cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Let the NICO-DEMON be the April Fool!

Let the NICO-DEMON be the April Fool! Don't let this be you! Protect your quit by coming here and making your pledge not to smoke!

April 22nd is Earth Day! Keep your promise not to smoke! Keep butts off the ground!

Earth Day

Earth Day     

Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year.    

April 27th is Administrative professionals Day! Let's Celebrate with our EX Admin.friends, that keep our site up and running and are in the process of making EX better so we can support and encourage one another to protect our quits!     

Last but not least is Arbor day April 29th! Plant a tree! Tree's keep dangerous carbon out of the air and add precious oxygen, making it easier for us to breathe!     

Arbor Day

Holiday          

Arbor Day           

Arbor Day is a holiday in which individuals and groups are encouraged to plant and care for trees. Today, many countries observe such a holiday. Though usually observed in the spring, the date varies, depending on climate and suitable planting season.          

Well that's enough about all that! Although I did learn some pretty good stuff about the month of April!, sorry if I bored you all!

I want to thank each and everyone of you for coming to this pledge group, making your commitment stronger helps make my commitment stronger and has made the group stronger! You guys and gals are awesome!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
278 Replies
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Dotgirl and pledge to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge

Mag at 993 Days of freedom

0 Kudos
xsaffron

Mag- I pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and take your hand. Day 3 going on Day 4. 

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Test  Comes up as empty post

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Sorry, not sure what happened - I wrote out my message, send it and the message said ""empty message".  Hm-m-m  maybe I should pull the covers over my head for the rest of the day. LOL

Done to business.  Mag, thanks for your hand.  As I hold on I pledge not to smoke this day ans offer my hand to the next person in line.

Victoria  222 DOF

0 Kudos
joedice711

victoria i gladly take your hand.... i pledge not to smoke today and hold out my other hand to the next person to pledge..       its great to be free....176 days of freedom..thanks everyone for all the support...                                                                          

0 Kudos

Joedice, I am late in the day, but happily take your hand and pledge to not smoke today (haven't so far). Congrats on your 176 days - can't wait until I get there. I hold out my free hand to the next to pledge.

Joyce

0 Kudos

Joedice, I am late in the day, but happily take your hand and pledge to not smoke today (haven't so far). Congrats on your 176 days - can't wait until I get there. I hold out my free hand to the next to pledge.

Joyce

0 Kudos
Legend

Thanks Joyce, I’m taking your hand and pledging not to smoke and holding out my other hand to the next in line here. I hope you all have a wonderful night.

Here is a song to pass some time.

Petula Clark Downtown. original version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx06XNfDvk0

Christine 

0 Kudos
Giulia

I stopped by the supermarket the other day in a small town in NC and saw a pack of Marlboro's open, with a goodly amount of cigarettes in it, sitting on top of one of  the recyling barrels outside the local BiLo.  The day before I had seen someone out there smoking.  Was it theirs?  Had they forgotten it?  Next day I saw the same pack of cigarettes in the same place.  Was this a BiLo employee who just left their cigarettes there for their smoke breaks?  Were they offering them to others as a "gift" by leaving them there?

The first time I saw them there was a passing thought - "ah, my brand" and "oh I could take one of those and smoke it.  I could even take the whole pack home for that matter."  I didn't particularly WANT one.  But that was the thought.  And of course I quickly dismissed it.  I don't steal, for one, and I don't smoke any more - for another.  But I found the thought curious.  And the next day when I saw them again, I wondered AGAIN not only WHY they were there, but why nobody had taken them. 

Was I tempted?  Not really.  Although i admit the thought to take them WAS there.  Finder's keepers type of thing.  But i didn't desire one.  Perhaps it was just an old "memory."  The fact that I've rememberd the experience, however, says much to me.  I NOTICED them there.  Even after 10 years smoke free.  And had that thought.  Not the desire to smoke - just the thought.  That's enough to tell me I continue to need to pay attention to my quit.  That's all. And so I do.... by taking your hand, Christine, and continuing to promise not to smoke and offering my other hand to the next Pledgling to fly in with their revelations.

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Hi Giulia! Thank you for your story . How great to be where it's a thot and not anything more.. Great job! Day 2 for me!! I take your hand and pledge to not smoke for 24 hours no matter what and hold my other out to the next to pledge . We all gotta hold on tight cause as you wrote... You never know
0 Kudos