Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Come Celebrate Quit Date Celebrations for 7/3/2022

We encourage you celebrate your milestone with us! Login and comment with your Days of Freedom. Let's show the world that we've overcome or will overcome and not let nicotine win.

It appears that you've reached the milestones listed below based on the quit date that is appearing on the site. Please login and say hello!

Congrats on your progress if the date is correct. If it isn't, read below for directions on how to get your quit date updated! This is a judgment-free zone. It's important to quit and we're here for you!
@tony5  5000 days!
@Ladybug--7-3-12 10 years!
@katjus73  3000 days!
@hortgal58 @jsfedele 8 years!
@Wildflowers  5 years!
@jim_kay @Joempies @Stephanie-64 @Tennesseetex @waltbenn1  4 years!
@bliss1083 @caesar5771 @cass88610 @Cburch74 @Crazybirds @Jennkelly28 @josephself @Laura2.15.2019 @Mstiller1966 @sch2021 @shechrissy @toniann22h  1234 days! You hit the sequence!
@1979salinas @Ashley00 @crystal_whitt @Dobguyexsmoker1 @Giana @holly41 @MeriGu @my3angels85 @sferris2019  3 years!
@anitaboyd39 @CherylK0312 @Cndcool @delossantossg @DW_quitit @EGholston @fcreasy @februality @gmrivera @Greyrose86 @grimone @jordanlydia @Jvsred @karac @live2day @Makeemproud @masnyder86 @mattman2344 @Meganannebutton @meme3131 @morgannokeefee @Papawtim @Pferg44113 @rhonekatie @rkeister001 @shandream1101 @Shannan3.1416 @stacyb823 @Tonimann @vijado  1000 days! Welcome to the Quad Squad!
@9287perritt @hcantrell @i2katz @Katchoo @marcie1592 @Mimi2020   2 years!
@2016state @angelanotangie @bryanmchowell @CBrook @des786 @Ehulsinger83 @erockorama @Glendadetwiler @Idw2sea @kendra_w @kristen2424 @mmuhlestein @morrowm589 @Patvette  500 days!
@afogg @Blundysack @Ehaynes01 @Kathryn2012 @Leatherwolf @sarahdyer1984 @sarahmccarthy @user1608742  1 year!

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Cburch74

1466 days

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@berniebernal @Drewanna1008 @Eagle0211 @jbarn @Kellicokat @KKelley @laynecorbin4 @m2m155 @Maya1605 @misagapi @Myfourleafclov @Nlking86 @suzykely @Yukonactual  50 days!
@ash222 @Ashleyspain1985 @Idontusetobacco @ItsTime2022 @joshuamorrison5 @jpeteris87 @KingRitchiesWrd @NadiyahW76 @RonnieLotz1967 @tatorchipman @tessacholland11 @Timneedstoquit 1 month!

@21yearsisenough @ArminiusJ @danielled91113 @Dcrabtree327 @DoneLostMaMind @dst123 @ducks @GrammySue @royzgurl9179 @Shatzy   7 days! This is the first of many celebrations for you. Please come back every time we celebrate you and confirm your quit date. Today, Start a Quit Journal and reflect on that first week.

@5412proball @Cmccain8271 @ewigand0526 @Kat1951 @Kingtami811 @Ltren1978 @martinjude1 @Nicholemaria @Qbee0 @Sgdelprin @Suzinut @Tbreuker   are quitting today. If you are, we're glad you're starting your journey with us. Be sure to journal your experiences today with a personal journal(← Click to get started) so you can look back on it and reflect where you started. Tag the post "TheDayIQuit". This way others can see what they can possibly expect as they start their quit journey. Before you know it, you'll be celebrating with people like those mentioned above. To see more Quit Journeys for days 1 thru 100 click the link.

Curious how common your quit date is? Check out the popular quit dates here.

Not ready to start your  Quit JournalAsk general questions about quitting or ask something about the quit method you've chosen or find support with others who have similar health conditions, getting involved will improve your success in quitting.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cburch74 Thanks for the update. We had your quit date as 2/15/2019.  I appreciate the correction.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
waltbenn1

Congrats to you all for doing something good for yourselves and others.  Reflecting, it took many years to quit with many unsuccessful attempts.   Thank goodness for support groups and many other prominent deterrents.  Better social awareness, support, prohibitive cost, prayer, meditation all of these continues to help me stay away from those lousy cigarettes.   I never liked vaping, either so that also helps.  Thanks for the message, Mark!  

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@waltbenn1 Congrats on your 4 years of freedom! Thanks for checking in and offering some encouragement and validation to the program, especially the EX Community for other members who are just starting their journey.

EX Community Admin Team
waltbenn1

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@waltbenn1 Wow, that's a fantastic achievement.  So glad you stopped by to celebrate and acknowledge your success.  

There are many newcomers that will profit from your wisdom and experience .

Super big congrats on 4 years.  I know what it takes to get there.

Barb

0 Kudos
waltbenn1

Thanks, Barb!  That's why I like this group; you all helped me and hopefully we can help others, as if "cost" of  this detrimental habit isn't enough to deter some...I'm happy to be able to breathe better.  The benefits still sure do outweigh the risks...especially costs associated with healthcare, when you get to feeling bad, go to the Dr., then they tell you go to the E.R....where they basically do nothing, take blood maybe, other costly tests, then tell you "you're fine", but you need to quit smoking...that'll be $6,000.00, please (when you get all the surprise bills, or pay the deductible, all that other asinine stuff, etc.-what a racket, right?)  It's best to work on just being "healthy & happy", and how one does that is getting help and finding the support they need (hopefully) in the 1st place, but yes, definitely easier said than done!  Some are more successful than others, and. as they say in AA,...(pertaining to how some achieve success) "sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly...", well, I'm one of the "slowly".  But good luck to everyone & thanks for the encouragement to maintain my "freedom", health, etc.