Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

c2q

the EX Cafe Sun 02.26.17

Welcome to The EX Café  Sun 02.26.2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
56 Replies

We don't have to dig around in pockets for lose change, go for the cigarette run, clean the ashtrays, scrub the goop off surfaces, detail the car, and repair the burn holes in clothes! 

A nice clean Sunday and we can smell the great food cooking, the clean house, and the flowers on the coffee table. Kick back and enjoy!

c2q

Hi Jennifer-Quit. A Sunday afternoon nap sounds lovely to me. It's wonderful to not have people move away in the elevator because I stink of cigarette smoke, too.

Hi Nestly‌! I want some of those strawberries! Looking forward to what you do with those.

0 Kudos
c2q

Quiche. what is Sunday brunch without it? While our quiche is in the oven, I decided to read up on the history of quiche. I found this nifty little website, foodreference.com, from which I quote:

Although quiche is now a classic dish of French cuisine, quiche actually originated in Germany, in the medieval kingdom of Lothringen, under German rule, and which the French later renamed Lorraine. The word ‘quiche’ is from the German ‘Kuchen’, meaning cake. ... The original ‘quiche Lorraine’ was an open pie with a filling consisting of an egg and cream custard with smoked bacon. 

Let there be quiche! in about, say, 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Wishing everyone a hassle free stress free smoke free peaceful and relaxing day, my husband Mark cooked me a pancake breakfast again but I think I could manage another coffee just black would be great thanks.

c2q

Hi MarilynH‌ Really enjoyed your blog this morning. Here's your cuppa. Plain black coffee, my specialty.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Thank you Patti, delicious coffee c2q ,coffee is definitely one of your specialties.

0 Kudos
Pops

Good morning Pati and crowd! Great to see everyone this morning.  I slept in for a bit today, but now it's time for some joe & sweets.  Place looks great Pati, did you see the parking sign I put out front yesterday?  I wanted to make sure there was always room for me here....

The other pics are some memories of a couple of trips I've taken on my Harley while out living the dream...btw, I posted a blog yesterday /blogs/Pops8-blog/2017/02/25/living-the-dream?sr=search&searchId=de368375-816e-4f14-98bf-575eba37897... blog posts.  Check it out if you get a spare moment.  I'm thinking about maybe a short ride today too.  Sort of chilly though, I'll have to ponder on that for a bit....in the meantime, how about some of that strong coffee that you are so good at making?

c2q

Okay, quiche is up. This is the Quitter's Deluxe quiche. Chock full of spinach, tomatoes and potato, to help you get three nutrients that help with your quit:

vitamin C, vitamin E, and calcium. Enjoy!

and now the cafe is going self serve for a bit. Help yourselves to whatever looks good.

SelfServeBarNeonSM.jpg

0 Kudos
c2q

Morning Pops‌. I must have been in the back, getting the quiche out of the oven, when you came in. Great to see you! I'm going to check out your blog in a little bit.

btw, that reserved parking sign looks great in our lot

0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning Pati and Thomas.  I would love a cup of black coffee and a piece of dry toast, preferably oatnut bread, hahahaha.  I am not too demanding, am I?   I have to get to work so no time to chat, I woke up with an earache, I feel like a little kid trapped in a little old lady's body...EARACHE?

Have a great day!

0 Kudos