cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Jump into June!

I am so sorry I am late for this very important June Pledge! There are a lot of reasons to come pledge this month. Renew your commitment not to smoke.There are a lot of things going on and old smoking memories may pop up. Remember the memories are just that, they are not cravings. Push the memories and craves aside and get busy! Plenty to do and plenty to celebrate!

June 14 is Flag Day

Flag Day

United States    

Flag Day     

In the United States, Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened on that day in 1777 by resolution of the Second Continental Congress. The United States Army also celebrates the Army Birthday on this date; Congress adopted "the American continental army" after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775.    

June 19th is Father's Day

Father's Day

United States    

Father's Day     

Father's Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. The tradition was said to be started from a memorial service held for a large group of men who died in a mining accident in Monongah, West Virginia in 1907. It was first proposed by Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington in 1909. It is currently celebrated in the United States annually on the third Sunday in June.    

June 20 is the First Day of Summer.

Let's keep our commitment and our quit fresh. Come here and pledge. Keep your education about this nasty addiction going! And last but not least take it One Day at a Time! 

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Terrie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
242 Replies
shashort

Good morning everyone.  Sharon, I thank you for your hand, I;ll hold on as I pledge that I will not smoke today now what!! I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 24 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Sharon and pledge to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line.

Mag at 1056 DOF

0 Kudos

Hey, Mag - thanks for your hand! I'm happy to take it and pledge to Not Smoke today, no matter what!

I offer my free hand to the next to pledge.

Joyce

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hello, Joyce, I will gladly take your hand as I pledge not to smoke today no matter what! I extend my free hand to the next person willing to make the pledge!

Terrie  11 months free!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
elvan

Terrie, I gladly take your hand as I pledge not to smoke today and I extend my free hand to the next person in line ready to take the pledge.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I will gladly take your hand Ellen and pledge not to smoke no matter what and here is my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 693 DOF 

0 Kudos
Legend

Thanks Marilyn, I will take your hand and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and I am holding out my other hand to the next in line. I hope everyone has a very nice night.

Christine

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning to all.    Christine, I'm so glad you got things worked out with 'puter!  Now I get to take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today....NOPE....not for any reason!     I hold out my other hand for the next to come along.

Sharon 1037 DOF

0 Kudos

well, good morning, Sharon.  I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke this day.  I'm waiting for the next person to join in line.  red rover, red rover

Lori 

0 Kudos
shashort

Good morning everyone.  Sharon thank you for hand and gladly hold and I pledge that I will not smoke today. NOPE for me too no matter what!! I hold my hand out to the next person in line.

0 Kudos