cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Do Members Get Notified if They've Been Friended or Unfriended or Ignored?

And what's the difference between Unfriending and Ignoring?  How does the functionality differ?

I really love being able to see which friends are on line, but due to the amount of friends I currently have I can't see them all without scrolling through many pages.  Some of them are only active once in a blue moon and I'm thinking of Unfriending them to remove them from the list.  I'm not a Face Book user, but I know those that are can get really upset when they're "unfriended" and I don't want anybody to be upset here because I unfriended them.

If I select "ignore" rather than unfriend, will that take them off the "online" viewing list?

Is there any way to select specific friends that you want to check on and have them show up at the top of the list rather than in alphabetical order?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
MarilynH

Good question 🤔

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don’t know offhand.  I’ve not tried it.  You could try it with someone as a test.  My guess is it doesn’t notify them.  

Right now the notifications are off so you wouldn’t be able to test that at this point.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I don't have any friends lol,all are ignoring me .. I don't see any , I don't see who is on line . How do you even make friends in here . Where are the newcomers , are their newcomers .no wonder the siteis so inactive to me . 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Hey @Anonymous I see you hopefully we'll get this platform figured out so we can see everyone especially the new quitters and anyone and everyone that needs a helping hand!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the crew behind the scenes have lots of repair work to do to get the kinks out . I don't see anyone again this morning , but I'm waving hi 👋 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

USERS ONLINE 

Here is a link that Mark posted the other day to see who is online - I bookmarked it because that is the only way to assess it - go figure.

Click on any user name to go to their profile.  From there you can add them as a friend.  Go to your profile to view your friends.   @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link . That's helpful to know , not who is on but maybe in finding newcomers to help but what a hassle imo . I may save it until there is a direct line visible , if I can figure out how to book mark but really what does it help ? What do others use it for ? Really to find if their friends are on ? 

This is one feature I did not like on the original quitnet as it created division amongst members and much sadness was in the community over it . So much sadness when people weren't included, had no friends or followers and imo understandably so it affects quits . Groups did the same especially closed groups . Ignore people on a quit site is incomprehensible to me . I would help anyone struggling in their quit certainly under no circumstances ignore anyone but that's me . 

I am not thrilled with the site ( only stating my opinion ) and dirty but I will be open with that  but I am still giving it time  It is  very statistical for study purposes . I wish they would have spoken to seasoned quitters like many of us who spend hours upon hours daily on Ex to speak for newcomers needs .  I'm also frustrated my blogging has become their ownership to do with as they like . I can't even find them . 

Indo understand things take time and we have to be patient . Looking at the user list perhaps we are the test project to get things more in order . That's good if it's the case . 

Good thing we have strong quitters cause good lord even I wouldn't mind a pretend one right now to get through to the healthier side of the platform once kinks are solved . 

I am grateful just frustrated . Users on don't matter to me now I see the purpose , ignore , befriend unfriend m we are all equal or should be , exmail friendships email friendships , this is a quit smoking site , how does friending people help . In ten years I've never had to use that function . Imo like em or not they are all still my quit friends and would help save their quit or offer support in a flash . 

Sorry for the response , I know it's negative , but not a lot a lot of positive mention ATM . 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

You can scroll to the bottom of your profile to see your  recent activity  or latest post (click on view all to see everything).  This might be helpful in finding your posts.  I don't think it has always been there so I think they are still tweaking things. I did reach out to someone that is fairlly new here by private message this morning. I used the link that I sent you to find them.  Hang in there @Anonymous - together we will get this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

USERS ONLINE 

Here is a link that Mark posted the other day to see who is online - I bookmarked it because that is the only way to assess it - go figure.

Click on any user name to go to their profile.  From there you can add them as a friend.  Go to your profile to view your friends.   @Anonymous 

I also see I can't edit my mistakes. Dirty was not the word I wrote lol .. someone help new computer needed . Apparently they after ten years choose wordsof their own . So dirty bare with me ad I made not buying a new one lol . Thanks . There should be no bad words in my post .