cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Jump into June!

I am so sorry I am late for this very important June Pledge! There are a lot of reasons to come pledge this month. Renew your commitment not to smoke.There are a lot of things going on and old smoking memories may pop up. Remember the memories are just that, they are not cravings. Push the memories and craves aside and get busy! Plenty to do and plenty to celebrate!

June 14 is Flag Day

Flag Day

United States    

Flag Day     

In the United States, Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened on that day in 1777 by resolution of the Second Continental Congress. The United States Army also celebrates the Army Birthday on this date; Congress adopted "the American continental army" after reaching a consensus position in the Committee of the Whole on June 14, 1775.    

June 19th is Father's Day

Father's Day

United States    

Father's Day     

Father's Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. The tradition was said to be started from a memorial service held for a large group of men who died in a mining accident in Monongah, West Virginia in 1907. It was first proposed by Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington in 1909. It is currently celebrated in the United States annually on the third Sunday in June.    

June 20 is the First Day of Summer.

Let's keep our commitment and our quit fresh. Come here and pledge. Keep your education about this nasty addiction going! And last but not least take it One Day at a Time! 

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Terrie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
242 Replies
TerrieQuit

Good afternoon everyone!

Mag, I will gladly take your hand in mine and pledge not to smoke this 24 hours!I am reaching for the next in line to pledge!

Here is something to keep your mind occupied! (I didn't say it was low calorie!) Very tasty for sure!

National Rocky Road Day

Date When Celebrated : Always June 2

National Rocky Road Day is all about eating ice cream...... specifically Rocky Road ice cream.

Want to make your own Rocky Road Ice Cream? Just add nuts (almonds and/or pecans), mini marshmallows, and chunks of semisweet chocolate to your favorite ice cream recipe. Today would be the perfect day to make, and certainly eat, a batch of Rocky Road ice cream.

If you aren't into making ice cream, or just don't have the time, you can buy Rocky Road ice cream at any grocery store. Or, visit your favorite ice cream store for a cone (large today). Enjoy!

Have a great Day!    Terrie  332  DOF

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good Morning.

I'd like a dish of that right now. 

Terrie, thanks for your hand.  I hold on as I plledge not to smoke this day and offer my free hand to the next person in line.

Victoria

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Beautiful Weekend to All!

Victoria I have your hand and pledge not to smoke! No way!! I reach out to next in line .

Today is 2 months or 61 days of living Smoke Free!! 

Cindy

0 Kudos

Good Morning, everyone! Another beautiful day here in West Michigan. Sun is shining, birds are singing, we are not smoking.

Cindy, thank you for your hand. I happily take it and pledge to not smoke today, no Matter What!

I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

JOYce

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Good morning, it's a rainy day here in the Maritimes but we need another good soaking, I will gladly take your hand Joyce and pledge not to smoke no matter what is happening , here's my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 690 DOF 

0 Kudos
shashort

Good Morning Joyce.  Gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no Matter What!!  I offer my hand to the next in line to pledge

Sharon 21 DOF

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning all!     Sharon, I thank you for your hand and I'll hold on as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!         I'm holding out my other hand to the next in line.          Let's take and give the power that we need to be Winners!!!

Sharon B     1033 DOF

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Whoops, looks like two posted at once and Marilyn got skipped! I got your hand Marilyn and together we will take Sharon's hand as I pledge not to smoke on this 333rd day of smoke-free living! I have a free hand for whoever will pledge with us! Come one, come all!

I am headed off to the Newark, Ohio Strawberry festival to listen to some music!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Yummy!

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Terrie and pledge to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line

Mag at 1053 days 0f FREEDOM

0 Kudos
PennyLynn7407

Hi everyone!

Mag, I gladly take your hand as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what happens! I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge...

Penny 41 DOF

0 Kudos