cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Two

JimTaddeo
0 0 56

Hi everyone.............I hope some of you get to see this before it is buried under adverts and other strange and distracting noises........ 🙂

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge

Here is the link to the NEW DAILY PLEDGE group, which is really not that new but there was a pledge group here before I quit (Started by The Man of Steel, Ray Steele, RIP, hence the need for a New Daily Pledge Group) and it helped me to focus each day on the changes I was making. It helped me and I think it can help some of you too.

Regardless of the crap that fly's across the screen here THE point of the EX is to quit smoking!

How to use the The New Daily Pledge:

1. Sign up for the group (EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE)

2. Come to the group each day and make your pledge in the DISCUSSION GROUP with your friends and family for the particular month, to remain smoke free for the next 24 hours (or 24 minutes, or 24 seconds, or whatever you need and do it as often as you like)

3. Honor your pledge and yourself by following through for just one day (or whatever timeframe you've pledged and DO NOT SMOKE FOR ANY REASON)

4. Repeat the above, minus the signing up part as that is a one time need :-), as necessary and bring your friends. Recovery is much more fun in groups!

I think I'll save this BLOG text and post it, as is, everyday for the nEXt year straight! If they can advertise then so can I....................Welcome to your FREEDOM!

I did it and I used the Daily Pledge to help. There are two pledge groups here at the EX but only one active (barely) and the other will probably not be maintained unless divine intervention comes along!  I run the New Daily Pledge Group. The above link, hell, the below link (same as the above as I put it here twice) will take you to the one I log into just about everyday.............................. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Freedom is a choice and the New Daily Pledge Group is a great place to help you make that choice everyday. It brings the question to mind and squarely places the responsibility right into your lap on a regular basis. It asks the question, "Will you smoke today?" I hope your answer is, "Thanks for the hand ____________ I pledge to stay smoke free for the next 24 hours and I offer my hand to the next EX in line." Then simply honor your pledge to yourself and your peers no matter what happens. Repeat until death from natural causes....................... 🙂

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge

Hint and please remember......use the Discussion for the month so we can keep everyone together and share in our recovery! I look forward to your success!

WELCOME TO FREEDOM..................IT IS A CHOICE (he screamed from the rooftop)

Tags (1)
About the Author
I spent the first forty two years of my life addicted to nicotine. Being born in the middle 1960's it was an extremely common and accepted part of and way of life. My mother smoked True Green's all of my life so I and everyone in the house smoked with her. I had a lot of breathing issues as a kid. I'm sure she smoked while she was pregnant. She died at forty two years of age. I bought my first pack of Marlboro's, Red's, over the counter the day she died, I was twelve. Bloody addiction and legal dope! I'm sure I wasted a huge chunk of change on them in my thirty year smoking career. I quit successfully thirty years later when I was forty two with the help of the EX and especially the support community. My counter is telling the truth and I'm a seriously grateful EX....smoker. I used to believe I would die a smoker, then I changed and now I KNOW I'm not a smoker. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff EVER....