cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

JUMPIN' JUNE PLEDGE

June - what does June mean to you?  Is it the month you started your quit?  Is it the name of your aunt who died of a smoking disease or your daughter who has begged you to quit for a long time?  Is it the June Bug that bashes against your screens saying "Pay attention to me!"

Those of us with long-term quits pledge silently every day to maintain our freedom.  We awaken with it in our hearts.  Though it's not something we consciously  think about much,  we know it's important to re-connect now and again.  The newbie awakens with the hope that they will make it through another day.  The quitter who has several months smoke free may need a commitment boost.  Whatever your reason for coming here,  understand that this is a wonderful tool for quit maintenance and a place where -  in that moment when you need to re-affirm your quit  to protect and preserve it - there will be a hand to hold during the journey.   Your quit is a Magnificent Jewel.  Never let it go!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
98 Replies
Em_12

Thank you for the offer of support and friendship! I gratefully take your hand, Victoria and promise not to smoke for the next 24 hours. I offer my other hand to the next person and line.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Got your hand Victoria and promise not to smoke along with everybody else here today.  Holding out my other paw to the next Pledging.....

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning to all!   Love the flower Giulia!    And I will gladly take your hand as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!!!!     I will offer my other hand out to the next in line!

Sharon 667 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Love Your Flowers Giuila

I Gladly take your hand Sharon and pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line

Mag at 687 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

The flower is beautiful.  Hi Mag I take your hand in mine annd pledge not to smoke today.  Now I reach out my other hand in support to the next in line.

Victoria

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning all!    Sitting here waiting for the pain pill to kick in and thinking that a couple of years ago I would have struggled my way downstaires, outside and smoked while I waited,,,,,no more.....I'm now a non-smoker!!!

Victoria, good to see you and to take your hand this morning as I pledge that I will not smoke no matter what!    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 668 DOF

Here's a flower from me!

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning all

Hope the pain goes away for you soon Sharon, I gladly take your hand  and promise not to smoke for 24 hrs and  hold my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mag at 688 Days of freedom

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning everyone!

Hi Mag, I gratefully take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. at the same time I hold out my other hand in support to the next pledger.

Victoria

0 Kudos

good afternoon everybody. Victoria. Glad to take your hand. I Pledge not to smoke no matter wha happen for the next 24 hrs. I extend my free hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning!    Summer, I'm so glad to see you here and to be able to take your hand as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what may come my way.    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 669 DOF

0 Kudos