cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yourmajesty

this web site is crap and works crappy

there used to be a website quitnet.com, which was really great.  they had these forums.  people successfully quit there.  that is why the tobacco industry shut the site down, because it worked and it was free.  now there are sites like this that bearly function.  you would post a message and there were people all over the world on line at the same time, fighting a craving, and right in the moment, in real time, people would respond with their craving and it was mutually supportive.  this activity here is delayed and far inferior.   every person quitting in the world should be on one site and there is always someone somewhere who needs support, and you give it to them.  this is crap waiting and having it clog up you email address.  real crap.  and all the questions they as about your demographics just to use this **bleep** post board, it is so ugly they have your age and etc.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Cousin-Itt

I was a member of Quitnet until they closed, and I agree someone was always online as it was worldwide. No, this site is not the same as the old Quitnet  but it does have the same type of great people some from the old Q who have helped thousands quit and remain quit.  I had my doubts when I joined but I gave it time and I'm glad I did

I know a lot of other Quitnet members went to a site called nope 365 that you may want to check out

No matter where you end up I wish you a lifetime quit

Carl

yourmajesty

thank you for your well wishes and your very excellent post.  your supportive spirit.  the problem is the delay in our intereaction.  the old quitnet site did not have this considerable defective flaw.  it seems very much on purpose.  the tobacco companies and all the people who support them and who are supported by them went out of their way to destroy quitnet and make sure that nothing comparable replaced it.  this site does not .  what we are doing now is not the same as the quitnet forum and that is what made it successful.  now you really have to suffer uncomfortably without the support you need, real time interaction with others who are exactly in the same stage of quitting as you are so you can provide each other with mutual support.  unbelieveable that these criminals can control the internet so much they are so busy destroying life.  someday they will be punished for their crimes against the health and wellness of others  karma is going strike them down the way karma can.

EC

Barbscloud

@yourmajesty I'm sorry you're smoking again but complaining about this site (which has helped many people quit) , isn't going to help you or anyone else.  Hope you find somewhere to get support.

Barb

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Even if you are incredibly pissed off about what is not available to you here that was at Quitnet, this is a place where you can share and smober up. We get attached to what we know, but accepting change is a part of smobering up. One day at a time you can do this. 

yourmajesty

my second day.  this website is crap.  there is no forum in real time.  who is doing this .  who is responsible for how crappy this website how deliberately it serves the tobacco companies by not allowing real time support in a forum which is easy to follow to manage and etc.  this is so obviously run by evil criminals.  this should be the same as quitnet.  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@yourmajesty 

About EX

BecomeAnEX (‘EX’) is run by Truth Initiative®. Truth Initiative is the largest non-profit public health organization dedicated to helping people quit tobacco.

Since 2008, Truth Initiative has partnered with the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center to run EX. It is free to use and has helped over 900,000 tobacco users. EX includes the oldest social community, tips and advice through text and email, expert guidance and interactive tools. Our research shows that EX works. People who follow the EX quit plan are four times more likely to quit.

In 2017, Truth Initiative and Mayo Clinic built on the success of EX to create a new program for companies and health plans. It is called EX Program. EX Program users have access to all the resources on EX. In addition, they have access to live chat digital coaching with tobacco treatment experts and nicotine replacement medication shipped right to their home. To learn more about the EX Program for employers and health plans, visit theexprogram.com.

yourmajesty

What a load of it.  You don't need to chat with an expert.  You need to communicate with someone in real time during a crave with someone who is going thru the exact thing at the same moment in time you are and the two of you, in real time, support each others quit.  That is what works.  Everything else is nonsense.  Really.  The tobacco industry is behind this expert BS and undermining the system that was set in motion with quitnet to make it less likely for people to succeed even though some do.  Using great strength and fortitude.  You didn't need as much strength and fortitude with quintet because mutual support with someone exactly in the same position at the same time is what helped you weather the crave.

Snowdoggie

@yourmajesty Congratulations on your 2nd Day.  Hi, I have been here for 7 months. I have never been on another site and I rarely use the internet. Not many people respond late at night. People may be on here just reading the posts. A lot of the action on the site takes place in the Journals/Blogs area.

yourmajesty

yes i have quit before . many times.  once for 10 years.  recently i did not have a cigarette for a year and then about a week ago the pressures of my life crushed me and i started smoking again.  just one or two a day for a few days but as always the pattern is within a few days i am smoking a pack.  it is critical for me to quit again before i start buying packs because now i have inflammed my lungs and they hurt.  much less now because im on my 3rd day smoke free.  my strategy today is NOPE, not one puff ever.  this is is lame compared to the quitnet site which was shut down because it helped so many people quit successfully.  once the tobacco industry learned of it's existence, they put an end to it and replaced it with this inferior format so more people would fail and die of disease they are peddaling.