cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

How do we find our blogs and content?

I see the activity feed, but where do we go to find our old content:  blogs & conversations, questions, etc.?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia 

You probably noticed that we reduced down to fewer posting options. Mostly Discussions and Journals / Blogs to simplify the experience.

All blog posts that were on Jive from your Personal blog are now in Conversations > Journals / Blogs

Discussions posted in other places are located in the Groups or in the other Forum Boards(Health Conditions, Quit Methods, Support and Best of Ex) within the Conversations Category.

Documents from Jive were in most cases migrated to this community as Discussions. In some cases they became a TKB. We'll be exploring how we can utilize TKB (Tribal Knowledge Base) articles to the communities benefit.  A potential positive use of this content type might be your EX to EX INSTRUCTIONS .

At this moment there is not an equivalent "Content" function in the Khoros community to show all of your content in one place like we had on the Jive community. Certainly we see how this can be valuable and will explore ways to bring it to this community. 

Advanced search will help you locate content by user but you must put in a search term like I have here for Relapse

Search is more prominent across the site so that you can find content from a variety of different authors if you want to read about a particular topic.

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Thank you. 

At this moment there is not an equivalent function in the Khoros community to show all of your content in one place like we had on the Jive community.

Understand.  But I don't accept that as a solution for my particular needs (and you can click on the "select solution" button for yourself with your answer)  but I will find one that enables me to highlight the content that has enabled me to quit and stay quit, and that special content that I believe others have need of too.  You know, we in the community have always found a way to communicate in the way we best need to.  And we will find that again. 

As you said:  "Certainly we see how this can be valuable and will explore ways to bring it to this community. "

Great.  In the meantime we will find our own way.  

Thank you for all you've done and the care you all have for this site and it's community.  

And here's to all NEW MEMBERS joining!   

Giulia

I didn't even see the first part of your post when I responded last.  And now I'm responding again and only see what I responded to, not the original post.  So I guess I'm still lost.

YoungAtHeart

@CommunityAdmin 

I saved a draft and now can't find it anywhere.  Also did a site search for "Drinking" and got NONE of the 250 blogs or so I have written on the subject (and not the draft, either!)

HELP!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YoungAtHeart wrote:

@Mark 

I saved a draft and now can't find it anywhere.  Also did a site search for "Drinking" and got NONE of the 250 blogs or so I have written on the subject (and not the draft, either!)

HELP!

I assume it was a blog? You can find your drafts by going to your profile. Scroll down and they should appear on your profile page.  You can also go to Journals / Blogs - EX Community and on the right side there is a Journal Dashboard and there should be an option for "Drafts" Click it and it will take you to your Drafts.

Here they are. I searched a couple terms that I remember from your typical posts to prepare people for the weekend. Please note I searched you as the author and then put in one key word.

Search Drinking - EX Community 

Search Alcohol - EX Community 

Search Weekend - EX Community 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I did finally find the draft.  I really would like my content to be housed on my page, though - if it's possible.  I like to refer people to folks' pages to read their assembled wisdom.

On a more positive note, I like the indication of the number of views a blog gets.  We had that on the site before Jive and I found it helpful.  I don't much care about responses, because - well, what do you say on a blog done weekly -  week after week after week- but it's nice to know people aren't just glazing over when they see it! 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YoungAtHeart  wrote:

I did finally find the draft.  I really would like my content to be housed on my page, though - if it's possible.  I like to refer people to folks' pages to read their assembled wisdom.

On a more positive note, I like the indication of the number of views a blog gets.  We had that on the site before Jive and I found it helpful.  I don't much care about responses, because - well, what do you say on a blog done weekly -  week after week after week- but it's nice to know people aren't just glazing over when they see it! 

@YoungAtHeart We're working on finding a solution to having something similar to "content" tab that was available on Jive. It's always been my plan it just wasn't something that we could do at the time the community was launched. 

Jive had views for blogs. They actually were able to bring the views from Jive over to Khoros in most cases so you should see that historical information for your Journals / Blogs here on Khoros.

EX Community Admin Team
JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE1-25-15_0-1616255647267.png

Here is one way if you enter a keyword with your name in the dropdown search box. 

YoungAtHeart

Guess my doing the search wasn't enough?!  I will add my username when i do a search again, I guess.  Still stands that I would like my content to be available on my page, though!

🙂

0 Kudos