cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

A New Year - A New Pledge

if you're here to (make a pledge) to quit because you've decided without any prior thought to do so - think again.  This is not just a place for end-of-the ear New Year's resolutions.  The "Oh I REALLY NEED TO QUIT SMOKING" cry and so "THIS YEAR I'll really DO IT!"  And "New Year's is the PERFECT TIME!."  We've all been there, attempted that.  For most of us that New Year's resolution was just a wishful thought based on hope and what our inner wisdom told us we should do for the benefit of our health.  It was a beautiful, but brief, emotional desire, supported by very little else than the "I SHOULD." 

Quitting takes so much more than that.  It  takes all sorts of thoughtful supportive measures.  It takes desire, yes, but desire is not the deciding factor.  Knowledge, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, homework, perseverance...  all the words we really don't want to hear.  That's what quitting takes.  Well, the lasting kind, anyway.   We want it to be easy.  We want to take a pill and awaken the next day craving free.  Doesn't happen.  YOU have to do the work necessary to achieve the success you want.  YOU have to make and take the time.  YOU have to learn and apply that learning and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way.  Are you willing?  It's an incredibly empowering journey.  You'll learn things about  yourself you never knew  And they are positively THRILLING! 

No, it's not an easy ride.  Smoking has consumed your days and twilights.  For YEARS.  It has consumed most of your being  in more ways than than you have even considered.  But you'll discover all that if you stick around and, well - just read.   In order to overcome this addiction, you have to consume something else.   A different mindset.  Your brain, unfortunately was sabotaged without your knowledge.  But knowledge will give you the keys necessary to unlock the door to your Freedom.  It's YOUR choice. 

What will you choose?

This is a one-day-at-a-time journey.  Get through today and you will find it will aid your tomorrow.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next and adds strength and encouragement to those days which followl.

Those who have been a member of this group and have pledged daily, know the strength of this daily dose of commitment.  You do us all  honor every day.  Thank you.

I, Giulia,  pledge to remain smoke free this day as I have for the past 3,592 days.  Take my hand and don't be afraid.  It get's easier.  Really it does!  Rejoice!  Who will join me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
Giulia

Got your hand Mag, and I am most definitely in for the group hug.

I will not smoke this day.  Period.  I swear.

Sorry, Sharon but I'm enjoying the heck out of the cool weather.  I'm a northerner and the temps and humidity down here in TN just about do me in.  Except in the winter.  But it ain't no fun to live with 6 months of grey and temps in the minus numbers for long periods either.  Been there, done that.  Living in long underwear, etc.  So I know just how you feel.  Makes Spring all that much sweeter, though!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Got your hand Giulia. I am in for the group hug! Firemen, ooh they are usually cute! anyhow the weather here in Ohio is very mild and every one has head colds! I won't smoke! Who's got my hand?

I can't wait for spring! I have some new bulbs that need to go in real early

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning.    Terrie, it's me grabbing your hand.       I've decided that I'm going to be positive about the weather thing....warming up today....only -8 right now and spring will be here in a very short time.     Also the retirement and move to warmer weather is only 6 months away!!!

So, I'll dance.....

Sing

And promise that I will  not smoke today.

I have 897 DOF

Sharon

Who's grabbing my hand?

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Sharon. I'll grab your hand.  I plan to sing and dance my way through this day minus a cigarette.  You bet.  Things go better with DOF.

Victoria  146 DOF

0 Kudos
Giulia

I'm dancing to that smoke-free tune!   I don't smoke, 'cause I'm no dope, 'cause I say NOPE.  And that's a promise!  Scratching away those butts and excuses!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Clucking out a promise that I won't smoke! Cock-a-doodle-do you too?

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

DO

No smoke.....no way.......hurray!!!!

I don't smoke today.........

Can you walk along side of me and do the same?

I have 898 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning all!

Thanks for your hand, Sharon.  Love the pictures.  I am not, repeat, not  going to smoke today. Here's my hand for anyone who wants to do the same.

Victoria 147 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Thank you for your hand Victoria, I gladly take it and promise to not smoke for today, no way and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge!! I'm in the big group hug!!

Mag at 918 Dof

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Hi Mag.....Glad to grab your hand.       I won't smoke today.......NOPE!      If I do.....I want you all to come after me....lock me up and make me go through that withdrawal again!      

No.....sure don't want that.....

So, I pledge no smoking for today and I do have a free hand to extend out to the next in line.

Sharon 899 DOF

0 Kudos