Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

The Bonfire is now beginning

ShawnP
12 241 3,363

bonfire gif.gif

Welcome!! I have started the fire. We need you to keep this fire burning! The fire will continue til Sunday midnight wherever you may live. This is how to calculate your fuel for the fire. It is your number of days that you are smoke free  multiplied by how many that you used to smoke per day. If you need additional help, contact me. If you don't want to keep getting notifications from this post, click on actions above and uncheck following.

We usually have a standard goal of 1 million but we have exceeded this number by at least double. Let's see what we can do!!!

Feel free to post music, food, funny images. Note that we do have to watch copyright on images. Here is how to search images that aren't copyrighted. Google search, type  ie. food. Then click on images, to the right , click on tools, user rights and you can choose anything BUT not filtered by license. 

In case you don't know how to post videos or images, here are the tutorials.

How to Put Pictures in Posts of All Kinds (Discussions, Questions, Blogs)Pictures

Videos

For those of you who want to hear the bonfire

Tags (1)
241 Comments
KTQeeyore

I will gladly toss my 25,300 cigarettes onto the fire! Stand back everybody!   

ShawnP

Untitled.png

ShawnP

Wow, what a way to start the night.!!!

crazymama_Lori

I'll toss in my 33,823 smokes.

bom,bom,bom

ShawnP

Here is some food to get you started! These guys have been busy grilling.

argentine-barbeque-2753040_960_720.jpg

170801-F-BZ793-002.JPG

ShawnP

My food isn't going in the right place or could it be my wine? LOL

1464187475-delish-grilled-corn.jpg

16051168875_0bc3c411cb_z.jpg

bbq-buffet-456013_960_720.jpg

ShawnP

Thank you Lori for the music. Keep going

JonesCarpeDiem

4155 Days Since My Last Smoke

83,500 not smoked

$21,000 saved

(I have to use a days between calendar because I don't keep track.)

Life is beautiful.jpg

Jennifer-Quit

Here is my 29,595 to get the fire going!  Be back with some music shortly!

MarilynH

Thank you Shawn for setting up this awesome bonfire, I'll very happily throw in my 42,150 disgusting unsmoked yuckies from my 1405 days of not sucking on 30 smokes daily yay for Smokefree living and YAY for this bonfire and YAY for each of us here, I brought a vegetable tray to share with all of the scrumptious looking food already here. 

f47b63cacd0f57e4a8bdff9f5c0c6458.jpg

Jennifer-Quit

Giulia

Quickly jumping in with some nosh.  Back later with more....

pastedImage_1.jpg                 Image result for hors d'oeuvres

pastedImage_2.jpg                          Image result for hors d'oeuvres

And some....

Image result for beer pictures

pastedImage_3.jpg

ShawnP

ChangoGrande

I'm tossing in 3656, plus another 10 to follow tomorrow!

Eric

missellen

here are my 860 cigarettes!

Pops

Thanks for starting the bonfire @ShawnP!  I will donate 1,234 smokes that I have not smoked for the last month!  Woo Hoo!

Pops 

Jennifer-Quit

MarilynH

A super duper Congratulations on your stupendous 1year milestone, yay and yay again for Smokefree living. 

tjanddj

I have 14,304 unsmoked cigarettes to toss in! Yummy, loving all the veggies!

nopehat.jpg

ShawnP

Anybody want some with me? Giulia‌, think i will need a pickup later lol

bauturi_carbogazoase.jpgdownload (1).jpg

pir8fan‌ didn't forget you. Extra salt , dont tell Sandy

494b40438e2882fa7cff4a0f24f47da8.jpg

TW517

This is great!  And I just grilled some sausages to get in the mood. Tossing in my 5,535 smokes:

pastedImage_1.png

JACKIE1-25-15

Hello Countess,

You are going to have a lot of counting ahead of you.  The food looks Exceptional.  I have been waiting all day for this bonfire.  Whoo Hoo.  I am here with 12,103 Stinking Sickerettes to toss in 

I brought along some sweet treats

pir8fan

Good Evening all! I am here with a large load of unsmoked nasty stinking cigarettes! I am going to relax with a nice Frozen Margarita with EXtra salt (Don't tell Sandy), and let the fire stoke up a little! I do not want my load to smother it!

Now, where is that Margarita Bar?PIRATEM 2013_2.JPG

JACKIE1-25-15

Looks like a party going on. 

ShawnP

I love the nickname

ShawnP

Hey Pir8fan , look above. You will find your drink

ShawnP

Ex_Nancy  Left me her nasties to throw in. she has 51,000!!

RachelMB

Hi fabulous Ex-family-:)

I'm tossing in 11,570 nasty sticks to the fire! You're doing such a great job Shawn!

Rachel

ShawnP

savedbygrace2

I am so excited to be here and throw in my 34,240 cigarettes! CELEBRATE!! CELEBRATE CELEBRATE!!!   

ShawnP

Bonnie11.3.2009 Isn't able to make it tonight but left me 93,510 To toss in for her.

Sootie

I am here to roast marshmallows............................

And to throw in my 93,210 un-smoked cigarettes!!!!!

ShawnP

Here Tommy, here is the right one. Thanks for letting me know

crazymama_Lori

johnnyRingo5

Thanks for putting this bonfire together, Shawn.  You are doing a great job.

I will gladly throw my 19,200 unsmoked cigarettes into the fire.  Yikes, that's a lot. 

Barb102

This is great!  I’m new so I have 121 DOF and I am so happy to toss in 2,420. It will keep growing

Barb

ShawnP

Sootie‌, this one is for you. I remembered.

ShawnP

Thank you and thanks for coming. Enjoy yourself.

Barb102

Where did you get this? It would be really helpful to me

Barb

MarcieWhosoever

Omgosh yummmmmmy

TW517

It is a cell phone app called Smoke Free.  Most of the people I know who have it only use the free version.  I think you are far enough past those crazy first few weeks of craves, that the free version would be fine for you too.  Enjoy!

bacardigirl

Tossing in 11,916 - that should keep the party going for a while!

Strudel

Thanks Shawn! I am coming up on 8 years quit and today I am throwing in 57,977 unsmoked cigarettes!! @

MarcieWhosoever

Hey everyone. Its been a while since Ive been here. I owe so much to you guys on this site for helping me quite smoking and stay quit for over 2500 days!! (Just over 7 years)  I'm throwing my 78,060 unsmoked  cigarettes in the fire tonight. Thank God for that! Have a great night and remember NOPE! 

Not One Hit Since the day I Quit

~Marcie

ChangoGrande

Woo-hoo!

ShawnP

Soooo good to see you!! Thanks for coming

shashort

Hey all! Party looks fabulous! I have been smoke free 2 years 19 hours and 43 min which means I am dumping 18,421 nasty smokes into the fire and I have saved 7,087.12. Here is a start will bring more in a bit.

pastedImage_1.jpg              pastedImage_2.jpg

pastedImage_3.jpg                   

Yum Yum!

pastedImage_4.jpg

ShawnP

Sootie

ShawnP‌  Thanks.......got to LOVE Janis!!!!!!!!!

ShawnP

and peanut butter too!! YUMMMMM

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later