cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avian3

Recipe for the most delicious easiest fudge to make

Maybe that is asking to much.   I love pecans in my fudge.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
19 Replies
ClearColors

I'll look into the recipes posted above.

I was given this very easy fudge recipe by Amy G of Quitnet.  It's quite yummy.  @avian3 You could  add pecans.fudge Amy G Quitnet.jpg

elvan

ClearColors‌ That LOOKS amazing.  sweetplt‌ I LOVE fudge but I just don't seem to have the knack for making it.  have some Marshmallow Fluff and the recipe is on the side of the container.  It says for more details and recipe ideas to go to www.marshmallowfluff.com

Looking at the directions, I think I may have figured out what I did wrong.  You are supposed to bring it to a boil the first three ingredients to a boil and keep cooking for 3 1/2 - 5 minutes and THEN...USE THE SOFTBALL TEST.  Sorry, but WTH is a soft ball test?

sweetplt

Good question Ellen elvan LOL...I will have to google the softball test....never heard of it...but then I never could make fudge...and I never play softball...lol....

marciem

elvan‌ & sweetplt

"Soft-Ball Stage

Soft-ball stage refers to a specific temperature range when cooking sugar syrups, occurring between 235 and 245 F. In addition to using a candy thermometer, this stage can be determined by dropping a spoonful of hot syrup into a bowl of very cold water. In the water, use your fingers to gather the cooled syrup into a ball. If it has reached soft-ball stage, the syrup easily forms a ball while in the cold water but flattens once removed from the water. This consistency of a "soft-ball" is where the name of this stage originated from."

Personally, I have been known to use a candy thermometer when I can find it (way at the back of the drawer somewhere), they're cheap.  I usually just do the "boil for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes" and it comes out fine.  Rolling boil, keep stirring with wooden spoon.  Don't be in big rush to add the chocolate, but don't wait too long either or it won't melt.  Chocolate first, then the marshmallow creme.

sweetplt

Wow...fudge sounds tough, but thanks so much for the explanation marciem ... I think I sorta remember this as a kid when my mom made fudge...~ Colleen 

avian3

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I didn't end up going to the store since I did not read further until right now. Probably head out there tomorrow after I finish my shopping list.

I did plan to head to the store yesterday evening but after I backed the car out of the garage I saw a drop of water hit the windshield. Well, you can imagine me being from Southern California the horror of such nasty weather. I panicked realizing I need to get out my raincoat, umbrellas are worthless when you are carrying packages. Besides that I would have had to replace my windshield wiper blades that haven't scraped anything but dust off my windshield for over a year. SO I thought it best to be safe and stay at home.

NOT REALLY it poured rain yesterday when I was out and about. I just couldn't leave for the store when I had planned since my 94 year old uncle called and talked to me about an hour about putting the ladder against the second floor to clean the gutters and rake up the leaves.

Jennifer-Quit

fudge.png

Contains everything you need except a little butter and pecans.

Last year I paid under $5.00 for the kit!

marciem

In looking around, which I've never done before since I love my fudge so much, it is almost funny how exact opposites some of the recipes are.  The "experts" say... DO NOT STIR.  ADD CHOCOLATE AT THE BEGINNING.  These experts also seem to have followers who have turned out "soupy" or "fudge sauce-like" messes that won't set up.

So I say do it the Kraft way. 40+ years from me can't be all wrong.  I don't know why Kraft stopped touting Nestles (or any other brand) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, now they say "3 pkgs bakers semi-sweet chocolate (4 oz each), chopped" (i.e. 12 oz LOL).  Save yourself the chopping, get the choc. chips   .

From Fantasy Fudge - My Food and Family 

cups sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine

small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) (Do not use sweetened condensed milk.)

pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped

jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme

cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts

tsp. vanilla

Line 9-inch square pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Add chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until melted. Add nuts and vanilla; mix well.

Pour into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into 1-inch squares.

avian3

Thanks for all the great ideas!! I will have time to test the different ways and if they don't work out I will just eat them. I love eating fudge with the spoon or even licking the pan. I believe I will have it worked out by the time I leave the state to take it with me on the 20th.

0 Kudos
elvan

WOW,  this has really been helpful, thanks every one for he clues..  I need to get a candy thermometer.  My brain is leaving. can feel m eyes rolling back in my head this will all help. Thank to all.

Ellen