Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

July Daily Pledge 2023

July 2023 Daily Pledge EX Community.pngWelcome - to the first, or hundred and first, or one thousand and first day of your quit!

When we start this journey, we need to make a promise to ourselves to stop doing things we've been doing for a long time. This could mean habits like smoking, vaping, or using other types of tobacco. We also need to remember that even treatments to help us quit, like nicotine gum or patches, can become habits if we use them too much or not the way we're supposed to.

At the start, things might feel strange, just like trying something new for the first time. We might need to ask for help more often, promise to do better, and get courage from people going through the same thing. We really need to watch ourselves and make sure we're sticking to our goal. As we move forward, it gets a bit easier, which feels good. Yet, we still need to check in once a day, or once a week, or when we suddenly want to smoke again. This helps us stay strong in our goal to quit smoking. And we can also come back to help others too.

Feel free to come here anytime you need. Accept the help from someone who's been where you are - they could even be on their first day, too. Isn't that exciting? Every time you reach out to help someone else who is quitting, it's like saying, "Yes, I can do this! And so can you!"

Remember, we're all in this together. There's a lot of power and something really special in making this promise as a group. Good job to all of us!

How to pledge

1. Go to the last reply. Scroll down until you see the pagination and click the last page number.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the last page and look for the last response to see who pledged before you. Click the Reply button immediately below that post to take the hand before you and offer your open hand to the next person.

3. Start your post with the @ symbol and wait for a pop-up. The first username in the pop-up will be the last person to reply to the pledge. Select that username in the pop-up and then compose your reply.

4. Click the Reply button below the text box when you're done to publish your pledge. As an alternative you can pledge using the reply and quote buttons. Watch this short video to learn how. 

5. You've made your pledge!  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

6. Check out this handy quit calculator to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My EX Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong.  How cool is that?!

If these help you - use them.  If they don't - create your own.  (Thanks to @JimTaddeo  for finding them.)

The Daily Promises

Interested in volunteering to run the Daily Pledge? Send a PM to @CommunityAdmin for more information.

Note: The above text has been provided by the EX Community from previously posted Daily Pledges and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of BecomeAnEX, Truth Initiative or the EX Team.

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
502 Replies
vicky_k

I will be happy to take your hand @wlh  and pledge not to smoke today.  I will extend my other hand to the next person in line.

Good morning! Thank you for your hand @vicky_k  I pledge not to smoke today. I extend my hand to the next person who needs it. Have a great day!

trish4801

@arletajames1991 I will take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. I extend my free hand to the next person to take the pledge. 

Stay strong and true to yourself, as I will stay strong and true to myself.  We've got this!

Trish C
SuzyQ411

Hi again @trish4801 ; I gratefully accept your hand of support and agree with you to not smoke today. And I offer my free hand to the next one to pledgee along with us.

d 400

Taraysa

@SuzyQ411 Thanks for offering your hand. I accept and truly appreciate the support. I extend my free hand to the next pledger.

jewlz23

Hi Taraysa, I gladly take your free hand and pledge not to smoke today. I offer my free hand to the next person to take the pledge! "We are stronger together" (a quote by @wpwwusncorpsman

Metroguy

@jewlz23 I am happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. I extend my other free hand in support to the next person in line. Have a great day!

John

Barbscloud

@Taraysa Welcome back.  Congrats on day won.

Barb

0 Kudos
JessieOwens

@Metroguy wrote:

@jewlz23 I am happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. I extend my other free hand in support to the next person in line. Have a great day!

John

I’m happy to be smoke free today and feeling so much better, and I want to extend a hand to the next person.

Jessie

ckfranklins

• Good morning @JessieOwens @I will accept your open hand to support both of us today. I accept responsibility to stay with my quit plan and extend my open hand to the next person for support