cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.1K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
Giulia

Thanks Thomas.  Rest easy.

Here ya go, Doug - one for each of our unsmokies.  Eat 'em all!

Giulia

Moon will be up soon....

Tom Waits - Drunk on the Moon

Giulia

And for the guys, a little belly dance for you..... this oughtta keep a craving away for a while. Well - a SMOKING craving anyway!  Ha!

Santana ~ Black Magic Woman

bonniebee

I love Santana always been one of my favorite rock groups !

kristen-9-7-15

I've been sleeping most of the day. Have not been feeling good. But sick or not, I still would have smoked about 30 today. Burn em up G!

MarilynH

Get lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzzz's tonight elvan and Thomas3.20.2010 and I'm hoping to get lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzzz's myself, thanks for an absolutely wonderful hostess with the mostest Giulia, thank you to everyone who took part in making this wk end bon fire a total success, I can't wait to hear the total number of unsmoked sickerettes that were tossed into the fire! 

Giulia

I will Kristen.  Thanks.  Feel better!

I always loved Santana too, Marilyn.

Magstoyou

Throwing in 20 more yucky unsmoked cigs for today. I do not miss them at all.

Mags

Giulia

Thanks Mags!  Fire's brighter because of you!

YoungAtHeart

I've got 20 more to add (I'm guessing I won't smoke any later this evening!)

Burn, baby, burn!

(thank you, Giulia, for taking this on!

Giulia

Got 'em, Nancy.  And every little bit makes the fire hotter!  (I had NO IDEA how much involvement a good bonfire hostessing takes.  Giving much credit to all those fire starters a'fore me!  Especially ShawnP‌ who hosted brilliantly many a time!)  

ShawnP

I should add it is alot of fun to do. We only do it a few times a year. Not so bad. Hehe. You've done a great job, G and thank you so much for hosting. Sorry that I could only pop in and out. It's been a busy weekend.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Giulia

ShawnP‌ I am more grateful for you and your support dedication on here than you can ever know.  You've not only done the bonfires but the Freedom Train every single week for... how many years?   Those who have gone above and beyond (and there are MANY on this site) deserve many kudos.

And YES - it IS fun to host a bonfire!  So let's hope there will be more volunteers!

ShawnP

Let's see, 4th of July(independence) bonfire should be the next one. Any volunteers?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

dwwms

I kind of like being behind the scenes counting the numbers!  Hosting looks like too much work - Thanks, Giulia!!

Getting ready to retire for the evening, my belly is full from all those hershey's kisses   and tomorrow is Monday! Here's my latest take before on all those un-bought, unsmoked, unable to cause harm, sickerettes - 2,081,325!!

ccrider

adding my 2055 not smoked to the pile

Giulia

You found the playground all right ccrider  thanks for those additional 2,055!  Great new fuel for our fire..

freeneasy

Those pics could be from a 2nd rate B film alien horror flick (:

freeneasy

I forgot to wish Mikecity a happy birthday.  I think I underguesstimated the amount of Cigs I smoked by at least 1 a day so here are 1576 more to add to the flames + the 22 I would have for today for a total of 1598 more sickerettes to toast.  

Giulia

freeneasy‌  They're actually electron microscope pictures of like fruit fly larvae or some such.  Can't remember now where I saw them.  But I've no doubt that some of the best sci fi flicks got their concepts of alien images from just that kind of biological photo material.  Bugs and viruses  close up are enough to create horror stories when examined closely!  Like Alien.  After all, as a very early example, look at the original The Fly!  The Fly 1958 full movie - Video Dailymotion 

Uh, so now I have NO IDEA what your total cigarette count is.  You initially said 33,000, then you added 21, now you're adding another 1576?   Plus another 22?  Just shoot me.  OK.  So I guess 33,000 plus 15989 equals a Jim total of 34,589 in all?  Is that correct?  For TODAY anyway?!!!  (dwwms‌ you paying attention Doug?)  Don't make it easy on a poor bonfire hostess!  Next time YOU host the bonfire.  That's your penalty for underestimating! Then you'll understand.   lol  You're gonna pay for this!  Somehow, I'm gonna get you!  May have to find that  whitey tight blackmail snap shot!  I know it's out there somewhere!  

freeneasy

I never kept track of how many I smoked a day but I think it was a bit more than a pack so instead of 21 I'm going with 22 which still may even be a bit under.the actual amount so I'm going with 34,672.     1567x22

freeneasy

My apologies to the hostess with the mostess   

Wantingacig57

Hallelujah !!! Congrats to All Of You Successful NON-SMOKERS !! Weeeeeee

Giulia

As the fire starts to dwindle down I wanted to throw in a little comedy.  Watch Johnny as he desperately sneaks a cigarette puff.  Couldn't even get through the taping of a one hour show with the funniest man on earth without his fix .

shashort

Good morning to everyone.  Hi Giulia I am throwing in another 25 for today as I think its safe I won't smoke today. Haha @Giulia I am sure his tightie whities are out there somewhere. @ShawnP  has picture lmao love the whitey tighties Jim. Makes me laugh everytime. Oh by the way Giulia I can't get the video to work.

MarilynH

I'll toss another 30 smokes in for the day before the fire dwindles too low! 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow 427 comments is pretty impressive! Can't wait to see the numbers from this bonfire.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

MarilynH

I can't wait to hear the numbers too Mark ,wowser that is alot of comments!

Giulia

IMG_7609.JPG

Bonfire's now ending.  Doug dwwms is working up the final calculations (as he's MUCH BETTER at it than I.)  Stay tuned! 

Jennifer-Quit

Giulia

Jennifer-Quit   Yup!!!  lol

JonesCarpeDiem

You wrote it all out? You couldn't do this in your head for three days running?

dwwms

Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14 - I thought maybe that was me scratching my head trying to work out the final calculations - if ONLY I had that much hair!!! 

Giulia

And here it is hot off the math presses of DOUG!!! (Couldn't have done it without you!)   dwwms‌  Thanks to ALL who participated.  That's a lot of unsmoked cigarettes, a lot of money back in our pockets, but most importantly a lot of life saved.  

Three cheers to all!

JonesCarpeDiem

You must be pretty good on that Abacus Doug!

Thanks.

Thanks Giulia. Next time try doing it in your head, but don't pop anything.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

And here it is hot off the math presses of DOUG!!! (Couldn't have done it without you!)   dwwms  Thanks to ALL who participated.  That's a lot of unsmoked cigarettes, a lot of money back in our pockets, but most importantly a lot of life saved.  

Three cheers to all!

Wow that is a great #bonfire_final_count

Mark
EX Community Manager

YoungAtHeart

I looked, to no avail, for the number from the last bonfire...just curious.  Perhaps @ShawnP might have it?

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

A bit lower than last time.  You can always see the final count by going to Final Count Tag  to find the last bonfire.

Mark
EX Community Manager

MarilynH

Hip, hip, hooray, hip, hip, hooray and one more time, hip, hip, hooray! Thanks for the awesome Tallie Doug, thanks @Giulia, thank you dwwms and anyone and everyone else that helped make this awesome bon fire the success it was! Wowser for number of smokes that didn't get into anyone's lungs, whew on that! 

MarilynH

I'll try the @ mention for Giulia again because I want to make sure that you know that I had a great time at the bonfire.

Giulia

MarilynH  So glad you had a good time.  Me too!  YoungAtHeart  Pity our final total did break the last record (2,502,246), but a lot of  Elders and others I sent invites to didn't respond as they have in the past.  Perhaps because they've turned their notifications off?  I don't know.  A lot of members haven't participated on the new Jive platform as much as on Elgg.  But more members are joining every day.  So who knows what the next bonfire count will be!!!

Jennifer-Quit

Very successful and lots of fun!  Thanks to  Giulia‌ and  dwwms‌ for all the hard work!  

shashort

WOW WEEEEEEEE!!  That's alot of unsmoked cigarettes.Thank you Giulia‌ and @dwwms  for all your hard work and  had the bonfire as a lot of fun.

bonnie.s

My first, Yay!!!!  I'm tossing in 1,869 nasty sticks and enjoying my $655 in savings so far. 

Florflor

Thanks Giulia for that first experience attending bonfire. I really enjoyed it and will wait for the coming up next.

Lauralives

I know I'm late, but I want to burn these cigs!!  930 added to this bonfire!!  I was out of town and not online but I protected my quit and had you all in my heart.  Thanks for the support!!!  Laura

Giulia

Thanks Bonnie and Laura for tossing in your additional cigs.  That's an additional 2,7999 to add to the total, making our new total 2,105,833!

Wantingacig57

INCREDIBLE !!! GLORY TO GOD !!!

vanlil

WOW  - glad I didn't miss the Bonfire...........I really was looking forward to it.

319 days of not smoking

$2,392.50 saved

9570 cigarettes not smoked

Lillian   

Giulia

With this final addition of 9,570 by vanlil‌  I am disabling comments.  The final FINAL total is.

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!