cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

A New Year - A New Pledge

if you're here to (make a pledge) to quit because you've decided without any prior thought to do so - think again.  This is not just a place for end-of-the ear New Year's resolutions.  The "Oh I REALLY NEED TO QUIT SMOKING" cry and so "THIS YEAR I'll really DO IT!"  And "New Year's is the PERFECT TIME!."  We've all been there, attempted that.  For most of us that New Year's resolution was just a wishful thought based on hope and what our inner wisdom told us we should do for the benefit of our health.  It was a beautiful, but brief, emotional desire, supported by very little else than the "I SHOULD." 

Quitting takes so much more than that.  It  takes all sorts of thoughtful supportive measures.  It takes desire, yes, but desire is not the deciding factor.  Knowledge, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, homework, perseverance...  all the words we really don't want to hear.  That's what quitting takes.  Well, the lasting kind, anyway.   We want it to be easy.  We want to take a pill and awaken the next day craving free.  Doesn't happen.  YOU have to do the work necessary to achieve the success you want.  YOU have to make and take the time.  YOU have to learn and apply that learning and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way.  Are you willing?  It's an incredibly empowering journey.  You'll learn things about  yourself you never knew  And they are positively THRILLING! 

No, it's not an easy ride.  Smoking has consumed your days and twilights.  For YEARS.  It has consumed most of your being  in more ways than than you have even considered.  But you'll discover all that if you stick around and, well - just read.   In order to overcome this addiction, you have to consume something else.   A different mindset.  Your brain, unfortunately was sabotaged without your knowledge.  But knowledge will give you the keys necessary to unlock the door to your Freedom.  It's YOUR choice. 

What will you choose?

This is a one-day-at-a-time journey.  Get through today and you will find it will aid your tomorrow.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next and adds strength and encouragement to those days which followl.

Those who have been a member of this group and have pledged daily, know the strength of this daily dose of commitment.  You do us all  honor every day.  Thank you.

I, Giulia,  pledge to remain smoke free this day as I have for the past 3,592 days.  Take my hand and don't be afraid.  It get's easier.  Really it does!  Rejoice!  Who will join me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
smorgy8513

Good Morning.     What's your plan for the day?

Here's mine:

1)    No smoking

2)    Work

3)  Go to bed very early because I didn't sleep last night.

some days are more  boring than others........but,  you don't smoke over it.

Share with us.

I have 890 Days of Freedom!

Sharon

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning all! 

Sharon,love the picture - I'm defininately a cat person,and .thanks for your hand.  I will hold it in mine  as Ipledge not to smoke  this day.  I extend my other hand in support to the next person in line,

Victoria 139 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Mornng All

Thanks for your hand Victoria and i pledge not to smoke today no matter what no way.I offer my free hand to the next in line.

For me to day, putting away Christmas Decorations. Going to water arobics. Going to bed early tonight so i can get up at five and go to work.

Mag at 910 DOF

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning.    Good to see you Mag!       Well, i had another night of AWFUL sleep.    Those nights seem to come when i have to work the next day.......some kind of message there....like it is definitely time to retire.       It will be mid July and I'm telling clients now.       It is hard....crying on both sides.

In the past I would have gone outside to smoke right before I would have to tell a client "to get my courage up" and then after to "help release the tension".

No more!!!!

I will pledge not to smoke today because those smoking and 'ol nic are liars.....no help.......NOPE.

Mag, I got your hand.      I'm shouting out 891 DOF.        

Who wants to grab my other hand???????

Let's do some "conversating" here about our Quits!

Sharon

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good Morning All! 

I live in a smoke free building,  It's 22 degrees right now in Lynn and I feel sorry for thess smokers who have to stand out on the sidewalk to get their fix.  There was a time - not too long ago,  when I would have been one of them.  Today I am FREE and lovin it.  I started smoking when I was 16. For 56 years  I wasted my health and money. Think how rich I'd be today LOL  I pledge, with my whole heart and soul not to smoke this day.

Victoria  140 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Victoria and pledge to not smoke today , no way. Offering my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mag at 911 Days of freedom

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I musta got lost, oh I musta got lost, some where down the line! (anybody remember that?) Well I was here 4 days ago and made a promise, and I have not smoked!

Mag, I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke, no matter what happens! I extend my free hand to the next person to pledge!

Terrie  191  DOF

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hello again!I'd say that this should be Wednesday put your Christmas stuff away if you haven't and I hadn't  but I did it today and I still smoke free! I liked your science quiz Giulia, I didn't do so well though! I do agree tha we need to spice this group up a little!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good morning.

I'm running really late today.       Slept fantastic after 2 nights of not sleeping well.

I agree about spicing this group up.

So.....today.....do you need to remind people/family in your life when you have hit milestones or do they ask?

My family doesn't ask.......some friends do.      Sometimes I feel hurt when people don't "check in" about it.    Then I realize this is MY QUIT and I guess after all this time they don't see it as important as I do!

But I'm not going to smoke over it today....I promise!

So, someone grab my hand and share your thoughts on this.

Sharon 892 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning all!

I admit I like hearing praise for my quit but the thing that swells my soul most is adding another number to my  DOF.  Having said that, I pledge not to smoke this day not matter what yes indeedy. And Sharon, thanks for your hand.

Victoria  140 DOF

0 Kudos