Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Independence day Bonfire is here!

ShawnP
10 334 3,049

Mark_0-1646454415835.gif

Welcome! The bonfire is now starting. It will continue through Sunday night midnight 11:59 EST. Please stop in whenever you can. For those that aren't familiar with our bonfires, the fuel for the fire is your unsmoked cigarettes. It would be your days quit x how many cigarettes that you USED to smoke. You can find your days quit here... My quit plan   Also, here is a calculator that you can use. Just edit the numbers to yours. You can find other statistics as well. 

Our goal tonight is a standard of 1 million. We usually  dbl it. Our highest was 2,895,441. 

Feel free to post music, food or funny images. Please note that we do have to abide by "no copyright material". This site provides links to pics  . We are also having costumes. What can be more funnier than trying out different figures, animals etc? haha

Here are links that you can use....

1.  Face in hole

2.  Photo fun maker

3.  photofunny 

If you are mobile user, there are apps that you can use as well.

In case that you don't know how to post pics or videos, here are the tutorials

1.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1062-how-to-put-pictures-in-posts-of-all-kinds-discussio...

2.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17458-how-to-uploadembed-videos?commentID=115169#comment

NOW LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!

(if you don't see a friend here, message them. The more, the merrier!!

you can watch and listen here for relaxation.

Tags (1)
334 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Let's get a CONGA LINE started around this campfire!

ShawnP

MMMM those look really good Suzy. Can't wait to dip in

indingrl‌ keep dancing

ShawnP

The conga line is starting!

Mandolinrain

Crazy+Horse+FB+Banner+4th.jpgimages-5.jpegimages-6.jpeg

SuzyQ411

Love the Miami Sound Machine~ miss their music! 

SuzyQ411

Conga line chuckles from me, Shawn! Pups are cute.

SuzyQ411

Perfect posts, Missy- all patriotic and the simple basics: our flag-the stars and stripes-, the American eagles, stars on the tarts, and a gentle-eyed horse to ride.

ShawnP

pir8fan‌ has been busy grilling. He is sharing with us yum

106280320_2747440898695642_5856091203723479433_n.jpg106296708_2539693469694632_7786125176874620174_n.jpg

Giulia

indingrl‌  You've always had the BEST attitude!  Happy 4th Diane Joy!

Diane Joy We Can Do it.JPG

indingrl

Awe thanks Lady G - WOW - I look good

Strudel

Thanks Shawn! After 3,675 days quit, I have 73,500 cigarettes to throw into this bonfire!!! 

Rick_M

Hey hi to all, Shawn as usual a great bonfire, thanks Hun. Good seeing some familiar names on here and also seeing so many new EX'ers who have beat the addiction....I joined EX May '09 and never looked back at smoking again.

Shawn throw in 151,500 smokes for both Sue and I.....don't miss 'em... never want to see 'em again...

indingrl

animated_1593891742708.gif Rick - so good to hear from YA

ShawnP

Thanks for coming Strudel‌ and Rick_M‌ Happy 4th! am just on the side watching Capitol 4th

ShawnP

hahaha i love it!!

Sootie

3885 days since I quit smoking

155,400 cigarettes not smoked

Happy Independence Day....................

AND REMEMBER

Liberty is not the freedom to do what you please

It is the ability to do what you should

ShawnP

Good evening Sootie, thank you

CrazyQuitter

I am with you there!

ShawnP

Good to see you!!

Cousin-Itt

3 Years 10 Months and 25 Days smoke free

Fireworks are going off all around us evidently a few big parties are going on.

Great day was able to swim today on this sunny 95 degree day  with my family and my grandson BB.  Social distancing was in place Until my son handed me BB without thinking to start the grill. I didn't complain any

What away to end the evening with a bonfire and friends

It took me a few minutes to think of a fun song everyone might know to sing along with

Coconut - Harry Nilsson - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzRTZvR3M4

ShawnP

Welcome back. Waving a big hello from cleveland  lots of fireworks are going off tonight. i would like to see them stop everyone lol.

Giulia

My, but I see a lot of folks have been on their bikes today.  Great day for a bike ride, I'd say!

Carl - Went for a picnic ride, did ya?  Cousin-Itt

Cousin It Bike.JPG

Giulia

And I see Sootie flitting around..va va vooom! Sootie

Sudie Faerie.JPG

Giulia

Ah Krazy Kabuki Quitter is doing a traditional 4th of July dance tonight....very special!  CrazyQuitter

CrazyQuitter.JPG

ShawnP

misty_dawn‌ asked me to toss hers into the fire for her. 3,629 days. 72,580 not smoked. $25,040.10 saved. 

CrazyQuitter

Nice!

Madyzsgocka

39,717 not smoked in nearly 4 years, but life is not easy these days, and I have to admit that I think about lighting up more and more these days. But I won't. I won't. Thanks for doing all of this Shawnie. 

Barbscloud

This is literally my all time favorite song.   

RachelMB

Good morning Ex family.  I'm stopping by with 27,107 for the fire! Have a great day! 

Rachel

Barbscloud

Good morning.  I'm throwing another 30 unsmoked cigarettes on the fire.  It's time for breakfast again!   Join me for an a Western omelette and some home fries this morning.

Bob Evans | Menu | Western Omelet

Barb

ShawnP

that sure looks good!

ShawnP

Good morning. Popping in for a little bit. Have church in couple hours then a church picnic after. Did everyone have a good 4th? 

ShawnP

Our total so far is..........2,006,122

It ends tonight at midnight.  I will be back on this afternoon when i get home. Have a fabulous day and keep the fire burning.

Barbscloud

I did.  Especially the sparklers last night!

Barbscloud

Nice mellow song after all the partying yesterday.

ShawnP

Nice. i haven't had any of those in a couple years. Always forget to pick up some.

MarilynH

Good Sunday morning friends and Fellow EXers I'm late getting around BUT I do have a batch of bread on I'm hoping to get the three ovenfulls done in case of the thunderstorms that are predicted happens I know the air is close because it's a little hard to breathe so therefore I know that smoking isn't even a blimp on my Radar so please toss another 30 unsmoked yuckies into the fire for me for yesterday and another 30 for today  for a total of 60 on top of  what I threw in on Friday please and thank you.....

20200704_120401.jpg

Mark brought in beet greens, peas and new potatoes in from our garden yesterday for lunch along with an onion to put in with the hamburger he was cooking it was scrumptious I wish you all could have been here.....

YoungAtHeart

I LOVE peas fresh out of the garden - and miss them now that I don't keep one anymore!  That sounds like one scrumptious feast!

Enjoy!

YoungAtHeart

I will bring some chocolate donuts for breakfast this morning!

images.jpg

MarilynH

Oh my gosh it was and the best part was he wouldn't let me do any of the prep work but he did let me do the dishes.

MarilynH

Yum yum yummy L

YoungAtHeart

Let's play a game to keep this interesting as we sit around the fire!

Telephone is a game played around the world in which one person whispers a short message to someone else. Easy peasy. The fun begins when that person quietly whispers the message to another person. This secret message is passed from one person to another until the last person announces it to the entire group. Thanks to the errors that usually arise in the retellings, hilarity usually ensues. An oldie but a goodie! (Source)

Cousin-Itt

Good Morning   Had breakfast coffee and listened to some music out on the back porch this morning and it's already 82 degrees at 10:00am. Joyce made some bacon, eggs, hash browns with onions and pancakes for me. MarilynH‌ I also had it made as Joyce brought everything to me and is cleaning up doing the dishes

I started my breakfast out with this song

In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry (Lyrics) - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZWsGf0KgQw

Daniela2016

So sorry I am late to the party, but please let me add 31,546 cigarettes to the fire, accumulated in 4Years,3Months,24Days,6Hours,and 49 Minutes since I quit.

And here, some Romanian deserts, for everyone's enjoyment: 

Amandine - imagine 1 mare

Tort diplomat - imagine 1 mare

Tort cu capsuni si caise - imagine 1 mare

And if that's too much sweets, here is some savory food: 

Mititei - imagine 1 mare

Ciolan afumat la cuptor cu cartofi copti - imagine 1 mare

Frigarui cu porc si legume - imagine 1 mare

And the home made bread for all that smoked or grilled meat: 

Paine de casa - imagine 1 mare

Paine de casa cu lapte - imagine 1 mare

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE, AND THANK YOU SHAWN FOR ORGANIZING!

Daniela

Loving Heart With Squirrel Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free ...

YoungAtHeart

That all looks A-MAZING!  Thanks for sharing!  I am not much of a meat fan, but I would go ga-ga over that you showed!!!!  Looks delicious!

MarilynH

Your breakfast sounds delicious Carl along with the great music I'd love to meet you and Joyce wouldn't that be awesome I am pretty sure we'd all hit it off, tell your Joyce hello from Carleton County N.B.

YoungAtHeart

A song for our world today!

MarilynH

Oh my everything looks absolutely delicious Daniela wowser where do I start! well geesh I'm going to sample everything!

YoungAtHeart

and might we all hold hands around the bonfire (virtually, of course) as we join in?

index.jpg

MarilynH

That's wonderful plan Nancy here's my hand and my other hand is reaching out to whoever!

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later