Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Tuesday’s Promise: Accountability and Self Love

TerrieQuit
9 7 598

Tuesday’s Promise: Accountability
I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be. 

For a good group to get/ give strength and encouragement, please visit: Love Yourself Chapter 2  

Join the Daily Pledge

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1091-take-the-daily-pledge?sr=search&searchId=6cb4c73c-8...

7 Comments
Violet_Quit

Thanks Terrie, That came at good timing....

MarilynH

Yay for you TerrieQuit ,Freedom Rocks !

TerrieQuit

Yes, it does!

krad

I will love myself today....12 weeks smoke free. I feel powerful!!!  If I can do this, I have great hope for all of you!!!

MarilynH

Congratulations krad on your 12 glorious weeks of Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON, life really does get better and better without the crutch of cigarettes .....

Sissy-2karr

I'm going to do this !!! I have been quitting since I was 45 yrs old now I'm 57 . Cold turkey!!!  have done everything else , just done fffff smoking !!! Such a waste of time and money . Hope I van get some advice and encouragement here , Thanks and Peace & Blessings

MarilynH

Welcome to the community Sissy-2karr please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free and we're all here to help you in any way we can you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and start stacking up your precious Days of Freedom......

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)