cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.2K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
Giulia

The ever popular answer - HAVE YOU CLEARED YOUR CACHE???

Giulia

Thanks Cats!!!!

Strudel

Thanks Giulia! Quite the fire already! Congrats to us one and all! I am thrilled to be tossing in 50,240 cigarettes I haven't smoked! 

freeneasy

Hello, there anyone home?

Legend

Giulia Yes I am on the blog here and not in my inbox and I get nothing. 

Giulia

Great Strudel!  That brings our total to 713,505!!!

Giulia

All right, I'm heading out for a stroll, see you all later.  Keep the fires burning!

Legend

Giulia Yep I did as you just said and I get nothing like you get. That icon is missing even when I click on the 3 black dots.

Legend

Giulia Yes I cleaned my cache and I get nothing like you get. 

Legend

Giulia Yes I cleaned my cache and not working.

shashort

Great music so far. How about we are the Champions by Queen

shashort

Oh my gosh I actually posted a video Woohoo!

Giulia

Yay Shashort!  Teach Christine will you!  

Billy_8-3-2013

Thanks Giulia.  Great Bonfire.  I'll throw in 47,775 cigs.  I hope that warms things up.

JonesCarpeDiem

Good to see you Billy.

Giulia

Billy_8-3-2013   Billy!!!!!  That's almost 50 thousand in one fell swoop.  Sure does warm things up.  Thanks for participating!

dwwms

Tried to figure out the video thing - maybe I'll work at it later - for now, I'll throw in 555 cigarettes not smoked the last 37 days saving me $175.00!! - Doug

fire-flames.jpg

Giulia

Time for some dancing!

shashort

That fire should be really blazing now. Wow!

Mike.n.Atlanta

Wow what a crowd. Looks like you have the makings for a great party Giulia!

Can't stay long but want to add my 137,786 unsmoked cigarettes.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

Giulia

And more gooooooooooooo smoke-free vibrations...

molzep

Hi everyone! What a perfect night for a bonfire!  I'm throwing in 54,316 cigarettes from 7 and 1/2 years of no smoking!  I also brought some sangria that I mixed up earlier today. Newbies - you might want to have the virgin version this year. No worries though, it gets easier.

Anyone who remembers me well knows what song I'm bringing. My inspiration song.  4 Non Blondes What Is Up : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive 

This is the song you use to hear when you went to my page on the old version of the site.  One day early in my quit, I was headed to one of my trigger's house (in-laws  ) and I was feeling stressed, down and worried about my quit. This song came on and I sang it at the top of my lungs. I DIDN'T COUGH!!! So it became my inspiration song.  I hope all the newbies here find something to inspire you too.

Molly

11/20/2009

molzep

Hi - nice to see you! Pull up a chair and set for a while!

Giulia

Thanks Mike.n.Atlanta‌ for dropping that stupendous amount on our bonfire.  We're getting close to the one million mark and your batch and longevity and maintenance is what helps give power to the rest of us.  Currently at 956,096!!!!!

Yaya2.6.10

32,760 added from Florida

Giulia

Gotcha dwwms‌  Thanks for adding them in!

Molly!!!!  molzep   Thank you for your inspirational words and your steadfast quit!

Giulia

I got you Doug! Thanks!

molzep

Thank you for hosting. It's a great party.

Giulia

Got you too Yaya. Thanks for throwing those 32,760 nasties in.  Something funkys going on with what I'm seeing and what I'm posting and ... so forgive me ALL if I'm not responding as I should.  This IS my bonfire initiation after all, and too, we're on a new platform - so who know what's where....

Anybody who reads this way down in the blog and wants to be my "second" for counting purposes, please - let me know. I could use some help with that.

bacardigirl

Adding my 4100+ unsmoked cancer sticks! Good riddance!

JonesCarpeDiem

YAY!

bonnie-12-28-14

I want to add my 15,336 to the pile.   Wow that's a lot!!

Legend

Mark‌ 

Mark I can’t get the video icon on a blog still. This is what I get when I click on the blog not my inbox. I even cleared my cache and rebooted my computer and I even got on internet explorer and it would not work. I can’t post a video like G does.

This is my computer information and I use google chrome and yes I updated the browser information. I did update my goggle chrome just now and it still does not work for me to get the video icon to show up on a blog. After I click on the 3 black dots I still don't get the video icon still. I am on the bonfire blog and not my inbox and I can't get what G is talking about. I saw Dale say he does not get the video icon either on this blog so I don't know what is up. Maybe it is just my computer. 

Here are some screen shots so you can see what I am seeing.

stmand92

Adding 8796 cigs to the fire...1096dof

freeneasy

I can't get the video Icon either

freeneasy

I get the same screen Christine gets 

Legend

freeneasy I am glad it is not just me I thought I was going crazy. 

Legend

The Youngbloods - Get Together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCiLxRCBf40

Legend
Legend
MePlus3

I'm getting that screen too maybe were just a special group of folks 🙂

Legend

MePlus3  LOL!!!

Legend

Petula Clark Downtown. original version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx06XNfDvk0

Legend
freeneasy

MePlus3

WE ARE! WE ALL ARE 🙂 

Legend

Dionne Warwick - That's What Friends Are For

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTpu6BmE88

Legend

The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA live 2012                    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDAt01CuqoM

tjanddj

Throwing in 9,672  smokes into the fire!

Legend

I'm posting two more songs then I am going to bed. 

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!