cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

New Year's Bonfire is now beginning!!!

ShawnP
4 278 1,497

Good evening! I am doing things a little different tonight. I am going to start off with the 70's music in the first hour and move my way up in decades. Every hour, i will also give totals. Bring food, I am only supplying appetizers. LOL

Come celebrate your freedom!

Your fuel for the fire is.....Number of days that you are smoke free x the number of cigarettes that you used to smoke per day.

Bonfire will continue til Monday at midnight!

Join in on the fun. Feel free to share food and music if you wish.

Tags (1)
278 Comments
crazymama_Lori

Good morning everyone....... I'm throwing in 13,700 cigarettes into the fire.  Happy New Year !!!!

Thomas3.20.2010
Thomas3.20.2010
meWisconsin

Throwing in 25,170 cigarettes. Burn baby burn. Happy New year everyone.

Terry

Jennifer-Quit

Thomas3.20.2010
cpsono

Good morning and Happy New Year, everyone!   I have 585 days of glorious freedom...throwing 11,708 cigs on the fire...KABOOM!   CP

Yaya2.6.10

My contribution is more than 50,000 cigarettes not smoked!  

JACKIE1-25-15

If it is okay, I am throwing these in for Terrie 50 cigs a day @519 days not smoking. 25,950 not smoked in 2016. Burn Baby Burn.  On to 2017

ShawnP

I am singing Thomas..

Good mornin', good mornin'
We've danced the whole night through
Good mornin', good mornin' to you

I can sure use a few cups of coffee. STRONG!

ShawnP

Lets see, i had to bring a grill cause the bonfire is just too big and hot. No complaining LOL

We have taters!

eggs with a little something extra

and bacon of course!

bacardigirl

92 days down 

1840 cigarettes NOT smoked

$644 saved

Junior7

Junior here.  3160 cigarettes not smoked in 79 days.  Congrats to everyone, and Happy New Year!

Mortalzeus

Morning and a Happy New Year! The fire is amazing and I bet it could be seen from the Moon.  I am enjoying  71 days of Freedom and tossing in 1800.  That's a savings of $540 for me.  

WLFSRFAMILY

Happy Nee Year everyone!!!    Here is my 14,000 to throw in

KMC56

Happy New Year...I am amazingly throwing in 5,060 cigarettes, with 253 DOF, and 1871.00 saved!!  (Can you say Europe 2020)!

Truly could not have done this without the aid of this site!

K

kristen-9-7-15

Throw in another 27 cigs. I would have smoked that many from the last time I posted last night. How gross!

Mike.n.Atlanta

Hope I'm not too late Shawn. Have been ill & away from the computer. Other than being sick I've had a great time.

Here's my 134,251 cigarettes not smoked in the last Twelve years, three months, 1 hour, 3 minutes and 47 seconds.

Keep on keepin on everyone!

M n @

Barbara145

I will need help hoisting in 47,120 cigarettes. I have not smoked in 1178 days.  My lungs hurt thinking about  that possibility.  Great music and great food.  Happy New Year everyone!

Barbara145

My blog disappeared.  I have 47120 cigarettes to contribute. 

Giulia

Gooooood morning...

Hope ya'll survived!

bonniebee

good morning i threw in my  nasty yakies last night boy did they light up !  I have 20 more to throw in today !

A very Happy New Year to everyone of you beautiful Ex'ers !!!!

Thank you Shawn for hosting another great bonfire party ! I bet the total  number will be awesome !!!

John10forteen

adding my 808 days @ 32,320 not smoked  and $8,080 saved. the wife's 803 days @ 20,075 not smoked and $5, 656 save. Are new cars around $13,000? I virtuallydrove to the bonfire in my virtual new car with the very REAL money we saved. Happy New Year everyone. Stay warm and keep feeding the fire!

Storm.3.1.14

Just returned home from another of my annual New Year's celebrations in my beloved Savannah, Georgia...

I brought back a big ol' heap of gophers, a chocolate swirl dolloped with caramel, then rolled in pecans....

It's the traditional sweet treat of Savannah, and my favorite hotel places these on the pillows for the nightly turndown service. Nice!

Okay, one last wind-up and pitch here, as I toss an additional 18 cigarettes onto the blaze.

Happy 2017, Villagers! Let's make it stronger and smarter!

ShawnP

Good afternoon!!!!

ShawnP

Hot pizza has arrrived!!!

ShawnP

c2q

This may have been me last night

and this may have been me this morning

I'm not saying for sure. But I've got

for us this afternoon. All is right with the world.

The sun is just setting here. What a great weekend!

Dotgirl_1-28-16

This is awesome! Thanks Shawn! I'm throwing my 8,492 unsmoked cigarettes into the bonfire, burn baby burn! Happy New Year.

Maureen 339 days of freedom

c2q

plug66

13,860 cigarettes......4.718.00 dollars saved

Niebauer7

Hey Shawn. I'm here on my 300th DOF to toss in my 3,610 STINKIES! Burn baby burn!

Ladybug--7-3-12

Happy New Year to one & all!!!   Skipping on in & hauling my little red wagon to drop off my 32,880 unsmoked cigs into the blazing fire.  Burn 'em up!  Woosh!  (Thanks Shawn!)

TerrieQuit

Hello, everyone! You sure got this fire blazing! This is a great Bonfire party, Shawn! Thank you!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=You+tube+Martina+Mcbride+Broken+wing&mkt=en-us&form=PRSPSB&refig=751d20...

I hope it plays, it's one of my favs.

Here's the one I do Karaoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JjyQ4VRpx4

Have a great day! I'll be in and out checking out all the numbers food and music!

Terrie 25 DOF!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

c2q

I don't care what @pir8fan says, I'm not putting it in my mouth. Sorry Tommy.

Jenn_06-03-14

I am throwing in 9,430!!! Yay!!! Burn, Baby, Burn!!! The food looks delicious!!! So good to see everyone!!! Let's celebrate!!! Happy New Year!!!!

Rick_M

Great job again Shawn hosting the bonfire, sure glad I know ya. Happy New Year everyone. Wow got hungary looking through all these posts....2,830 days of freedom for this fella. I have 70,750 cigs to toss into fire and have saved over $14,000 

johio

Sootie

Sorry I am late to the party----but............................here's mine. 

So------1.5 packs per day x 365 days x 7 years quit = 3832 cigarettes into the fire!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

ShawnP

This is my dinner now. yummmy OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE!!

NewMe

I am just stopping in briefly to throw 20 more unsmoked yakies on the fire for today's total.

ShawnP

Ms. J has 34,440 for the fire!

ShawnP

I am making a correction. Sootie actually has 78,120!!!! This fire is blazing!

Puff-TM-Draggin

Count me out for 4910.  Happy New Year everyone!  Love you all!

Be blessed, be happy, be free.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShawnP

Giraffelady left 2500 to add into the fire!

Rick_M

Shawn, keep the fire going... please add 7,000 smokes to be burnt. My sig other Sue who Quit in Feb '15 said torch those SOB's

TerrieQuit

I do this every day and twice on Friday. It's fun! Try it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JXHa5mM8b0

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Hey, did everybody go to sleep or are ya still eatin'?

ShawnP

@ Terrie, me trying the cha cha after cleaning all day

ShawnP

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later