Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

lois2

Celebrating Milestones

Congratulations, Brain one year that is GREAT, YOU DID IT
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
570 Replies
Starlite

Doing good Alyssadone, stay strong - my quit date is Jan. 12, 2016, but I almost want to just start already - still nervous, but going forward. Yay for your 8th day 🙂

TerrieQuit

I posted a blog about how I found cigarettes in the bottom of my sock drawer on New Years Eve. I looked at them, I thought about it for a split second, then I ran them under water and crumpled them up! Thoughts aren't the same as craves! But every once in awhile you will have a moment like that! It doesn't mean you can give yourself permission to smoke! If you are early in your quit just hang on! It gets so much better and easier! If you want to stay smokefree, keep coming to this site! We can help!

Terrie  182  DOF

(I will have 6 months on the 6th of January!)

TerrieQuit

Hello! My name is Terrie and on January 22nd I celebrated 200  DOF! I very rarely ever think about smoking any more! I know I have a long way to go, but I will be smoke free for the rest of my life! I discovered today that I have saved 5 weeks of my life already! toot toot! What a Deal!

0 Kudos

My quit date was January 17, 2014 and that was it.  I just happily passed my 2 year annivseray  I quit and never looked back.  I started smoking when I was 15 and smoked for 38 years.  I didn't know how not to smoke because it had always been just a part of my life.  After 6 months of respirtory illness and 2 hospitalization in 1 month for respirtory failure, I finaly decided it was time.  I just did not want to smoke any more.  I hooked up with my health plan and got resources, joined this site and a couple others.  Wore a patch for the first 2 weeks, then quit  the patch because it gave me really weird dreams but by that time, the urge had passed and I was done.  I think that is the key to quiting.  You really have to be at a point that you, yourself are ready.  No matter how many time, my husband, kids, family, doctors and others begged me to quit, it  had to be my decision.  So in the end, I believe if I can do it, anyone can.  I took up walking and actually lost weight, never gained and am healthier than I have ever been!

catsmeow

Congrats to you all. My quit date was August 9th 2014, it gets easier with time, although sometime I still think about it, but the thoughts pass quickly and I realize going back would be a huge mistake.

0 Kudos
JustSharon

HEAVENLY 7, ONE WEEK TODAY!

MePlus3

Heavenly 7!! I like that and yes we made it through hell week! Now it's time to aim for that month!!

3500+ days for me and only 9 badges. Boo Hoo.  🙂

bonniebee

I am at 564 days ......I think  i lose track unless I go and look !

mskim2016

Day 3!!!