cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Life Lessons

shashort
12 41 749

In the beginning of my quit I really didn't think I would make it the 1st day, week, month and then days started getting easier and by golly now I am at 1 year 365 days without one puff of a nasty yucky cigarette in all those days. I have to say WOW what a journey this has been. This journey has taught me so much about life and myself. One of the biggest life lesson this  has taught me is that I am in control of  me and no one or Nico Demon dude can control my actions only me!   I have learned and still learning how to live on life's terms but I now know I don't need a cigarette in hand to get through life.  I have learned that Nico dude has lied to me all these years and he really can't help me in life crisis in fact only makes things worse. I learned when I have life crisis I come here to blog  and share and my friends here will not give me permission to smoke when I was looking for excuses.  I just knew when my daughter ran away, my grandson passed,  and list goes on was ready to go buy a pack of cigarettes and thought it was good reason to smoke, but then I learned they were only excuses.  So I learned there are no reason to smoke only excuses. I learned that I love not smelling stinky like an ash tray, I love that I can go anywhere I want because I don't have to worry about my fix, I love that I can spend more time with family and friends, I love that I can breathe better, I love this site because it taught me to be an EX.  I love this new found freedom and living life without a cigarette in hand is grand (not sure whose line this is but love it). I also learned how to make and keep my commitment and determination you can too by saying NOPE! (not one puff ever) SINAO! (smoking is not an option) I don't do that anymore equals success and that is what got me to my first year of freedom.  Thank you so much to everyone for being on this journey with me and teaching me so much. I am so excited to be in the 6% club and ShawnP and elvan for the golden key Ellen worked so hard to shine and the diamond key from Shawn. I will always cherish this and hold on to this key and NEF day one and keep going for day won. Again thanks so much for being you.  I know I couldn't have or would have been able to do this alone. So to you all I am forever grateful and feel blessed to meet so many wonderful people.

41 Comments
JustSharon

I'm so proud of you!! Way to go Sharon, through all the trials and triumphs, you've made it!

Jennifer-Quit

I knew that you would make it from the beginning,  You have kept a winning attitude through some really tough times, and you are admired for it.  Thanks for showing us all - newbies and elders alike - how to hang on to that quit!

Chuck-2-20-2011

A year is an incredible milestone! Congratulations! Hope you plan on a little celebrating. You deserve it. Have a wonderful weekend! Now you're counting years. So wonderful to see freedom blossom in the spring!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Mandolinrain

Congrats to a beautiful strong woman working a beautiful strong quit! xoxo

Giulia

You talked the talk and walked the walk all the way to this splendid One Year Milestone!  Brava Sharon!

kristen-9-7-15

Congrats on 1 year!

vanlil

Hey Girlfriend...............Whoppeeeee for you.  You were the 1st. person and Terri the 2nd. person to friend me.  I will never forget how much you helped me and how much fun we had "griping" and sharing.  

BIG HUGS AND SQUEEZES.

LIllian

gregp136

Wow!  

A year!

A whole year!

That seems so far away!

Congratulations!

Greg

YoungAtHeart

MarilynH

Hip,hip, hooray Sharon, a super duper congratulations on your awesome 1 yr milestone, you totally rock my friend and fellow Exer. ☆

KMC56

As 'sisters' who started just weeks apart, I certainly related to your tirades..you were so brutally honest with the withdraw symptoms and adjustments of processing a life without cigarettes.

That being said, you absolutely are a above and beyound a role model of this site, and I am in total awe of you.

CONGCONGRATS on one year...and the successful smoke free years to come!!

~Kathy

JonesCarpeDiem

YAY!

Big Hugs and Congratulations!

Thomas3.20.2010

You have had an Incredible Year, Sharon!

WELCOME to the 6% Club, Mrs. Elder!

elvan

shashort‌ You already know how happy I am for you and how proud of you that I am.  You went through some terrible times with your health and you still laughed and made others laugh...you are the REAL Wonder Woman.

Love,

Ellen

NewMe

pastedImage_1.jpg     Image result for success

I can only repeat what those above me have said. Right from the start, you stood out from the crowd. You did whatever it took to make it through the minute, the hour, the day. You have been through trials and tribulations that make my life look like a Sunday picnic in the park (with birds chirping and Bambi grazing and sweet music playing in the background), and you came through it all with dignity and maintaining a sense of humor in all kinds of situations. Super Congratulations to you!!!! Welcome to the 6% Club. And yes, we all EXpected you to make it.

Strudel

You have shown the attitude that leads to success around here - and in life! Celebrate now and we will keep on celebrating next weekend! 

freeneasy

You did it!

ShawnP

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Sootie

So happy for you Sharon! Enjoy this very important milestone........you earner it!!

shashort

Thank you to all of you @JustSharon @Jennifer-Quit GiuliaSootieShawnP‌@freeneasy  Strudel‌ @NewMe elvan‌ @Thomas3.20.2010 @JonesCarpeDiem  @KMC56 @MarilynH @gregp136 @YoungAtHeart @vanlil @kristen-9.7.15   @Mandolinrain @chuck-2-20-2011 for celebrating with me and supporting me throughout my journey 

I celebrated with my grandson and we toasted to my 1 year with sparling grape juice in wine glasses, then went to park had picnic,  played ball and went for long walk.  I am so very grateful my health is better and I was able to go to the park and walk.

Giulia

Sounds like you had a great one-year celebration.  Happy for you, kid!

shashort

Thank you Giulia,I did and my grandson loved drinking out of wine glasses, he thought he was big. lol 

Magstoyou

So Happy for you Sharon!!

Congratulations on 1 year!!!

Mags

HealthyOrange

Congratulations, sweetie!  You've had quite a year, but you remained steadfast and true to yourself  So happy for you and proud of you!!  Big hugs!!

Image result for big congratulations

shashort

Thank you very much @HealthyOrange means a lot to me and thankds for celebrating with me.

Nix

CONGRATULATIONS my friend. So very very proud of you and so very very happy that you made it to that very wonderful 1 year.

You sure kicked that Nicko dude's butt girl!! 

gardenancy8

Congrats Sharon! What an inspiration you are to us newbies!  I look forward to the day I can say 1 yr also!    So happy for you

elvan

HealthyOrange‌ Where have you been?  Miss hearing from you!

plug66

so proud of you.....you are the BOMB.......love you

bonniebee

Hi Sharon i am so sorry that i missed your big day ! You have been such an inspiration to me and so many others during this past year !!! You have had such courage strength and discipline not only with your new  quit but with your entire life ! I am so very proud of you and so glad you are healing now . 

I am very Happy that you are now in the 6% club and got not one but 3 keys !!!

sayings congrats 8.gifHappy Mothers Day !!!

Legend

Congratulations on 1 year WOOOHOOO!!!

I am very proud of you. 

Legend

Here are some red roses for you.

vanlil

Hey Sharon -= I want to send Tracie-Quit an e mail.............forgot how to do it?

Can you help me out?

Lillian

shashort

Thank you so much @Legend  for the roses I love them @bonniebee  for the 3rd key wow wee and @Nix  my quit buddy plug66‌ my quit buddy @HealthyOrange @Magstoyou and @gardenancy8  for celebating with me and I can't say thank you enough for all your support this my journey, walking beside me bing my strength.

JACKIE1-25-15

So sorry I missed this blog. You have been a true example that you do not have to smoke in life crisis.  You hung in there with a strength that I have never seen in many individuals.  I commend and congratulate you because it has been a long hard road for you and you never gave up.  God Bless you Sharon.  So amazed at your strength. 

Image result for roses

shashort

THank you Jackie lovely roses.

djmurray

I hate that I wasn't on here on your big 1 year anniversary, but I am so happy that we got to spend time together and get to know each other this weekend.  You are one of my heroes, Sharon -- and I really look forward to keeping in touch.  You have my email address, and I will send you an email soon.  In the meantime, better late than never ---

congrats.gif

shashort

Thank you @djmurray  I really glad we got to meet and spent time together this weekend too. I have my cell phone back and you can call me anytime.

katenalbert

That is so awesome and such a huge accomplishment

aztec

You ROCK!

keep doing whatever you are doing and keep adding activites to keep you busy.

it is so nice to hear your success story and all that you have overcome.

don't get complacent, This isa good place to hang out.

if you haven't read any of Joels pod casts at www.whyquit.com give it a shot

there is so much to learn.

namaste.

aztec

Lisa8558

Hi, I'm new today!  Congratulations on your Year   Your an inspiration to me here on day one. You shared many helpful points and thank you for sharing your journey 

thank you, Lisa✌️ 

About the Author
Hi! My name is Sharon and I am married, a mom to 5 kids and also have 2 fur babies that are both shelties and considered my kids. I have smoked for about 30 years. I came here to learn how to quit and stay quit. I need to quit to impove my health and was tired of nicotine controlling me and Doctors and family nagging me. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now that I have joined in the EX family I now have been free of nicotine since May 13th 2016.