Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Independence day Bonfire is here!

ShawnP
10 334 3,060

Mark_0-1646454415835.gif

Welcome! The bonfire is now starting. It will continue through Sunday night midnight 11:59 EST. Please stop in whenever you can. For those that aren't familiar with our bonfires, the fuel for the fire is your unsmoked cigarettes. It would be your days quit x how many cigarettes that you USED to smoke. You can find your days quit here... My quit plan   Also, here is a calculator that you can use. Just edit the numbers to yours. You can find other statistics as well. 

Our goal tonight is a standard of 1 million. We usually  dbl it. Our highest was 2,895,441. 

Feel free to post music, food or funny images. Please note that we do have to abide by "no copyright material". This site provides links to pics  . We are also having costumes. What can be more funnier than trying out different figures, animals etc? haha

Here are links that you can use....

1.  Face in hole

2.  Photo fun maker

3.  photofunny 

If you are mobile user, there are apps that you can use as well.

In case that you don't know how to post pics or videos, here are the tutorials

1.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1062-how-to-put-pictures-in-posts-of-all-kinds-discussio...

2.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17458-how-to-uploadembed-videos?commentID=115169#comment

NOW LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!

(if you don't see a friend here, message them. The more, the merrier!!

you can watch and listen here for relaxation.

Tags (1)
334 Comments
KMC56

Good morning all exers,  before I continue on my day, and before I head out to the lake (where I was for the entire day and evening), I don't want to forget throwing I my 30,689 to keep the blaze burning!!!   This is my 4th fantabulous freedom bon fire!  I saw the Smores nacho plate..that looked insanely fantastic!

Enjoy you freedom from smoking and in life!

Kathy...ps..Here's to holding hands in support!

MarilynH

YAY Kathy it's wonderful to see you and even more wonderful to see those yuckies being tossed in the bon fire have a super fantastic day my friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family.....

Cousin-Itt

I feel the same on all accounts  Marilyn  we are all still young. Who knows

YoungAtHeart

Daniela2016

And to mirror the spirit of American Ribs, here are my own (you won't have me by the grill in nearly 100 degrees, if you pay me a fortune), they have gone in the oven for 2h, first covered, then I will uncover them to roast properly for the last 30min.  No sides, but a chopped Cesar salad, and watermelon as dessert. Are we good or are we good???

If I get a chance, I'll take another pic once they are done

July4.2020.jpg

YoungAtHeart

Daniela2016 

You have me actually drooling!  I may have to buy some from Instacart this week!

I did have the most delightful Yellowfin Tuna caught by a neighbor last night.  Seared only til the outside charred, inside still red.  Oh, my!!!  AND homemade potato salad and a small tomato cut up with some basil.    And strawberry shortcake with those wonderful berries a friend brought me from the farmers market.  It was a FEAST!

Daniela2016

Thank you Nancy YoungAtHeart‌, yesterday we did good, along with the huge watermelon mom eats below, 

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, eating and indoor

we had some store bought roasted chicken (mostly mom), hubby and I had tuna/avocado Sushi in brown rice, a little whole grains artisan bread (hubby and I) and Ciabatta (mom). We have half of the watermelon left the fridge, saved for today's dessert, we'll have a late lunch/early dinner.

And hubby and I both love any kind of seafood, unfortunately mom does not!  I purchased a frozen mix seafood bag yesterday, can't wait to make it, but I always have to plan something else for her when we eat seafood. She only eats fish, and that has to be fried, or properly dried in the oven, which is so not how we like to eat it.  We love Sushi, and your tuna sounds just wonderful!!!

Thomas3.20.2010

Please add my 37-000 to the fire!

Giulia

Well I see the Bonfire is still going strong.

Hello there Thomas!  Pretty nifty bike and outfit you got there!  Thomas3.20.2010 

Thomas Bike1.JPG

Giulia

BobKatt22‌  Are you up to your old tricks???

BobKatt on Bike.JPG

BobKatt22

WOW Giulia!!!!! I do see a resemblance!!

Giulia

And TriGirl‌ and PrimeNumberJD‌ are doing their tandem ride today gearing up for the triathalon.

Tri & Jon Bike 2.JPG

Giulia

And we on the sidelines are cheering ya'll on! (Daniela2016shashortsweetplt‌)

Giulia Daniela Sassy Colleen.JPG

sweetplt

Giulia So funny...thanks for the laugh...Happy Sunday...dear lady...

Giulia

Happy Sunday back atcha!  Keep conquering the universe! sweetplt

Colleen.png

MarilynH

Anyone interested in some ice tea or a snack? 

PSX_20200705_160619.jpg

YoungAtHeart

No chocolate?

WAIT  - How about some chocolate bread pudding?

images.jpg

Or a snowcone?index.jpg

No?  How about some chocolate covered strawberries?

images.jpg

OK - then I guess you are stuck with THIS!

index.jpg

ShawnP

Its nothing like home grown veggies. Homemade bread, i can just smell it now

MarilynH

Thank you  it was a delicious lunch.

MarilynH

Humm I didn't really have this for breakfast but I believe I could and I'm sure I would really enjoy it.

FB_IMG_1593905006191.jpg

ShawnP

Cousin-Itt‌ a good sunday breakfast. I cook sometimes like that for the fam. Good song.

Daniela2016‌ its good to see you. That food looks absolutely delicious!!! i love homemade bread. thats my downfall. just pass the butter and thats all i need lol Its been a few years since i made homemade bread.Everyone used to love my hawaiian bread.

MarilynH‌, do you hand knead your dough or use kitchen aid with dough hook? i used to knead it until i got my kitchen aid but certain recipes isn't possible to do that way.

ShawnP

i don't blame you grilling in this heat!!! i would do the same as you lol. those ribs look good

ShawnP

Good to see you made it. You missed our dance yesterday. i posted santana

MarilynH

I  knead my bread I usually get Mark to stir it for me because it's hard on my hands I make 12 loaves at a time and small pan of rolls, I've been using this recipe for over 32 years now. I freeze it as soon as it cools so I can get a break for 9 or 10 days unless I give some away or I'm watching Mason fulltime.

ShawnP

wow that is alot of bread. I never made that many at one time. 3 if its the hawaiian. What all do you grown in your garden?

ShawnP

Tossing another 40 cigarettes in for the last 2 days

MarilynH

Mark plants enough potatoes for the Winter we have a cold room in the basement we actually do up all of the vegetables for the Winter yellow and green beans we do in the pressure cooker squash,peas and beets we do up in the freezer turnip goes in the cold room and we usually just eat the tomatoes and I usually keep lots of green tomatoes and make a couple of batches of green tomato chow and with cucumbers I'll make a batch or two of lady Ashburn pickles, we usually have enough onions for the pickles and enough to do the Winter right up May sometimes into June, Mark plants a few pumpkins for the kids for Halloween Hummm I think that's it.

MarilynH

Isn't life grand without a Cigarette in Hand!

LanaKay

30,020 cigarettes to toss in. I never thought I’d be able to say that!!!

Giulia

Daniela2016‌  I see you dressed for dinner...

Daniela Pin up Girl.JPG

Giulia

Where's your horse, Rick?  Rick_M

Rick Cowboy.JPG

Cousin-Itt

Sometimes it's OK to Eat Dinner from a can

Giulia

Well Rick may be horseless, but Christine's got hers.  Christine13

Christine Cowgirl.JPG

elvan

I am late to arrive but I have been lurking...reading posts and laughing at some of the comments.  I have a "few" of those nasty things to throw into the fire. I have been quit for 2,359 days, just two weeks short of 6 1/2 years.  I averaged my smoking to a pack a day even though it was more at the beginning and MUCH less the past few years.  In any event, I am throwing a WHOPPING 47,180 cigarettes onto the fire.  Stand back, wouldn't want you to get burned.

Ellen

Legend

Giulia

I'm throwing my 157,207 unsmoked, unlit, unbought craving producing horrors onto that fire!

GiuliaWolf.JPG

YoungAtHeart

AND - I have another 25 to add to the fire that I didn't smoke today....8 years and ONE DAY since I quit!!!

Giulia

How's it going, girls???

Marilyn Missy Jennifer Ellen.JPG

YoungAtHeart

You are having just too much fun, Giulia !

Giulia

Well I hope I'm not the only one.  Looks like you are too,

Legend

ShawnP

wow you have a good supply there. I am sure you don't have to buy any veggies from the store.

ShawnP

Good to see you and thank u

ShawnP

hahahhahahaha wait til he sees

kristen-9-7-15

Let’s throw in another Let’s throw in another 50 smokes for the last 2 days...

ShawnP

hahahahaa Giulia‌ and ty

elvan‌ Good to see you Ellen, hope all is well with you and ty

Legend‌, was beginning to think you were going to miss it. Good songs as always!

ShawnP

Giulia

I just love her dancing!

Thank YOU for spending all this time you have making this a FABULOUS party.  As usual.  Pumpkinhead.

Shawn Pumpin Head.JPG

Legend

ShawnP  Good to see you. 

Daniela2016

Thank you Giulia‌, can I have that body please?

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later