cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbscloud

Where is Red bar for unread Discussion Topics?

@CommunityAdmin 

Where specially is this  Red Bar? 

@CommunityAdmin wrote:
For
Discussion Topics (Support, Quitting Methods and  Health Conditions), things that you haven't viewed will have an indicator (Red bar) on the left side of the post that you haven't viewed it, once viewed the bar will disappear

I don't see it.   I know there's a red bar on the left of notifications.  As I said before if you read one they all disappear.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud  You can see the unread bar in the following Discussion Topic areas and also the Group Hub Forum Boards as well.  You will not see it in Journals / Blogs or the Mayo or EX Blog however.

Community Help Discussions - EX Community  
Support - EX Community  
Quitting Methods - EX Community  
Health Conditions - EX Community  
Best of EX - EX Community  

Scroll down to "Discussions" section on your computer. It may display differently on mobile/tablet. Similarly to the Notifications feed there is a red bar on the left side of each Discussion Topic, however it will dismiss each Unread separately. Once you read the post it will be marked as Unread. There is also a little yellow flag on each post. Once you scroll over each reply it will be marked as read individually so the next time you come into a discussion that has gotten more replies you'll know what replies you've already seen previously and which ones were posted since you last looked at the Discussion Topic.

Group Hubs

Arts & Crafts - Forum Board - EX Community  when you're in the Forum Board it shows the unread indicator.
Arts & Crafts - Group Hub Home - EX Community  when you're on the Group Hub Home, unread indicator is not shown.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@CommunityAdmin I must be blind.  I went to Arts & Crafts which I never access.  I don't see a red bar.  I see them on notifications.  I'm on my computer

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Forum Board Discussion - Unread indicator showsForum Board Discussion - Unread indicator shows

You can see the unread indicator on the left side as seen in orange oval.  Near the top you see that the breadcrumb is indicating you are in the Discussion Topic Forum Board within the Group Hub Arts & Crafts.  Group hubs can have other content types other than Discussion Topics but for simplicity sake we only enabled Discussion topics.

Group Hub Home PageGroup Hub Home Page

Above is the Group Hub home page. It shows posts of all content types (though we only have Discussion Topics enabled). There is no indicator of read vs unread on this page.  You have to go to Contents box on the right side (on desktop) or scroll down the page if on mobile. You can see by the green oval that you're in the main page of the Arts & Crafts Group hub based on the breadcrumb.

Discussion Topic - unread flagDiscussion Topic - unread flag

You can see in the red oval above the yellow flag which indicates a particular comment has not yet been read.  Once you read it and the page is refreshed, the flag will disappear. 

@Barbscloud wrote:

@CommunityAdmin I must be blind.  I went to Arts & Crafts which I never access.  I don't see a red bar.  I see them on notifications.  I'm on my computer

@Barbscloud I'm going to check to see if you need to be a member of the group in order for it to track your read/unread status within a Group.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos