cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Stay Active in August, it may just save your quit!

Hello Everyone,

I usually have Holidays to post about and catchy phrases. Well, I have racked my brains and checked my calendars, there are a few minor celebrations but nothing major. 

August is still a month where we can swim and be outside. Avoid the real hot and humid days as much as you can, but stay active (busy) as much as possible. It just may save your quit. Many of us complain about the weight we gain when we quit smoking. Staying busy not only can smash a crave but can help keep the weight off!

If any of you have a special day, holiday, event or celebration feel free to shout it out!

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping keep this group active and lifting each other up with your pledges. In July, we had 6 pages of pledges and an average of 9 pledges per day.

Commit/stay committed to your quit! Please join us in the Daily Pledge and keep you commitment strong.

Terrie

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Taking your dog for a walk early in the morning or after the sun goes down is a great way to stay active.

Or swimming a few laps is a great activity. (Can't smoke when you are wet and great exercise)!

Never hurts to find a shady spot to get out of the heat!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
293 Replies
ex-smokestack

Found it. Lillian, I am very proud to take your hand and pledge not to smoke tomorrow, just day2 this time around but think maybe with the extra help I will make it. And I have another hand I gladly extend to the next person.

0 Kudos
PennyLynn7407

Hi ex-smokestack, I gladly take your hand this morning, as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what! I extend my other hand to the next in line to pledge...

Penny 106 DOF

0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning, PennyLynn.  I gladly take your hand this morning as I pledge not to smoke today.  I extend my free hand to the next person in line.

Ellen 932 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good Morning All!

Ellen, thanks for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today and also offer my free hand to the next person in line.

Victoria  60 DOF

0 Kudos
shashort

Good morning to all!!

Hi Victoria, congratulations on day 60.  Thank you for your hand and gladly hold your hand victoria and pledge not to smoke for today, no matter what!! I offer my hand to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon 87 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Sharon and pledge to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Mag at 1119 DOF

0 Kudos

Hey, Mag

Thank you for your hand. I take it happily and pledge to not smoke today, no matter what.

I offer my free hand to the next  person to pledge.

Have a wonderful day, everyone

Joyce

0 Kudos
vanlil

Thanks you for your hand Joyce. This time I remembered to go to page 2 to add my comment.  I pledge not to smoke today and offer my hand to the next person in line.

Lillian

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hi, Joyce! Thanks for your hand! I take it and pledge not to smoke today, no matter what! I offer my free hand to the next person willing to make the same commitment! Terrie 399 DOF!
I Won't Quit on my Quit!Stay cool, stay active, stay free!

0 Kudos
vanlil

Hi Terrie

Holy cow - I am taking your hand Terri.  Feels Good! I pledge not to smoke tomorrow (going to bed now) just got back from Book Club and enjoyed myself. All nonsmokrs there............Ha all nonsmokers everywhere and now I am one also.

Tomorrow Dy 52.

I offer my hand to the next person and hopes it feels as good as Terrie's hand.

Good Night ans sweet dreams.

Lillian

0 Kudos