cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

manofsteele

Mondays Pledge Not To SMoke Today May 12

Welcome all Daily Pledgers ...

I pledge not to poison myself and smoke today Monday May 12 or tonight. I will not let cigarettes control me today. There are NO excuses that would cause me to break my pledge. I am proud of myself every day I do not smoke. I know I am an addict and can never have one puff ever again and I am happy with that fact. I extend my hand of support to the next in line ....

Special extended hand of support to Karen in congratulations for getting past the first month and Dian for her Smoke Free Mothers day. Both have been steady pledgers and I feel so strongly that this will help you keep this quit a lifetime.

Make it a Super Successful monDay !

PS - I also pledge to bring back a newbie that could use this pledge group to build a strong quit foundation for a successful quit. Will you also help me on this mission?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dian

Taking your hand, I'm pledging to be my strongest and continue to be a non-smoker, I pledge not to give in to my cravings....... I pledge to help myself and all here to stay non-smokers...... take my hand..........
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

I pledge not to poison myself and smoke today Monday May 12 or tonight. I will not let cigarettes control me today. There are NO excuses that would cause me to break my pledge. I am proud of myself every day I do not smoke. I know I am an addict and can never have one puff ever again and I am happy with that fact. I extend my hand of support to the next in line ....

Had a rough week last week...havent' pledged enough...but I am here and not smoking!
0 Kudos
liz19

I take your hand and extend mine to the next in line! I pledge not to smoke today or tonight, and to stay smoke free. Today is my one week! I made it through the first hell week, and I know I can make it through the next and the next and the next!
0 Kudos
fran

As of Saturday May 10th 2008 I was 33 days and 21 hours. This day May 12th, 2008 I am 1 day 11 hours. I screwed up big time!!! I smoked 2 cigarettes sat may 10th. I'm not even going to try and make anyone think I had a good reason...I didn't. There is no good reason. I was weak plain and simple...So here I am with my stupid tail between my legs starting over again...Pledging that I will not smoke today May 12th 2008. Not today not tonight...and to apologize to myself for letting myself down...I'm posting my bullshit screw up all over this site so everyone knows I am an idiot and I screwed up!!! I'm not going to beat myself up after posting this all over this site...I'm just going to reset the counter and move past it...Good day
0 Kudos
Susan59

Fran......you blew the quit. It happens and is really sad. Start again. Don't beat yourself up..no need to plaster the information anywhere ...or call yourself names......... just fear this addiction more and COMMIT.

I take your shaky hand that I am holding really tight and pledge no cigs today. I extend my hand to the next committed EXer.

Rock the quits people. We can do this!!!

Susan - Free and Healing for Two Months, Sixteen Days, 12 Hours and 49 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 20 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1396 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $402.52.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Fran I also extend my hand of support with you. I have a post on the tough luv group. If you want me to remove it I will. I just want to let you know we believe in you and want to help you. Don't give up on yourself and we wont give up on you, Deal?

I am proud of you that you are here and back pledging it shows me a lot !!
0 Kudos
Giulia

Thanks for your hand, Doreen. I take it and promise along with you all not to smoke this day. Holding my hand out for the next pledgling to say the same.

Giulia (2 years +)
0 Kudos