cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

richie

Daily Pledge

every time i sneak a cigarette, i force myself to ride my bike to somewhere in the city to put one of these stickers up. it makes me do aerobic exercise, which the smoking doesn't help, and also makes me think twice about if i really want that smoke.
  www.obamaquit.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
931 Replies
jdesco311

I pledge to not beat myself up for eating bad foods and not exercising, but instead, pat myself on the back for being smoke free for 3 weeks!

Giulia

testing

0 Kudos
lois2

I pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs.

0 Kudos
forevrfree

Seven days to my quit day (2/6/16).  Im a little concerned about what comes after that but I will do my best to remain a non smoker 24 hrs at a time.  Have my props in place and will follow the advice to get rid of stuff that will obviously trigger the urge like lighters, ashtrays, and find a new location in my house to use my laptop because I've done a lot of smoking there.  Grateful this blog exists so I can lay out my struggles.

0 Kudos
eich33

First day quitting smoking.  This really sucks.  I had success before using Chantix and quit for a year.  I quit b/c I wanted to start a family with my husband and then we couldn't get pregnant and so I went back.  Honestly, I don't even know how I got back to being a pack a day smoker.  But here I am.  Financially ready now for the necessary fertility treatments and I have to stop this nasty habit again.  It's funny how I remained in denial for so long that I was smoking again.  Well, this time around, I am using nicotine patches, mainly b/c my doctor is on vacation and I really didn't think this thing through.  I know what to expect.  It will suck.  It will really suck.  But then it will get better, and better, and better.  Before I know it, the memory of being a smoker will be distant and life will be full of joy again.  But now, it is a brain game and I have to beat it.  No cheating.  I can never pick up a cigarette again.   And that makes me really really sad.  

0 Kudos
Giulia

TO PLEDGE  - SCROLL UP TO "LATEST DISUSSION" ABOVE, THEN CLICK ON THE CURRENT MONTH.  LOCATE THE LAST PLEDGE FOR THE DAY, (IT MAY BE ON THE 2ND OR 3RD PAGE), TAKE THAT PERSON'S HAND AND VOW TO REMAIN SMOKE FREE! 

xsaffron

I pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours. It is after nine o'clock at night here. (9:26pm). Let the countdown begin. Thanks for telling me about this Terrie!

pattyduke777

Cut back on my intake of smoking till set date quit smoking. 7/18/2015 and bought nicotine patches havent started to use it yet. Will the nic patches help
0 Kudos
Giulia

TO PLEDGE  - SCROLL UP TO "LATEST DISUSSION" ABOVE, THEN CLICK ON THE CURRENT MONTH.  LOCATE THE LAST PLEDGE FOR THE DAY, (IT MAY BE ON THE 2ND OR 3RD PAGE), TAKE THAT PERSON'S HAND AND VOW TO REMAIN SMOKE FREE!

0 Kudos
vanlil

Today is Day 20 - I pledge not to smoke...............all is well and I KNOW IT.!