I've found that putting mushrooms in a brown paper bag in the fridge keeps them longer and without getting all slippery and mushy.  It's almost like a natural drying rack.

Jennifer-Quit

This is my favorite WW friendly dressing:

But I do love ranch - the Hidden Valley Buttermilk recipe made fresh from the packet with buttermilk and mayo.  That is saved for special occasions only!

0 Kudos
Bonnie

My favorite these days is my homemade Creamy Italian...also make Thousand Island and a homemade Ranch and a homemade Blue Cheese.   Use Trader Joe's mayonnaise in all 4 (Canola oil base and no sugar). Also put olive oil and whatever vinegar I feel like on a mixed salad with a bit of sugar and fresh herbs.  Made a  Lemon/Tarragon Cider vinegar for gifts last Christmas and it makes a great vinegar on salad.  I love salad (can you tell ?)

SimplySheri

Confession time, Jackie!  I've never tried Italian Dressing.  It looks funny.  But it's time to try it  

0 Kudos