cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

richie

Daily Pledge

every time i sneak a cigarette, i force myself to ride my bike to somewhere in the city to put one of these stickers up. it makes me do aerobic exercise, which the smoking doesn't help, and also makes me think twice about if i really want that smoke.
  www.obamaquit.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
931 Replies
minidragon

I pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and extend my hand to the next person.

0 Kudos

pledging another smoke free day and many more to come,. Here is my hand, join me in this magnificent journey!

0 Kudos
livingonfaith

I pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hour  and use my separation strategies when I feel the urge the smoke. I will use my Nicotine replacement therapy as scheduled, no more no less.

0 Kudos
mustangsally3

I had one little slip, I didn't have any until this afternoon and it wasn't a whole one and now I don't have anything but my lozenges, meds and will power to help me to not slip again. I am picking up from this point on so today can stay my quit day and I don't beat myself up.

Ultimately I am only letting myself down. But, I am sorry and am still learning how to deal with my triggers in  more healthy ways so I can be my own success story and be setting a good example for my girls.

0 Kudos
mustangsally3

I pledge to stay strong and motivated and smoke free for the next 24 hours for today, I want to help others while I am learning to help myself! 

0 Kudos
artist4

I have 12 cigarettes left in my pack...It is 3:30 PM

This might not seem important or a big deal but I pledge not to buy anymore cigarettes today.

My quit date is October 7th...I will try very hard to get there...this I pledge.

0 Kudos
artist4

As of today, I am now officially an ex-smoker. I pledge to get through the entire day without buying cigarettes and smoking them. My house has no cigarettes in it so therefore,

I pledge not to invest my money and time into smoking today and hopefully foreverer.

0 Kudos
shelly85

Today is day 5 for me. I pledge to make it through day 6 and pray for all others before me and ahead of me to keep on without lighting up. It is like losing a best friend when you have smoked over 30 years...I had a Mock funeral for my cigarette pack and said good-bye! I know it must sound crazy...but they are now gone for good. Thank you for this support group. 

0 Kudos
lady11

i am on my 2 day of smoke free trying to keep busy out in the fresh air walk my dog clean house i pledge  to be smoke free 

0 Kudos
MJ_29

Today is my day 2 as well.  I keep slipping up but this is going to be my last time. I know I can quit.  One day, one minute at a time. In the end, cigarette smoking will be in my rear view mirror and I will wish I did this sooner.  I pledge not to smoke today.  Hooray!

0 Kudos