cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jserhal

Replacement

• What are some things I can do besides vaping? I’ve read sugar free suckers, gum, something to keep my mouth and hands busy 😕
0 Kudos
5 Replies
biscuit9

@jserhal   Crochet (I could only handle easy patterns due to quitting),     Go to Hobby Lobby and start a craft project                                             start a good book, take bubble baths, read and write encouraging phrases,                                                                                                                   watch awful smoking videos on whyquit.com                                                   This is just a sample

jserhal

I’ve started or bought so many cross stitch projects….ill try again though! 
thanks 😊 

biscuit9

@jserhal  I never finished my crocheted table runner, and likely never will.  Cross stitch sounds fun.  I went to Hobby Lobby not too long ago and I did NOT have my blinders on.  I wanted everything!!  I commend you for understanding that you need to stay busy.  Keep the hands and mind busy, to replace the addiction.  

Also, if you do a search there is a whole article on this board (somewhere) with LOTS of ideas and things to do (that don't harm your lungs and body).  Healthy things and things that make you feel better, not worse.  No more self-harm!  Good choices going forward.  You can do this.

Barbscloud

@jserhal Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your upcoming quit.

I quit after 50 years of smoking and many attempts at quitting.  When I found the Ex, learned how to quit for the first time  and how invaluable support was for me on this journey to become an Ex. A big part of quitting is creating new associations to replace smoking.  There's where you plan comes into play.  This link is a great place to learn about tools, cravings and creating those associations.  It's also educating yourself about nicotine addiction plays a big role in a successful quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help.  Join many of us on taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

I'm not a crafts person. Here are some more ideas for you.

100 Things to do instead of smoke - EX Community

I used Sour Patch Kids and chewing on straws.  To keep busy and distracted, I walked, did work around the house, spent time on the Ex, spent time with my dog (pets are great quit buddies), kept something in my car to read and played video games.  Walking is a great way to refocus your thoughts and get an added boost of dopamine lost when quitting.

Stay busy and stay close.  Look forward to celebrating with you on the 28th!

Barb

jserhal

I KNOW I can!  Looks like a Michaels visit is in my future! 
thank you for the encouragement ♥️