cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c2q

Spoilers

Jump to solution

I want the ability to use spoilers in my posts. Is this possible? Thanks.

Tags (1)
23 Replies

Oy!  I vote we discuss something simple like quantum physics?

Why would you want to hide the stuff you typed?

PLEASE DON'T answer that question.  It was meant only for the voices in my head.

Bree

0 Kudos

Hey Dale, that's something different, but I remember that hover over feature. It's done with a source code on java script; I don't know how it works really either, or if Jive can do it.

As far as spoilers go, I am much more familiar with them being used in the ways I mentioned above than being used to reveal hidden answers. So This:

There is a portfolio of pictures above this paragraph, inside a spoiler. if you click on the spoiler, you can see them. 

Becomes this:

silent whisper 2.jpg

There is a portfolio of pictures above this paragraph, inside a spoiler. if you click on the spoiler, you can see them. 

Usually, there is hover-over text for the spoiler, so if you hover your mouse over it, you get the message "click to hide or reveal message"

0 Kudos

c2q

Same solution.  Slightly different mechanics

What JonesCarpeDiem is talking about it sounds like something that is possible (Title with excerpt" view) but real estate wise it results in A LOT of scrolling because it adds it directly to the page. The excerpt it does pull is often too short to provide any real added teaser value. Having a succinct descriptive title often is enough to determine what the topic is about.

I've seen other sites have a hover over state that will show an 1 paragraph excerpt of the content when you mouse over a topic title. I've not seen that as an option here for me. Doesn't usually work on tablets or phones though. Additionally, since you're actually reading, at least one paragraph of the info, I don't know if it counts as you having read at least part of that topic.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spoilers are available in the current community  platform as of 3/17/2021.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos