cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

SPRING BONFIRE HERE NOW!

Giulia
3 450 14.1K

Starting off this blaze with a little tinder from the forest floor....

Adding in my 122,288 un-smoked Stupid Sticks

WELCOME ALL QUITTERS!  

For those unfamiliar with our bonfire tradition... click on the following link:  About Bonfires and How to Participate (it's pretty simple, just figure out the number of cigarettes you usually smoke in and day and multiply it by the number of days you've been quit.)  Scroll down to just past the Doors video and click on add a comment.  Or scroll through page by page and see how the party is progressing!)

pastedImage_1.png

I want to thank Shawn and all the other Bonfire starters for leading the way.

Here are a few  hors d'oeuvres to whet your appetites...

https://www.cliseetiquette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/appetizers.jpg

And a few beverages!

Or perhaps you'd prefer something with more of a citrus tang....

Maybe wine????  We're serving Rose'

And..... white

And red!

Pull up a chair....

Or flop into a....

Or maybe you brought one of these....

And a little music to begin the party!!!

Sit back, enjoy your smoke-free beautiful selves!

450 Comments
Giulia

Related image

Legend

Hello everyone I have my diet coke and my chicken strips with me to munch on for the bonfire.  I wish I had bought some popcorn I forgot to get some.  

Here is some music I found.

The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA live 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDAt01CuqoM

JonesCarpeDiem

Hey Hey Hey

Ernie.php.gif

3769 x 20 = 75,380 to stoke the fire and save my health!

Giulia

HeyLegend   Where be your unsmoked cigarettes?

Legend

I am tossing in 62,034 cigarettes into the fire WHOOOOOSH that should get the fire going more.

Christine - Free and Healing for Eight Years, Five Months, Twenty Eight Days and 17 Hours, while extending my life expectancy 215 Days and 9 Hours, by avoiding the use of 62034 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $13,778.42.

Giulia

That'll sure add some fuel to the fire, JonesCarpeDiem

Image result for animated fire gifs

Giulia

Indeed it did Christine!  Thanks.

Related image

Legend

Wow!!!

Pops

All rightie then!!!! I get to be a pyro this evening....oh boy is this going to be fun, or what?

Thanks for starting that blaze Giulia‌!  Let me help you out here a little....I'd like to throw in my 13,560 Death wishes not smoked!  That should light up quite a blaze for awhile....I am using the money that I saved from not buying all of those...to pay for my Harley.  So far, I have saved $4,746!  Now there is some inspiration...and if that wasn't enough....I am now living beyond when my doctor thought that I would live as a "direct result" of not smoking!!!!

Pops with 339 days of freedom!!!!!

Giulia

Nice load of cigs, Pops!

Legend

Chicago - Feeling Stronger Every Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wHixgp2RE

elvan

I am tossing in 23,900 cigarettes that I would have smoked had I not quit 1195 days ago!  I have no idea how long that has extended my life.  I also have no idea how much it has saved me but I am a VERY HAPPY QUITTER!

Ellen

NewMe

Well,yikes! My numbers feel tiny in comparison to these two early arrivals to the bonfire. Almost made me feel like a newbie again to compare my numbers to you guys. I'm no slouch over here though. I am celebrating 616 days where I did not need to feed an addiction. I am tossing in my unsmoked nasties that come in at 12,334 cigarettes that I did NOT buy from the tobacco industry, which saved me $3,391.93. And so far, I have added 6 weeks, 9 hours and 50 minutes to my life. I'll be back later to enjoy some music and snacks.

Image result for margarita I hope Nancy won't mind if I indulge in just one. Newbies and really anyone with less than 6 months or more under your belt should definitely heed the advice to stay clear of alcohol for awhile. Not worth the risk.

Giulia

This little gal's bringin' a keg of the foamy stuff for all who like to partake.  Just watch yourself if you're new on your quit journey.  Better to stick with those non-alcoholic beverages for now.  Won't spoil the part none but refraining for a bit!

l

JustSharon

I'm tossing in 793 sickarettes

Giulia

Hey Sharon, NewMe, Elvan - nice additions.  We're currently up to 310,289!

JustSharon

WOW Ellen, that's a lot of fantastic!

JustSharon

That's a lot of money there POPs, planning a trip? As if I didn't know you were!

JustSharon

Thanks for hosting Guilia!

Giulia

Queen - Don't Stop me Now!!!

Legend

Thanks for the music G love it.

JustSharon

WOW that's a great start. I know there's a lot more out there. How bout some ROOT Beer for us newbies??

Legend

I am going to try and post a video like you did but I don't see how to do it yet . 

Giulia

Shia La Beouf - JUST DO IT!!

Jennifer-Quit

Here is my 21,875 that I can add!

And some Popcorn for Christine!

MePlus3

I'm tossing 240 unsmoked death sticks! 12 days× 20 a day! Whoo hoo this is strengthening my resolve! 

Legend
MarilynH

Yay I love bon fires but especially this one because I get to throw in 30,570 yuckies into the fire which sure makes me happy after smoking roughly 30 cigarettes a day for 40 yrs it's a great feeling to be heading towards being quit for 3 yrs the middle of July, I'm on Atlantic time here in Eastern NB and am a Happy Quitter,  thanks for throwing this awesome bon fire this wk end.

Giulia

You need to be on the actual blog page, so click on the title if you're viewing from your inbox  Then you will see the video arrow function  If not, click on the three dots and it will open a new screen with more functions.  Go to the video you want and copy the URL.  Then click on the arrow, select embed video and paste in the url.

pastedImage_1.png

Legend

Jennifer-Quit Thanks for the popcorn Jennifer love it. 

gregp136

bon4.jpg

I only have 1069 Cigarettes to throw in, but I am so happy to be able to do this.  It is such a relief not to have to inhale all of that crap!

Burn Baby Burn!

Greg

JustSharon

Fantastic, reminds me of every quit and requit and on and on. Love that, JUST DO IT!

MePlus3

Only have!!!??? Did you see that flame when you threw them in? Wow it's getting huge!

Legend

Well my video did not show up like I wanted it to show up.

JustSharon

Really Greg, Look at all those! Good for you!

Giulia

Every cigarette not smoked is one hard earned and one we are all proudf greg.  And over a thousand ain't such a shabby amount!

Giulia

Hangin' Tough - New Kids on the Block

Thomas3.20.2010

Here's my unsmoked stash!   25,967 Unsickerettes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Celebrate your FREEDOM!

It only took me 7 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week and 1 Day to collect these one Day at a Time!

Giulia

Charge on!

Giulia

Nice batch Thomas!!!  

Yess

Best defiance I ever heard - congrats Pops on beating the odds!

Giulia

Lonnie Donegan - Does Your Chewing Gum Lose it's Flavour?

Yess

Only 8 a day for 65 days but proud to throw in my 520! I love popcorn, thanks for bringing it Jennifer!

Giulia

So you copied the URL, then clicked on the right arrow icon, waited for it load, then scrolled down a bit to Select a Video Source.  Pasted in the URL. Then clicked on Embed a video.  Then Import Video, then scroll down and click on import video.

Legend

Chicago - (1973) "Saturday in the Park" & "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cab_XlnJZjc

MePlus3

Yay you did it!!

MrsP2

46,560 added to this fire    

Giulia

Hot dogs coming up!

And some....

Leader of the Pack - Shangri-Las

MePlus3

images (7).jpg

How about one smore chance to live a healthy smoke free life!!!

Legend

Giulia No I clicked on insert link  thingy symbol and posted the url and the link to go to the video showed up instead of the video. I am playing with all the buttons to see what happens.

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!