cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

A New Year - A New Pledge

if you're here to (make a pledge) to quit because you've decided without any prior thought to do so - think again.  This is not just a place for end-of-the ear New Year's resolutions.  The "Oh I REALLY NEED TO QUIT SMOKING" cry and so "THIS YEAR I'll really DO IT!"  And "New Year's is the PERFECT TIME!."  We've all been there, attempted that.  For most of us that New Year's resolution was just a wishful thought based on hope and what our inner wisdom told us we should do for the benefit of our health.  It was a beautiful, but brief, emotional desire, supported by very little else than the "I SHOULD." 

Quitting takes so much more than that.  It  takes all sorts of thoughtful supportive measures.  It takes desire, yes, but desire is not the deciding factor.  Knowledge, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, homework, perseverance...  all the words we really don't want to hear.  That's what quitting takes.  Well, the lasting kind, anyway.   We want it to be easy.  We want to take a pill and awaken the next day craving free.  Doesn't happen.  YOU have to do the work necessary to achieve the success you want.  YOU have to make and take the time.  YOU have to learn and apply that learning and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way.  Are you willing?  It's an incredibly empowering journey.  You'll learn things about  yourself you never knew  And they are positively THRILLING! 

No, it's not an easy ride.  Smoking has consumed your days and twilights.  For YEARS.  It has consumed most of your being  in more ways than than you have even considered.  But you'll discover all that if you stick around and, well - just read.   In order to overcome this addiction, you have to consume something else.   A different mindset.  Your brain, unfortunately was sabotaged without your knowledge.  But knowledge will give you the keys necessary to unlock the door to your Freedom.  It's YOUR choice. 

What will you choose?

This is a one-day-at-a-time journey.  Get through today and you will find it will aid your tomorrow.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next and adds strength and encouragement to those days which followl.

Those who have been a member of this group and have pledged daily, know the strength of this daily dose of commitment.  You do us all  honor every day.  Thank you.

I, Giulia,  pledge to remain smoke free this day as I have for the past 3,592 days.  Take my hand and don't be afraid.  It get's easier.  Really it does!  Rejoice!  Who will join me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
smorgy8513

Morning.    

You know Giulia....I think that sounds like a good idea and I would like to join you in it........

Anyone else want to come and play with us?????

We could form a band!

Sharon   894 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning all!

Sharon, thankjs for your hand.  Sorry, not musically inclined.  Plan to head down to the gym.  Want to get my lungs breathing deeper.  No clogging smoke in my life today. So, I pledge bot to smoke this day in spite of anything life throws my way.

Victoria   143 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Victoria and I pledge to not smoke for today,

and offer my free hand to the next in line!!

Mag at 914 DOF

0 Kudos
msterling999

Good morning Mag from a Fellow Mag.

We got a rescue puppy. I pledge that our puppy will not see me smoke, because I am sooo very happy not to smoke, especially this day. Here is to 1082 days as I EXtend  my hand to the nEXt EX....

Maggie

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.   Maggie, so glad to see you.    Congrats on the puppy!    And nope to 2nd hand smoke for that little one!.    

I'm pledging to stay inside today as we have -14 with a windchill of -33.      

SOOOOOOOOO happy I don't have to stand out in that.    How stupid did I used to be?

I'm too smart for that now.

Who else is going to commit to a big NOPE!!!

Sharon 895 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning!

Sharon, thanks for your hand.  I commit to a super big NOPE and hope anyone coming along will as well.

144 DOF. 

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Thanks for your hand Victoria and I Pledge to not smoke today, no way. and I offer my free hand to the next in line.

It was 63 her yesterday afternoon.

Gaurd your quits

Magwith915DOF

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning.         Do you suppose I could ask for a group hug to help me stay warm?    -11 degrees here this morning with a high of 0 expected.        I HATE WINTER!!!    And I keep thinking "next winter I will be in NM and warmer"     (it will be 58 there today!!!).

So........I'm opening my arms to invite anyone who wants to come form a circle of warm........with a pledge to not smoke today.

Sharon 896 DOF

Let's make it a group hug!!!!

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning all!

Sharon, I'm all for a group hug, but if I end up on the floor someone will have to help me get up. LOL. 

How about this - it was 70 degrees here in Lynn, MA Christmas Eve.  Talk about a bummer.  I'm a  native Mainer and love snow, hate summer.  Isn"t it grand pledgers on this site are so diverse?   Having said that I pledge not to smoke this day even if the snow we had last nght - the first of the season - melts away in an hour.

Victoria   145 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning all

Sharon-imagine all of us giving a group hug, if we end up on the floor we will have to have the fire department come and get us up off the floor.

Thanks for your hand  Victoria and I pledge to not smoke today no matter what and I offer my free hand to the next in line

Mag

0 Kudos