cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge October 2017

Happy October everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge where we meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps hold us accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better!  And be PROUD of YOU!  Every day smoke free is a Day Won instead of a day one.  

===========================================================================================

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

===========================================================================================

What does October mean to you?  Did you quit a year ago in October and relapse and want to reclaim it?  Do you have a family member whom you want to honor with your quit during this particular month?  Is this the month you're going to achieve your "Forever" quit?  Or perhaps this is the month you quit a year ago and will be celebrating your first year's anniversary of smoke freedom.  

We'd love to hear a little bit about your October reason to quit or stay quit. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
404 Replies
smorgy8513

As we join hands we feel the strength of each before us!

Thanks for your hand Felicia.   I hang on and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Sharon 1536 DOF

0 Kudos
elvan

Thank you for your hand, Sharon, I am so happy to take it this morning as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what. I offer my free hand to the next person in line.

Ellen 1369 DOF

0 Kudos
wlh

Thanks for your hand elvan!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my free hand to the next in line to pledge with us today.

Lynne 230 dof

terri54

Thanks for your hand today, Lynne230! I pledge not to smoke today and extend my free hand to the next in line to take the pledge with us today!

0 Kudos
arky

I pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs. here is my hand .

0 Kudos
Fefun

I gratefully accept your hand Arky , I pledge not to smoke today- no matter what. I offer my hand to the next person who would like to make this pledge alongside us  George 37 DOF (my counter said the same thing last night must be a midnighty thing  ) so my last posted pledge was actually 36 DOF lol    

0 Kudos

I thankfully except your hand Fefun, and extend my other to the next person on this  awesome  ride of being an X...........

ahhshucks

Anita, I will start this day off and gladly take your hand and pledge to not smoke today.  I extend my hand to the next person who chooses the same.

Joy 49 dof

0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning, Joy, I am happy to take your hand today as I pledge not to smoke no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge.  Look at YOU with 50 days coming up tomorrow!  Congratulations.

Ellen 1370 DOF

Twohearts67

I will take that hand elvan with my pledge not to smoke at all today and offer my free hand to the next person in line. 

0 Kudos