cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make discussions able to be saved as drafts?

We can save blogs as drafts but not discussions.

Why it would be helpful:

I'd like to keep MY non quitting related posts in the games area on the right side of the home page.

I want to post a quiz in laughter is the best medicine but I have to save the idea as a blog draft and then redo the whole thing again (reposting pictures, etc.) because there is no option to save as a draft.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem

There is no "Save as Draft" button but the site does save discussions as drafts automatically after a period of time of you working on it. If you leave the page it will be saved in the background, not in "drafts" like you see with Blogs. If you go back into that same area and try to post another discussion it will ask if you want to recover that old content to post.

I know this isn't what you're looking for. I think the thought about it when it was designed was probably that someone would probably write a discussion post and then post it whereas a document and blog is more of something a person may develop over time before posting.  To that end it won't likely be changed, especially with autosave. Maybe you can create some documents and save them as document drafts and then you can copy and paste them when you're ready to post into a discussion.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

thanks. I didn't know that function guaranteed a save.

0 Kudos

It does save, I don't know how long into composing but it does save however. Also when you write a comment(except for status updates) it does as well and it will say something to the effect of "Your content was was auto-saved at XX:XX xm" I believe there is something similar when writing a discussion.  It's also dependent on your internet connection. If you have a poor connection it may not work as well as a dependable connection.  

Auto-saved versions of this content were found:

Last saved
Apr 12, 2019
Recover or Delete
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I know it does typically save but I've also seen "saved response" before I've even written a response. 

0 Kudos