cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.1K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
Legend

The Beach Boys - Kokomo (Live in Vancouver, BC @ PNE Summer Night Concerts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8W1wPzcRQ

Legend

Gary Wright: Dream Weaver, Album/Studio Version HQ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DmAh0dObI

Legend

Good night everyone I hope you have a nice night.  

lisa11209

Hey there, happy Friday everyone!

I am grateful to toss in 52,469 unsmoked cigs!

Lisa quit 8.20.2011

ShawnP

Good evening! well maybe its later than that. Just got off of work a little while ago. Catching up on the reading here. I am throwing in 37,360 nasties into the fire!!!! ps i see a video icon on mine

ShawnP

Love the calendar boys! It's been a hot day haha

Giulia

ShawnP‌  Well you may have the video icon showing, but your video came up as a big blank on my computer.  Hope "they" can figure out why some us have the icon and some don't.  Buggering little thang, ain't it!   This has been edited.  Before I posted I saw no video there, only a big blank screen.  After I posted I saw the video.  Who knows...

.  pastedImage_1.png

ShawnP

yeah thats odd. i found my way back here. Its not easy getting to this fire and to the end of the comments. I saw my video originially but when i came back, all i see is blanks too. i am better off staying on this page and refreshing lol

MePlus3

I saw the blank screen too maybe it was still loading idk

ShawnP

yessss you're right. Now i see it again.

ShawnP

Anybody want to dance with me???

shashort

All the videos looks blank on my end. Even the ones I already listened to worked is blank now. I still have the video icon though.

shashort

Well never mind now I see Shawns lol

jazzy3

1113 days since I quit. Hooray and Congratulations to everyone here !!!!!

pir8fan

NOT sure if I am in the right place! Does anyone know where a guy can get a frozen margarita with EXtra salt (don't tell Sandy)??

ShawnP

I missed you, Legend  I  heard chicago on the xm on way to work and thought of you. I figured you would be here with one of their songs.  Have a good night.

ShawnP

hahaha shashort‌ there is a ghost here.

ShawnP

well i am being moderated for a comment. Too funny.

Giulia

pir8fan‌  Does anybody know.... I was waitin' on ya to start pouring the margaritas!  

Enough salt aroun the rim for you Tommy?

MePlus3

Yes you're in the right place! And you could get that margarita in exchange for your unsmoked sickers! Make this fire bigger!!

MePlus3

I'm down for a dance but no moonlight lambada lol 

MePlus3

There blank on my end too but it's no biggie I'm still having a blast!

ShawnP

hahaha i had to look that one up.

MePlus3

Lambada is the "forbidden dance" my mom had a vcr tape on how to do it and the history of it and blah blah I was way too young to know about that!

ShawnP

yes lol. i read it under the urban description.......The forbidden dance-an extremely sexy dance, legend says that doing this dance can get a girl pregnant. oh my.....well there is no way i can get pregnant and i am too old for that now. hahaha

MePlus3

I never knew why it was forbidden wow when I watched the video as a child I could see how that's possible sort of. It remind me of a sexual salsa dance in a sense. The rebel in me always wanted to try it but now that I know why it's forbidden I changed my mind 3 is more than enough! Lol

pir8fan

Having a hell of a time trying to do anything here!

Please throw in these 106,960 unsmoked KOOL MILDS!

Jennifer-Quit

freeneasy

Hi Tommy, Nice to see you (:

Daniela2016

There you go, freeneasy‌!

pir8fan

Thanks for the Margarita G! It was the perfect amount of salt!

Daniela2016

I got the "Ring of fire" but it's being "moderated", probably too much fire, risky business

pir8fan

Hey Jim! Good to see you too! VA Beach soon!!

ShawnP

Daniela2016‌, i am beginning to think certain words do that. I mentioned ghost 

MePlus3

I think these are the hours of spammers so everything's being moderated! 

ShawnP

I'm heading to bed. It's been a long day. Have a good night!

Daniela2016

Thanks ShawnP‌, a couple of days I responded in French, to Giulia's reference to a French photographer, of course it was moderated, but eventually approved, I was just admiring his amazing work!

But now with the "Ring of fire" to a Bonfire event?  Hopefully it'll pass and we can listen to it!

pastedImage_1.png
MePlus3

Bacon better not be moderated lol goodnight I'm hitting the hay and will be back tomorrow 🙂 sleep tight yall!

Giulia

Just an FYI for all of you (Legend JonesCarpeDiem freeneasy   who can't seem to find the video button on here - I've been told by Mark that  "only  those who can create content in the Celebrations and Events can include images."  Obviously Mark didn't mean images because we ALL seem to be able to post pictures but not videos.  If that's the case, then I would suggest all future bonfires be held in our own blog content and not placed in the Celebrations and Events area of the site.  Confusion and restrictions don't help quitters stay quit.  A party is supposed to be fun and easy to participate in.   So let's find the easiest place in which to participate where ALL can post all content available within the site, (images AND videos)  say I.  

pir8fan

Amen!

Giulia

And PS - I got three bonfire moderation notifications - so don't feel like it's only YOU.  Let's hope.... let's just hope what we hope..

Thank you all for participating today.  Heading to bed.  See whomever drops by manana!

We're way over a million usmoked as of 12:25 PM Eastern time on Day One of this Bonfire.

Current total:  1,337633

linda258

Ok ... I tried to "linc " .... here are my 50,000 unsmoked cigs... do with them as you may.  

Burn baby burn!

Giulia

Burn baby burn is right!  Thanks for that huge 50,000 load Linda linda258  .  Adding them in!  Fire's getting bigger, yes indeedy!

Giulia

Got 'em Tommy pir8fan

kristen-9-7-15

Hi friends! Just got back from a great party. Danced the night away! I'm throwing in 23,975 unsmoked cigarettes. I have been smoke free for 1 year, 7 months, 21 days, 9 hours, and 31 minutes. 

meWisconsin

Throw my 28,740 cigarettes on the fire please.

Terry

Thomas3.20.2010
Jenn_06-03-14

Hello!!! Good to see everyone!!! It will be three years for me being smoke free on June 3rd of this year!!! Yay!!! I am throwing 21,200 cancer sticks in the fire   !!! Burn um' up!!!

c2q

This one's for you, Giulia‌, Keeper of the Flame

c2q

Opps. Last post in moderation. Let's try this one. good morning, Bonfire!

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!