Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Independence day Bonfire is here!

ShawnP
10 334 3,055

Mark_0-1646454415835.gif

Welcome! The bonfire is now starting. It will continue through Sunday night midnight 11:59 EST. Please stop in whenever you can. For those that aren't familiar with our bonfires, the fuel for the fire is your unsmoked cigarettes. It would be your days quit x how many cigarettes that you USED to smoke. You can find your days quit here... My quit plan   Also, here is a calculator that you can use. Just edit the numbers to yours. You can find other statistics as well. 

Our goal tonight is a standard of 1 million. We usually  dbl it. Our highest was 2,895,441. 

Feel free to post music, food or funny images. Please note that we do have to abide by "no copyright material". This site provides links to pics  . We are also having costumes. What can be more funnier than trying out different figures, animals etc? haha

Here are links that you can use....

1.  Face in hole

2.  Photo fun maker

3.  photofunny 

If you are mobile user, there are apps that you can use as well.

In case that you don't know how to post pics or videos, here are the tutorials

1.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1062-how-to-put-pictures-in-posts-of-all-kinds-discussio...

2.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17458-how-to-uploadembed-videos?commentID=115169#comment

NOW LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!

(if you don't see a friend here, message them. The more, the merrier!!

you can watch and listen here for relaxation.

Tags (1)
334 Comments
kristen-9-7-15

YES!

vanlil

I have not had one stinky cig for 4 yrs.15 days and throwing 44,308cig in the bonfire.

Today  is my 84th. birthday and smokefree!!!

Lillian

ShawnP

here is Olivers treats kristen-9.7.15pir8fan‌ and they are homemade ones too! THEE best!

ShawnP

kristen-9.7.15‌ yes the do!

YoungAtHeart‌ MMMMM that looks d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!!!

pir8fan

Is that cheeseburger for Oliver??

YoungAtHeart

Happy, Happy Birthday, Lillian!!!

My gosh - 84 - WOW - you are the best looking 84 I have EVER seen!

Hope you enjoyed your day!

ShawnP

wow 4 yr 15 days, congrats!!! Happy birthday Lillian.  Here is cake and flowers for you!

pir8fan

Giulia, do you think Dr Hays is gonna be OK with you putting his face on my body??

ShawnP

i agree with Nancy!!!

ShawnP

pir8fan‌ its for me!  lmao @face comment

kristen-9-7-15

Haha

ShawnP

pir8fan

OK! Time to make this fire roar! The Freedom Dumptruck is backing up to the flames and dumping in..........

153,480 Unsmoked Kool Milds!  That is 7674 packs! Representing my 3837 Days of Freedom!!

pir8fan

Are you laughing at my arms or my legs??

Giulia

LILLIAN~~~~!!!  Happy Happy 84th!  Wow!  When I grow up I wanna be just like you! vanlil‌  You're gorgeous and gung ho!

Happy Birthday Lobster Text Title Free Stock Photo - Public Domain ...

Giulia

Yeah, so ... where's the audio of the event???? Huh????

Giulia

Tommy Bike.JPG

Pretty snazzy retro bike you've got there Master Tommy! pir8fan

ShawnP

Look at that fire!! our total so far is........937,733!!!!

ShawnP

Dessert??? i never knew what a lava cake was until we went on a cruise for our ex trip. omgggggg so gooood!!!

desserts.jpg

Ladybug--7-3-12

Happy Happy 84th Birthday!  Hope it was great!

BobKatt22

I feel like such a newbie compared to everyone else’s numbers , all I’ve got is 14,760 unsmoked sicarettes to add to the bonfire

Giulia

Really?  First night and we've already gotten almost a million unsmoked cigarettes?  I think we'll have to aim for 2 million from now on.  Does this include unvaped vapes????  (I'll be tossing my truckload in toward the end.  Want to accumulate all that I can and not have you need to add on extras each day!)  

Love the double mix of tunes you're putting up.  Ah, so many have no idea how much time all this takes.  But some - do!

You're just a little fairy of delight!

Shawn Faerie.JPG

ShawnP

Welcome Bob. they sure add up through the years. thanks for your contribution. All counts towards our goal. Most of all, we are free!!!

ShawnP

I think the 2 is much better to start off with.  I will be so curious to see the final numbers. It would be great if we set a new record.. awwwww i love being fairy. Am working on something right now to show u

ShawnP

Giulia‌, you have inspired me!!!

giphy.gif

Giulia

OMG how did you do that?  Give!  That is hilarious!  Oh, what I could do with that..... just sayin'.....  That is just divine!

ShawnP

they are cameos in snapchat. i convert them to gif and then upload to giphy lol i have alot more

giphy (1).gif

Giulia

Oh wow.  I think I'll not attempt that, since I'm not on snapchat and wouldn't have CLUE as to how to convert them if I were.  They's just WUNDERFUL!  But I think my speed is simply face in the hole, so it's best I stick with that.

Ladybug--7-3-12

The tech is AWESOME & FUN but … it looks like a teen boy body your face was put on ...scary lol.  Just sayin!.  Boobage & clothes count!  HA.  

ShawnP

giphy (2).gif

ShawnP

LOL maybe half horse too

Giulia

Finishing up my last margarita.  Great party, Shawn, as usual!

SuzyQ411

Thanks ShawnP‌.. for getting this great fire going and for your relaxation music. Thanks to everyone for all the delishious food donations. Congrats to all for your successes in your quits! blue wheelbarrow.pngTonight, I wheel in 2,685 unsmoked nasty-nasties to be extinguished by the flames. They represent 179 days of complete abstinence from cigarettes after smoking for 60+ years

Tonight, I bring you a tune from my teen years in the 50's : Wake Up Little Suzie 

SuzyQ411

Your quit is such an encouragment to us "in the lower ranks" Shawn. And I so love the crackling fire and bird and cricket sounds. Thanks so much for sharing this!

~ Suzy 179 days

SuzyQ411

I'm a big fan of Lionel's; thanks for sharing this! Although I'm not generraly a country music fan, did enjoy listening to the Zac Brown Band 

SuzyQ411

Wow. You've outdone yourself Shawn@ Mmmm...

SuzyQ411

Billy Ocean : another one of my favorites!

ShawnP

Good evening or i should say its morning now hehe. Glad you can join us Suzy. 179 days is fantastic.  2,685 cigarettes is huge. If u can visually imagine that much, wow! your body is thanking you. Thanks for keeping this fire burning!!! love that song wake up little suzie  will post some oldies tomorrow.

SuzyQ411

More yum yums! Thanks Nancy!!

ShawnP

it made me hungry too

ShawnP

thank you. I think i am going to listen to it when i go to bed soon. so relaxing.

SuzyQ411

I'm still sticking with soda. Thinks it's too soon in my quit for alcohol; might cause me to choose to smoke and I surely don't want that!! Good, I see my favorite soda..Sprite! And. I see that Nichol's Restaurant has delivered the fresh cooked lobster.. Kazam!! lobster.jpg

SuzyQ411

Is KellanC74‌ here yet? She and Cousin-Itt‌ just love marshmallows 

SuzyQ411

Those look delish Marilyn. I'll take one as a side to my lobster, lol ..

ShawnP

Its that time of the night where the yawning doesn't stop. I am going to turn in for the night. Please keep the fire going and i will see you in the morning.

giphy (3).gif

SuzyQ411

Hey, never tried them with coleslaw on them. Sounds delish. And tastes as good as it looks! Will have to pass this idea onto my friends for our cookouts.

SuzyQ411

More great music, Shawn! 

SuzyQ411

WOW! Steak to go with my lobster!! I'm gonna have to slow myself down or I'll be literally rolling into bed, lol!

ShawnP

the combination with all tastes so good. I usually buy grandmas coleslaw cause it tastes close to kfc. soo good. Its pretty much the only way i eat them these days.

SuzyQ411

Yes, Nancy, yes! I am a chocoholic, after all...

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later