cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

A New Year - A New Pledge

if you're here to (make a pledge) to quit because you've decided without any prior thought to do so - think again.  This is not just a place for end-of-the ear New Year's resolutions.  The "Oh I REALLY NEED TO QUIT SMOKING" cry and so "THIS YEAR I'll really DO IT!"  And "New Year's is the PERFECT TIME!."  We've all been there, attempted that.  For most of us that New Year's resolution was just a wishful thought based on hope and what our inner wisdom told us we should do for the benefit of our health.  It was a beautiful, but brief, emotional desire, supported by very little else than the "I SHOULD." 

Quitting takes so much more than that.  It  takes all sorts of thoughtful supportive measures.  It takes desire, yes, but desire is not the deciding factor.  Knowledge, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, homework, perseverance...  all the words we really don't want to hear.  That's what quitting takes.  Well, the lasting kind, anyway.   We want it to be easy.  We want to take a pill and awaken the next day craving free.  Doesn't happen.  YOU have to do the work necessary to achieve the success you want.  YOU have to make and take the time.  YOU have to learn and apply that learning and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way.  Are you willing?  It's an incredibly empowering journey.  You'll learn things about  yourself you never knew  And they are positively THRILLING! 

No, it's not an easy ride.  Smoking has consumed your days and twilights.  For YEARS.  It has consumed most of your being  in more ways than than you have even considered.  But you'll discover all that if you stick around and, well - just read.   In order to overcome this addiction, you have to consume something else.   A different mindset.  Your brain, unfortunately was sabotaged without your knowledge.  But knowledge will give you the keys necessary to unlock the door to your Freedom.  It's YOUR choice. 

What will you choose?

This is a one-day-at-a-time journey.  Get through today and you will find it will aid your tomorrow.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next and adds strength and encouragement to those days which followl.

Those who have been a member of this group and have pledged daily, know the strength of this daily dose of commitment.  You do us all  honor every day.  Thank you.

I, Giulia,  pledge to remain smoke free this day as I have for the past 3,592 days.  Take my hand and don't be afraid.  It get's easier.  Really it does!  Rejoice!  Who will join me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
NewEnglander

Sharon, thanks for your hand.

They can't seem to make up their mind how much snow my area will get.  Got everything I needed yesterday.  .Time was that would include being sure I had enough cigs -NOT ANYMORE!!  I'm not smoking today and that's a promise.

My hand is out there for loike minded people.

Victoria 150 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

Thank you for your hand Victoria. And I pledge to not smoke today no matter what and extend my free hand to the next in line!!

Everyone think safe with all those snow storms and road conditions.

Don't go out in it.

Mag921DOF..

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Good afternoon, I'm reaching my hand out to you Mag and pledging not to smoke today no matter what and I am extending my free hand to whoever is next in line. 

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Here is some sun for the East Coast family to speen up that melting!

And so glad to see you my Friend Marilyn!    I'll take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today.........UH NO.....ain't gonna happen!

Who's next in line......Here's my hand......

Sharon 902 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Sharon, I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke this day,

The sun you sent to the East Coast is smiling hugely.  Holding out my free hand to whoever is next in line.

Victoria  151 DOF

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Happy Sunday Everyone! Resting, relaxing and not smoking today, I promise! Who will take my hand?

202  DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

That would be me Terrie

I gladly take your hand and promise to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mag at 922 Dof

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning.     Thanks Mag for your hand.......I will NOT smoke today.....there is nothing in this world that could push me to that......I'm too focused on getting to the Quad Squad......following you there too Mag!       So I will put my hand out (my goodness, look at those wrinkles.....must be my mom's hand!).      Come along next EXer and let's keep the strength of the EX going!

Sharon    903 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Thanks for your hand Sharon and I pledge to not smoke today no matter what and  I offer my free hand to the next in line!!

Yes we are going to the Quad Squad.!!

Mag923Days of Freedom

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I never realized Sharon and Mag are only 20 days apart! You go ladies! You are almost Quads! I have a 3 in my # too!  haha! only 700 days+ behind you, but I won't smoke! Who's coming to take my hand?

Terrie  203  DOF

0 Kudos