cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j3ffmeadowsgm

Weekends are the hardest time

Everything shuts down Friday and I need to create some structure in my life.  I participate in another program for smokers called PIVOT. It is a very small group and not much by way of support. My smoking coach is a part of PIVOT but she is always on vacation and half her conversation with me is about WHEN she will be available. My coach is on constant vacation.

Anyway, my smoking has made me progressively sicker and I am scared.

Smoking is taking my life away from me and left me in pain.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j3ffmeadowsgm Hope today was a reprieve from what sounds like a tough weekend. This EX Community is here to support you on this quitting journey.

If you're ever looking for immediate response from a trained crisis counselor or wanting to chat on any topic, you can call or text to 988 for free, confidential support.

- Megan, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

@j3ffmeadowsgm   Welcome to EX.  We, the members aren't "coaches" per se, just people who have "been there, done that."  Each perspective lends a voice in the process of quitting.  Some voices will speak to you, other's won't.  Find those voices that resonate to your needs and go with them.  

Smoking does make us sicker and so here we are, making new choices for better health.  It ain't easy to conquer this addiction/habit/need whatever you want to call it, but it IS possible.  Though it does take work.  If you're willing to put in the work, I think you will reap the benefits.  As a 35+ year smoker who has been now quit 17 years - I can tell you it's worth the effort. 

I suggest you put up a blog in the Conversations/Journals/Blogs area.  Here's a link that may? get you there.  I find this site hard to navigate m'self.:   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Journals-Blogs/bg-p/quit-journals  Look to the right and you'll see a Journal Dashboard.  From there you can "Start a Journal/Blog".  Hopefully you'll get responses from other members there.  

The Community help area, where you posted, is mostly for technical community help problems.