cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Let the NICO-DEMON be the April Fool!

Let the NICO-DEMON be the April Fool! Don't let this be you! Protect your quit by coming here and making your pledge not to smoke!

April 22nd is Earth Day! Keep your promise not to smoke! Keep butts off the ground!

Earth Day

Earth Day     

Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year.    

April 27th is Administrative professionals Day! Let's Celebrate with our EX Admin.friends, that keep our site up and running and are in the process of making EX better so we can support and encourage one another to protect our quits!     

Last but not least is Arbor day April 29th! Plant a tree! Tree's keep dangerous carbon out of the air and add precious oxygen, making it easier for us to breathe!     

Arbor Day

Holiday          

Arbor Day           

Arbor Day is a holiday in which individuals and groups are encouraged to plant and care for trees. Today, many countries observe such a holiday. Though usually observed in the spring, the date varies, depending on climate and suitable planting season.          

Well that's enough about all that! Although I did learn some pretty good stuff about the month of April!, sorry if I bored you all!

I want to thank each and everyone of you for coming to this pledge group, making your commitment stronger helps make my commitment stronger and has made the group stronger! You guys and gals are awesome!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
278 Replies
TerrieQuit

You are doing a great job, Maureen!

Hello, Everyone! Hope your weekend goes well!

I will gently take your hand Maureen (no grabbing today!) and pledge not to smoke this day, no matter what! I am extending my free hand to the next in line to pledge!

Have a great weekend all!  Terrie  276 days free!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Niebauer7

Ok Terrie, I accept your hand and I pledge not to smoke today (but I'll do you one better and pledge to not have ANY nicotice today.) I've never done this pledge thing before so I hope it works.  I extend my hand out to the next in line...

0 Kudos

Niebauer7 (do you have a name we can use?) I happily take your free hand and pledge to not smoke today, no matter what! I offer my free hand to the next to pledge. Happy Friday, Everyone.

Joyce

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I will gladly take your hand Joyce and pledge not to smoke for today no matter what and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge

Mag at 997 Days of freedom

0 Kudos
joedice711

i gladly take your hand mag and pledge not to smoke today no matter what ,why when or anything and hold out my hand to the next person....                                   riding high with <180> days of freedom from those nasty smelling things...

0 Kudos
xsaffron

Hmm I don't think anybody is seeing my hand, but I'm still here trying. Joedice, I take your hand today and extend my hand to the next person. 

0 Kudos
Legend

Hello Xsaffron,  I see you and I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke and I am extending out my other hand to the next in line.

Here is another song to pass the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mnw9uiYggU

Christine

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hello!

xsaffron and Christine, I will take both of your hands in mine and I offer my free hand to the next person in line to pledge.

Thanks for the song Christine!

Here is a tribute to Merle Haggard who went "home" on his 79th Birthday.

https://youtu.be/eFHJ41ktt3Q

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Giulia

What - you've got THREE hands Terrie?  Well Ms. Octapus I'll take one of them and say point blank - I will not smoke today.  Period.  Doubt it not!

Offering a hand to the next who will say the same with conviction!.......

0 Kudos
candylance

Another sleepless night!! However, it is with great joy that I grab Giulia's sweet hand and wish everyone a good morning. Taking this Daily Pledge makes me feel so good AND so strong!! I pledge NOT to smoke the next 24 hours NO MATTER WHAT, and I extend my free hand to the next in line.....................

Candy           159    DOF

0 Kudos