Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

lois2

Celebrating Milestones

Congratulations, Brain one year that is GREAT, YOU DID IT
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
570 Replies
msbobi

Haven't been posting much lately ... I'm working on my attitude.  Coming up on my quit day and I feel good about it.  I'm not projecting how my first non-smoking day will be ... you know,  cross each bridge when I get to it.  I don't really have a quit buddy ... I welcome any buddies if anyone wants to help.  I have my keyboard (musical) and my sewing work and a few projects that I can work on.  I've been smoking outside only ... and I have to stand when I smoke ... I also got some cleaning done this week.  It is sure a lot harder to quit smoking than it is to begin smoking!

0 Kudos
msbobi

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've been focusing all my energy on not smoking ... so I missed my Monday entry.  So far so good.  Ricola Natural Herb Cough Drops have been helpful for me.  I keep reminding myself, 'I am powerless over what smoking does to me.'  

0 Kudos
msbobi

Friday, March 16, 2012

Still just a group of one.  Doin' OK on my quit ... it's not exactly easy!  I only concern myself with not smoking today.

0 Kudos
msbobi

Monday, March 19, 2012

One week and two days of no smoking.  No slips. I left one cigarette butt in the back yard to remind me of what I don't want to do.  I stomp on that cigarette butt everyonce in a while.   My quit day was time change this year ... so it will be easy to remember how many years I have without counting.  I'm still working on this one day at a time.  Another unique thing about this year, it's leap year.  I wonder, is it easier to quit smoking in a leap year?  So far so good, and I'm grateful!  To think I smoked for 36 years ... and now I'm a non-smoker!  It is a humbling experience, in a good way.

0 Kudos
msbobi

Monday, March 19, 2012

Something that seems to help ... Red Hots ... I get them at the Dollar Tree. Low in calories, small and they taste a little like the Red Vine Candy.  They work for me OK.  Also Halls Honey Cough Drops and Ricola Mountain Herb.

0 Kudos
msbobi

Friday, March 23, 2012

Now on day 13 of no smoking ... and I'm doing OK.   No major urges, but a few thoughts here and there.  So far, so good ... no cigs.  Quitting has been less difficult than tapering down.  I use the words "less difficult" because neither task is easy!  I began to think about quitting smoking in 2009 .... 3 years later I finally quit.  As always, I do this one day at a time.

0 Kudos
markubudes

I hope I will celebrate milestone soon!

0 Kudos
msbobi

Monday, March 26, 2012

Starting day 16 of not smoking.  It's feeling a little more natural to not smoke, but after 36 years it still feels a little odd.  I'm glad to be a non-smoker.  I just keep not smoking one day at a time.

If you're thinking of quitting smoking, think of these things:

1) I am powerless over what smoking does to my body and my mind.

2) There are 1,440 minutes in one day ... 8 cigarettes consumes 32 minutes of a day.  Is smoking was really worth 32 minutes of my day?

I have a thoughts of smoking a cigarette now and then, but I have other things to do rather than smoke.

In the movie "Ghost" one of the ghosts who ruled the subway commented about how a cigarette would taste so good.  To me cigarettes don't taste as good as they used to.  Cigarettes quit making me feel good.  Bottom line is this: What I think and what I do, do not have to be one in the same!  I can think about something, but not do it!

0 Kudos
msbobi

Friday, March 30, 2012

On day 20 ... no smoking here.  I still think about them once in a while.  Why can't they make a tobacco cigarette that is not harmful?  I guess some things don't have any answers.  I am powerless over what smoking does to my body and my mind.

0 Kudos
msbobi

Monday, April 2, 2012

Starting day 24 of no cigs.  I walk about a mile each morning.  I sometimes walk in the afternoon.  I also do my exercise bike about 4 times a week.  I gained about 15 pounds when I quit smoking, now I need to shed some pounds.  My clothes are getting a little snug and a new wardrobe is not in my budget.  I still think about smoking just about every day ... I hope that will pass in time. I enjoyed smoking ... I just wish it wasn't so harmful.  Grateful to be a non-smoker today.

0 Kudos