Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

The Bonfire is now beginning

ShawnP
12 241 3,366

bonfire gif.gif

Welcome!! I have started the fire. We need you to keep this fire burning! The fire will continue til Sunday midnight wherever you may live. This is how to calculate your fuel for the fire. It is your number of days that you are smoke free  multiplied by how many that you used to smoke per day. If you need additional help, contact me. If you don't want to keep getting notifications from this post, click on actions above and uncheck following.

We usually have a standard goal of 1 million but we have exceeded this number by at least double. Let's see what we can do!!!

Feel free to post music, food, funny images. Note that we do have to watch copyright on images. Here is how to search images that aren't copyrighted. Google search, type  ie. food. Then click on images, to the right , click on tools, user rights and you can choose anything BUT not filtered by license. 

In case you don't know how to post videos or images, here are the tutorials.

How to Put Pictures in Posts of All Kinds (Discussions, Questions, Blogs)Pictures

Videos

For those of you who want to hear the bonfire

Tags (1)
241 Comments
Legend

E.L.O (Electric Light Orchestra) All Over The World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3i3vWgPyk&feature=youtu.be

MarilynH

whoo hoo, we're going to have a ginormous total of unsmoked yuckies I'll toss another 30 in tomorrow too, YAY for Freedom and YAY for this humongous bonfire, I'm heading off to La la land it's almost 11:30 here in the Maritimes ,good night everyone sleep well tonight and get lots and lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.....

ShawnP

Goodnight Marilyn. See you tomorrow.

Legend

Marilyn I hope you sleep well . 

pir8fan

Giulia

OK, now tossing in my unsmoked 12 year's worth of nasties.  133,873.  Wow.  How thankful I am that their residue isn't in my lungs.  

Those  oughtta fire up the ole bonfire!

Bonfire, St Combs, Aberdeenshire

ShawnP

Don't smoke, smoke that cigarette lol. Never heard this

Sootie

Giulia‌ must have arrived and thrown her cigarettes in......there was a sudden flare!

vanlil

Not sure if I had the correct Bonfire page.

LIllian (vanlil) has 20028 unsmoked cigarettes to throw into the fire.  Whoppee

Legend
Giulia

You definitely have the right bonfire page Lillian!  vanlil‌  Fire is really blazing now!

Giulia

This is for any 12 year old smokers out there....

Giulia

And this is for the new generation of adults!  At least, think they're considered adults in these times..

ShawnP

hahaha

Giulia

I'm enjoying myself, hope ya'll are too!

fun beach GIF by Cheezburger

happy fun GIF by interstellardesignz

beach entertainment GIF

Legend

This is it for me tonight I have to take some pain medicine and rest. See you all and I hope you all sleep well tonight. Hugs to everyone. 

Petula Clark Downtown. original version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx06XNfDvk0

pir8fan

pir8fan

Think I got it this time!!  Sootie

ShawnP

Thanks Christine. Hope you will feel better. Have a good night.

freeneasy

Thanks,  Shawn, finally made it ...had to gather up my 44,000 unsmoked cigs.

NewMe

Hi guys. I wish I had stopped in earlier while I still had some energy in me. It's Bedtime for Bonzo now though, and I'm too pooped to be creative. But I will toss in my 20057 cigs not smoked in the past 1002 days. That saved me $5,515.92, added 9 weeks 6days 15 hours and 25 min. to my life, and saved me a whole hell of a lot of anxieties like needing to leave my work area to smoke even though we're busy, driving down the highway when a burnin' chunk of fire lands in your lap, searching frantically for a light when the lighter runs out of fluid, burning a hole in your clothes, burning a hole in someone else's clothes, etc., etc., etc. Fun party!

Image result for dumptruck  Image result for bonfire party 

ShawnP

Glad u can make it

crazymama_Lori

hitting the hay here, but have to have one more tune

Down on the Boardwalk - The Drifters

ShawnP

Hey Jim thanks for stopping by. How are you feeling?

indingrl

Hello everyone....Indin grl here....only by Gods grace...January 6, 2018.....7 years...3 months...and 12 days as NON SMOKER in MY Lord Christ Jesus.....I am bringing to throw into the FIRE.....127,740 death sticks NOT sucked on and many many of Gods blessings to our family with money that was spent on living as a NON SMOKER...$36, 728.12!!!! Praising and thanking God for his tender mercies and love for ALL who are here and please remember..... Never Take Another Puff....Not One Puff Ever......Thank you  Shawn for bonfire party.....love love love y'all!

Mandolinrain

20,325 cigarettes I have not smoked and happily toss them in to fuel the fire.

I'm sorry I have been away. We have a houseful of company here until Tuesday, but I remembered to at least stop for this! Love you all! We are amazing

ShawnP

Wow. That's alot there!! Fire is blazing again

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

ShawnP

Pop in whenever you can  ty for making it.

Giulia

Great party so far and it's continuing tomorrow!

Here's a little bonfire night music to soothe you to sleep as the bonfire continues on throughout the night.  Thanks for the party Shawn.  Looking forward to tomorrow and more of it.

Jenn_06-03-14

Hello Friends!!! I haven't been in here for such a LONG time!!! I'm throwing 28,920 into the fire!!! This June 3rd week be four years for me being smoke free!!! So good to see everyone!!! Congratulations to everyone!!! Thank you for the invite Shawn!!!  

ShawnP

Its great to see Jenn. Stop by more often. Alot of new people on site these days.

ShawnP

Last total for the night so far is

1,438,632!!

keep it coming!

Cricket

Ick!!

Cricket

I Have now stopped smoking for 3 months, 1 week, 15 hours, 4 minutes, 57 seconds. That translates into 3,452 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $949.30! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 1 week, 4 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes, 58 seconds

Here is my contribution!!

ShawnP

Look at all those cigarettes there have saved your lungs!!!  Way to go!!

ShawnP

It's midnight here and i was up early to watch that wedding. I am beat. See you all tomorrow. Have a goodnight!

kristen-9-7-15

Had a great time at the Sox game. They even won! It’s about time! I am throwing in 39,414 sickorettes. 

Don't Stop Believin' - YouTube 

Barbscloud

Tossing my 2040 smokes into the bonfire.  Can't believe I would have smoked that many cigarettes in 68 days.  This is a great way to celebrate my quit.  Thanks for the party ShawnP     I'm here for breakfast!

Bree19

Morning all!

While you are all waking up "over there" I thought I'd keep the bonfire going with  my 11,171 unsmoked cigs.

It's still such a kick to remember I'm an EX!

Hugs to you all

Bree

meWisconsin

Please add my 40328 unsmoked cigarettes to the fire.

Terry

IrishRose

That's my Pirate Man!!!!

(((hug)))

MarilynH

Wishing everyone a a hasslefree Stressfree but most importantly a Smokefree Day, I'm tossing another 30 unsmoked yuckies into the bonfire this morning, I'm going to go grab another coffee I'll see you all later on.....

IrishRose

Well, it took me long enough to get here.  Got lost and could not find the bonfire.  Good grief!!!

Carrying around these 58,020 coffin nails to toss into the fire got a little bit heavy. 

Irish Rose

smorgy8513

It has been 1749 days since I smoked!!!    Can you believe it/?????

That means I'm throwing in 34,980 of those nasty old things.........

Look at that burn!    

pastedImage_1.jpg

crazymama_Lori

good morning..... I'll toss in another 40 cigarettes I would have been puffing on today......

865f244ea23fd8655e5116c993361ce8.gif

JACKIE1-25-15

I put in 10 more

dwwms

Keeping the fire going, I'll add 6,375 cigarettes that the tobacco companies were not able to have me smoke! I see we're stacking them up quickly this Bonfire!!

Doug

ShawnP

Good morning! i am finally caught up here. Been busy recording these fabulous numbers!! I will give you another total this afternoon. Be right back, Will get you some breakfast.

Pops

Good morning ShawnP‌!  I can add another 40 to the cause for another day won....

Pops w/31 days and 1274 smokes not smoked!

ShawnP

Let's see here. I've got bacon

Open-Flame-Bacon-Cooking-Essentials.png

Some coffee or tea, whichever you want it to be lol

Nuotiokahvi,_campfire_coffee.jpg

Hashbrowns

98079b4d6082a7f4dd329610177664fa.jpg

boiling-water-pack-3028223_960_720.jpg

Hmmm i think these are biscuits. Well i hope so they came from taiwan.

Scrambled eggs and sausage

Skillet-camping-breakfast-recipe-eggs-sausage.jpg

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later