cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.1K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
exbeantown

I am tossing in my 31,680 sticks that I have not puffed away. Let em burn,damn it stinks downwind of this fire. Yuck!

I don't come by here enough. It is great to see this community as strong as ever and looking pretty good. I am a month shy of my 3 year quit. Everyday I give thanks I became an EX.

Rock on!! Or in my case, time to go play 18.

dwwms

I'm happy to be your backup keeping count Giulia‌. Going through the blog now with a spreadsheet.

Doug

c2q

LOL - or is it, everything in moderation except moderation?

RachelMB

Good morning my fabulous Ex-family-

I am throwing in 3,893 cancer sticks!  Woo hoo!  Thanks Giulia‌ for doing this!

Rachel

c2q

re:

Anybody want to dance with me???

I see a blank grey area. When I click on it, I get a debug screen, and then the video appears.

Maybe that will work for someone else too.

I'll dance with you any time!

bonniebee

Hey

dwwms

I get the same blank grey area - funny thing, though, sometimes I get the video, other times the blank grey and as you said a debug screen and then the video - other times, nothing!

Got your dancing bunny though!!

I guess this being the first bonfire on this platform, hopefully, a lot will be learned to prepare for the next. (I wasn't around for previous bonfires on the old platform).

bonniebee

Good morning Giulia and all of my Ex'er's !!! I am sorry I forgot all about the bonfire last night ! thankfully it is still going on ! Looks like everyone is having a great time and the blaze is high !!!! Time to throw in my sickerttes ,got that one from Thomas , and the yakies ,got that one from our Marilyn !!! I have 811 days today and I get to throw in 20,275 of them !!! Can you imagine how many puffs that would have been ? Here they go burn baby burn !

Yay and a Wooooooo Hooooooooooooo for us all !!!Congratulations-2115186547.gifOne and All let us keep on rocking our quits !!!sayings rock your quit 3.gif

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

c2q wrote:

LOL - or is it, everything in moderation except moderation?

I'm doing the best I can. Sometimes it is within seconds of posting.  

Mark

MarilynH

I'll dance with you Patti, whoo hoo let's do the Happy Dance ,yay for smoke free living,  c2q

bonniebee

Karen's delicious coffee cake !.JPG

Here is a homemade coffee cake made by my friend Karen for this occasion !food fruit.JPG

bonniebee

Hey I will join in on the dancing Marilyn and Pati !!!sayings rock your quit.png

bonniebee

Hi Marilyn I just threw my yakies in !!!! 20,275 of them !!!

bonniebee

WoW mike that is a lot of "yakies " !!!!!

Jennifer-Quit

Very nice party - I'll share some of my campfire breakfast!

Mortalzeus

Love this party I am throwing in my 4750 in to keep the fire going and roasting some marshmallows to add to my coffee ice cream. 

marshmallow.jpg

coffeeicecream.jpg

Thanks Giulia for hosting the "Spring Fling"

Darren

MarilynH

Yay bonniebee I love bon fires  and it's even more enjoyable throwing in all of those yakies in the flames, life is grand without a cigarette in hand especially since the bonfire is pretty much burning through the thousands and thousands of Cancer sticks keeping the flames flying high, yay isn't this great? 

JustSharon

I can throw in another 26 sickarettes since yesterday's count!  Wow, looks like the party was wild all night.

OldBones-Larry

I'm not feeling very well today because of all the medications right now. I'm still throwing in my fuel for the fire though.

Larry - Free and Healing for Three Years, Six Months, Seven Days, 11 Hours and 19 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 178 Days and 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 51419 nicotine delivery devices.

Keep the fire burning hot my dear friends ....

Larry the Caravan Master

Jennifer-Quit

Nice to see you Larry.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Giulia

Hello and Gooooooooooo Morning (almost afternoon) gang.  Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Larry.  Thanks for coming to the party anyway and throwing in your unsmokies.  And thanks for all of you who got the embers re-kindled this morning.  I too am seeing the blank screen and when I click on it it says video thumb decoedge and looks like....  

videothumb.PNG

But never mind that.  Let's put up images that we know for sure will work!

Giulia

Mortalzeus‌  Ah how I wish I had come up with Spring Fling as a title for this bonfire.  Good one!  Marshmallows and ice cream.  Yummmm, great breakfast!

Jennifer-Quit

And Happy Birthday to Pops aka Ken!

Pops

Giulia

Thanks for sharing the cake and fruit Bonnie!  Good eggs Jennifer!

Dancing along with everybody.....

Giulia

Thanks Doug dwwms‌ I'll take you up on that offer!  There are a few who threw in their cigs on the invite page, so be sure to add them in too.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/events/1023-spring-bonfire 

freeneasy

I'm still getting the video blank too. I tried it last late last night and got the video icon though. Good to see the Caravan Master. I hope he starts feeling better. I just drank 8 cups of coffee but want some more after seeing Jennifer's Campfire coffee.    

JustSharon

That's how I feel

Giulia

EIGHT CUPS OF COFEEEEE?  We're going to have to call you Jitterbug Jim!

dwwms

Ok Giulia,  I added FlorFlor and ryan44 off the sign up page, checked the other reminders trying to make sure I didn't miss any and right now, I have a total of 1,532,613!! Let me know if I missed anyone and a BIG THANKS Giulia for hosting this spring bonfire - glad I can help out. Gotta go do some yard work but I'll catch up again this evening! Enjoy the fire Everyone!

Giulia

Well we're already in trouble Doug, 'cause I come up with1,566,623.  This is gonna be fun to figure out!  lol

Florflor

Thanks Julia for guiding me in my first bonfire adventure. I started  yesterday but I was in other place.  Now I  finished my lunch and be ready to take a nap with my dog too.

hamaca en la playa.jpg                            perro tomando sol.jpg

ShawnP

write down the names and numbers. There will be some that will come again and again to drop in a few more.

ShawnP

Would anybody like to have some with me?

Daniela2016

Daniela2016

Good morning (still 10:00 am for me) ShawnP‌, you won't mind if I bring some of my own, of course every one is invited!

JonesCarpeDiem

consider it gone done. 🙂

freeneasy

Giulia

dwwms‌  Ok Doug, I've now made my first Excel spread sheet.  Very exciting!   And I have written every name and every number and used the SUM feature.  And it comes up with the name number I did when I added it all by my lonesome.  So THERE!  lol

ShawnP‌  Yes, I realize people will keep dropping in with more.  I'm accout'n on that!   Thanks.

New friends joining the party....

Giulia

Daniela2016‌  Better make sure that meat is cooked before we eat it!  

ShawnP‌  I know you brought that bacon just to entice Tommy!

freeneasy‌  Where would we be without cackulators....

Giulia

Last comment was moderated.  Let' try this!

Florflor

Yes,  Yummy!! Very delicious.  Thank you! I got some drinks too.

Florflor

Nap is over. Now is time to have some fun. Join with me

ejercicios en la playa.jpg

Giulia

And for a little entertainment....

Giulia

I'll join you florflor!  

Giulia

MePlus3

I'm adding in 20 more for today 🙂

Giulia

And for an aerobic workout....

Giulia

Thanks Kimberly, I'll throw them in!

Giulia

Ride 'em alligatorgirl!

Giulia

The Chordettes - Mr Sandman (Live 1958)

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!