cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Declare your Independence from smoking

Keep your commitment strong! Join us and take the daily pledge not to smoke. We help keep each other accountable for our quit!

Here are a few interesting things happening in July:

Happy Canada Day on July 1rst for our Canadian friends!

Canada Day (FrenchFête du Canada) is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the Constitution Act, 1867 (then called the British North America Act, 1867), which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.[1][2][3] Originally called Dominion Day (FrenchLe Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982, the year the Canada Act was passed. Canada Day observances take place throughout Canada as well as among Canadians internationally.

Independence Day (United States)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

"Fourth of July" and "4th of July" redirect here. For the date, see     July 4. For other uses, see     Independence Day (disambiguation). For other related material, see     Fourth of July (disambiguation).  

Independence Day
Fourth of July fireworks behind the Washington Monument, 1986.jpg       
        Displays of fireworks, such as these over the        Washington Monument in 1986, take place across the United States on Independence Day.      
Also called The Fourth of July
Observed by the United States
Type National
Significance The day in 1776 that theDeclaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress
Celebrations Fireworksfamily reunions, concerts, barbecuespicnics,paradesbaseball games

Independence Day of the United States, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth in the U.S., is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, by the Continental Congress declaring that the thirteen American colonies regarded themselves as a new nation, the United States of America, and no longer part of the British Empire.[1] Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworksparadesbarbecuescarnivalsfairspicnicsconcerts,baseball gamesfamily reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
268 Replies
NewEnglander

Good Morning All!

Sharon, thanks for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today and also offer my free hand to the next person in line.

Victoria  52 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Victoria and pledge to not smoke today no matter what and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mag at 1111 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos

Hey Mag, I am happy to take your hand today and promise to not smoke, no matter what!

I offer my free hand to the next person to pledge. Have a beautiful day, everyone

Joyce

0 Kudos
vanlil

I pledge not to smoke tomorrow (going to bed now) Day 44 tomorrow.

I extend my hand to the next person in line.  

Some Ups amd Downs but mostly UPS.  Staying grateful.

Lillian

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Lillian my friend, I got hold of your hand tightly !! Yes there may be ups and downs but your commitment and the strength we share in one another will keep you strong!! So today we will win this day!! I pledge to walk along side you and not smoke no matter what. NOPE... SINAO... You go girl 44 already!!!

ivextend my free hand to who's next in line!!

Yes I can .... Already did 119 DOF

cindy

0 Kudos
Nikibug

I pledge not to smoke no matter what.

0 Kudos
vanlil

I pledge not to smoke today Day 61.  Got some sugar free candy today and I thinkI like it.  

Starting to watch my sugar intake.............BUT..............gratefully I do not want to smoke.Yeah

Lillian

Next person - here is my hand

0 Kudos
vanlil

I pledge NOT to smoke today.  Day 62

Waiting for a gal to come for a light lunch.  She is a smoker but knows I quit.

If she wants to smoke she will have to go outside on the screened porch for her fix. It is hot as you know what out there - so I will not join her in the heat. To think I would sit out in that heat (I live in Key West Fl) many many hours before I quit.

This gal has quit many times so I know she admires my quit.

I am very pleased with myself.

Hugs

Lillian

0 Kudos
vanlil

I pledge not to smoke today ,  Day 63

I am feeling wonderful.

Lillian

Next person here is my hands.

LIllian

0 Kudos