cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

JUMPIN' JUNE PLEDGE

June - what does June mean to you?  Is it the month you started your quit?  Is it the name of your aunt who died of a smoking disease or your daughter who has begged you to quit for a long time?  Is it the June Bug that bashes against your screens saying "Pay attention to me!"

Those of us with long-term quits pledge silently every day to maintain our freedom.  We awaken with it in our hearts.  Though it's not something we consciously  think about much,  we know it's important to re-connect now and again.  The newbie awakens with the hope that they will make it through another day.  The quitter who has several months smoke free may need a commitment boost.  Whatever your reason for coming here,  understand that this is a wonderful tool for quit maintenance and a place where -  in that moment when you need to re-affirm your quit  to protect and preserve it - there will be a hand to hold during the journey.   Your quit is a Magnificent Jewel.  Never let it go!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
98 Replies
NewEnglander

Good morning all!  Looks like more rain - the gardens can use it.  Thank you Mag for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke for the rest of this day and offer my hand to the next person in line.

Victoria

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.    Raining right now.     We had an inch 2 days ago but lawns, garden can use this.     Then it means I'll have to go and weed!     Victoria, thanks for your hand.   I'll hold on as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!     I offer my other hand out to the next in line.      Who is that I see coming up behind me?

Sharon 686 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

We need rain. Thanks you for your hand today Sharon and I pledge to not smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line

Mag 706 DOF

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.   Mag, I love that I get to take your hand as I pledge to not smoke today no matter what!     I will offer my other hand to the next to come along.

Sharon 687 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

I gladly take your hand Sharon and pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

707 Days Of freedom

Mag

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Couldn't get on yesterday, but am here today.  Mag thanks for your hand - I will not smoke today.  And I offer my hand to the next in line.

Victoria

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.   Yup....I didn't get on here yesterday either Victoria.   I heard it came up late afternoon but didn't have time to do it after that.      But I DIDN'T SMOKE OVER IT!!!      In the past the frustration may have led me to that but not now.    Victoria, I will take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what comes along.    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 689 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

Thank you for your hand Sharon and I promise not to smoke for 24hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

Mad 709 DOF

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.      Mag, thanks for your hand this morning!      I hold on and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what.     I offer my other hand out to the next to come along!

Sharon 690 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morniong

I gladly take your hand Sharon and I promise to not smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!!

Mag with 110 DOF

0 Kudos