cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

webqueen

Another day and no smokes

My quit date is coming up next week.  I do not want to be cocky and think I will never be tempted again.  I am taking it one day at a time.  No cigs today!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
smorgy8513

Hello and welcome to the EX!      I'm confused.....(but that's really nothing new).....You say you have not smoked (I think you said a week on the Daily Pledge page) but here you say that your quit day is in a week.     Which is it?       If you've gone a week without smoking you already have a quit day under your belt.     And if it has been over 7 days you have Hell Week out of the way.

Please clarify for me?    Thanks.

Sharon 213 days of Freedom!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

OK - it sounds like you are preparing to quit by going without cigarettes for long periods and then smoking again?  If so - you are doing yourself a disservice!  If you have gone a whole day without smoking, then you have ALREADY quit.  Going about it your way is keeping yourself in constant withdrawal and making it more difficult than it needs to be.  If you have reduced your smoking to 5 cigarettes or less, it's time to just QUIT!

I think things might be clearer if you spend some time educating yourself on what nicotine does to your mind and body.  To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

As well, read the sections on this site, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. As well, you might visit whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com.

After you have completed the readings, it will be time to make your quit plan, including what quit aid , if any, you will use, and the crave busters you think will work for you. Then you can approach your quit day with a plan in place.  

Stay close to us here and ask questions as you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

0 Kudos

I quit 9 days ago and am still having rough patches (very rough).  I smoked for 35 years so I planned to qut using a plethora of aids:  hypnosis, laser therapy, and medication.  Well, it worked, but I never thought to having a long term plan so I am reaching out to all of  you for a little advice and encouragement.  What would help me most is for EX's to assure me there is an end to the mental turmoil I feel.

0 Kudos