cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

smorgy8513

August and we are HOT, HOT, HOT in our quits!

Welcome to August!   Last month of summer.     What can we do to make sure that we get everything we want and need from our smoke free summer?     Well, come here and make your pledge, join hands with those that are working on theirs and go out and recruit others.

I will pledge to not smoke today no matter what comes my way!    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 361 DOF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
169 Replies

thank you for your hand Louise and I now commit myself to stop smoking for the next 24 hrs. And extended my hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos
harry18

What a gorgeous day, I was as i alway do just reading blogs and the daily pledge and realized that I am one lucky guy to be here with all you lovely people just being quiters if even for just one day. 

I have invited another Exer to join us so be on the look out for and welcome Gayvenda to our daily pledge.

Summer it is just a simple pleasure to take your supportive hand and pledge that I will not smoke for the next 24 hours no matter what and offer my other hand to help support the next in line

Harry@108DOF N.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good morning all!      Well, to quote the "camel"......"guess what day it is".   No, not hump day (or maybe in a way it is).

Today is one year anniversary of being smoke free!        I honestly didn't think I could do this when I started but I did.     

And do you know what?     This Daily Pledge page has been a big piece of how I did it.

So, with that ...... Harry, thank you for your hand of strength.    I take it and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!

I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon      1      year      !!!!!!

0 Kudos
maria86

Good Morning All, Nice to see you back Candy! So glad to take your hand Sharon as I pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours.  I've got my other hand extended to the next person in line.  Congratulations Sharon!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
maria86

Good Morning All, Nice to see you back Candy! So glad to take your hand Sharon as I pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours.  I've got my other hand extended to the next person in line.  Congratulations Sharon!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Good Morning all and Maria I gladly take your hand of strength and pledge not to smoke today or any other day for the rest of my life.  I extend my hand to the next lucky ex'r in line.

Jackie

0 Kudos
gayvenda

It's wonderful hanging out with you people who are choosing Life like me. Harry, I take your hand of  victory over cigarettes and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours.  I also extend my hand to the next EXer who reaches out...

Gayvenda

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Welcome gayvenda to the pledge group, I gladly take your hand and promise not to smoke for 24hr and extend my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!!

Mag @385days

0 Kudos
gayvenda

Thank you Mag!  Wow!  You've got over a year being smoke free!  Yesterday, my painting skills went awry and it was somewhat frustrating.  Then this morning, my laptop took a dive so that I couldn't find my email.  I became very frustrated and finally just shut her down.  My son was unavailable to give it a tune up and still is! I made a decision to just ask God what he wanted me to do next.  I still didn't feel like taking the painting on, so just took some deep breaths and relaxed myself.

Soon, a thought popped in my head that it would be nice to do something special for someone else.  So, I began to search through my gemstones and chose some bigger stones for my son's necklace and some smaller ones for my 6 year old grandson.  I selected turquoise, black onyx and bone.  They turned out great! And I'll get them in the mail tomorrow!

It didn't dawn on my until much later in the evening that I never had a thought about a cigarette, even being "under the gun"..  Then I resurrected my laptop and did some tuneup and got on the EX site..  I stll cannot pull up my email, my son's expertise will be required for that.  It must be lost in cyberspace...much like me the last couple of days!  LOL.

I'm grateful that I can navigate EX this evening, at least for the moment. I'm feeling a little anxious,but a meditation will help that   In just a few more hours, I can say that I'll try it for another day... Maybe I'll feel like painting my sunset tomorrow...  

0 Kudos

Glad to take your hand gayvenda, and I now commit myself to stop smoking for the next 24 hrs. And I extended my hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos