cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniela2016

I have to be honest

After 4 pretty good weeks on WW, there came the 5th, when I gave up.  Yes, I said no to sweets a couple of times, but not in the last 3 days.  Got on the scale this morning, needless to say I am very disappointed on myself.

Maybe, just maybe, I will find the right mindset tomorrow, and start over again.

Why can't we, on WW say NOPE (where P stands for pie, or candy, or pizza, or...whatever else which makes us fat)?

How was I so good, ignoring temptations 15 years ago, and lost just as much as I needed.

Just the thought of having ignored to enter my points for the last 2 days and that depresses me to no end.

The PA at the PT place is telling me she can feel I am depressed and wanted to prescribe an anti-depressant.  She is sure it will help with the chronic pain, as well as my diet.

But I don't want to depend on anything to achieve my goal.  Am I getting soft in my old age?  Is it Diabetes which brings up the cravings?

Oh, well, much like some of our quitters here (me too through the years before this quit I want to call the last), I have to flip the page and start over again.  Hoping one week did not erase 4 weeks of honest efforts.

Mad, depressed and self-destructive me

23 Replies
Bellegonia

Yay!

Rumor has it the "read" sucks Big Time but the message MATTERS

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Hi Belle, Bellegonia,   unfortunately, I was to quick to order it, and I only got the summary of his method, with 2 examples of intermittent fasting.  It was only 47 pages and I finished it yesterday.  Honestly, it was not a game changer for me.  I've known for years that Cortisole, the hormone stress, is undermining my efforts; I am also insomniac for over 15 years, and I have an anxious personality. Not many "friends" in my body/mind to help with a weight loss journey.  Probably some genes too, and definitely the cultural heritage.

I am not going to stress over it for the reminder of this week.  I am almost back where I started on WW, 6 weeks ago, and I am thinking more and more about a surgical resolution.  It is a shame when I am "only" about 40 pounds over my ideal weight, but the sick liver would justify for the intervention, and the insurance would pay.  But I have seen co-workers who had the surgery and they fall in only 2 categories: these who kept their weight off, but whose eating habits are so boring, and these who are little by little gaining back to their original weight, and I am fearing for their health, knowing there are complications which can arise at any time.

Probably my next step will be to talk it out with doctor, I am due to see her in about one month or so.  She was always overweight herself, and not seeing her for nearly 2 years almost gave me a shock, when I saw how much weight she has gained since I last saw her.  Hopefully she'll have some good advice for me, and I will "do what the priest says, not what he does"!

Bellegonia

Daniela,

The adrenal fatigue is definitely a challenge but there are ways to try and reverse/eleviate it. Surgery? That's a tough decision to make. My thoughts are with you as yoou reach for solutions!

Belle

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thank you Belle!

0 Kudos