Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Freedom Train 2/11/2017

ShawnP
0 43 628

Good morning, fellow EXer's!

The Freedom Train is on the tracks, and prepared to make its daily run to freedom from smoking. Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal freedom, and that of their friends!

Today's Celebrations:

Giulia- 4,000 Days!

sophia-22‌- 100 Days!

We encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, those of your friends, and show pride in your quit: 2 days, 200 days or 2000 days, or  more if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our freedom. Post food and music - IT IS PARTY TIME! This train is bound for FREEDOM from the evils of tobacco and smoking.

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!    -Shawn

What is the Freedom Train? More  here

If you are new here, this vehicle provides a place for everyone to gather to celebrate the milestones and successes of those in our community. There are no tickets. The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring. The rides on this train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this train is a desire to breathe free. We encourage everyone to join in the celebration. No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees; bring all your "EXtra baggage" and we will help you sort it out.

How do I count my days? 

Your quit info is here

From time to time we have questions about counting days. While we encourage everyone to celebrate every day of their freedom, here on the Freedom Train we count the days you have completed. For example, Tommy quit on 01/01/2010. On 12/31/2010 he had reached 365 days. However, he had not completed a year until 01/01/2011.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train here.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) at any time.

Daily Freedom Train Conductors

Sunday: pir8fan  or ShawnP

Monday: Youngatheart.7.4.12

Tuesday: JACKIE1-25-15

Wednesday: Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14

Thursday: Terrie_Quit

Friday: smorgy8513

Saturday: ShawnP

Tags (1)
43 Comments
ShawnP

imageedit_15_6460078019_zps2lf5p7vw.jpg

ShawnP

I am starting this train off with 1,792 days of freedom!!! getting closer to 2,000 HOORAY!!!

imageedit_5_7294119868.jpg

ShawnP

Breakfast time!!!! I am starving, how about you?

MarilynH

Good morning Shawn, congrats to you and everyone on board especially Giulia on her glorious 4,000 DOF  and sophia-22 on 100 spectacular smoke free days and counting WTG, love the milestones, I'm here with 943 days and smiling, ugh I also jumped on board Sharon's Train this morning without looking at the date and ugh I was on yesterday and jumped on again today and ugh I don't see away of deleting it,oh well congratulations to each and everyone of you my friends and fellow Exers ●

c2q

What a beautiful quit, ShawnP‌, and thank you for the great train ride this morning.

Big Congratulations to our very own Giulia for her 4,000 days quit! doing the math (or was it sneaking a peak at her quit stats?) . . that's 10 years, 11 months! You are an inspiration.

Congratulations sophia-22‌. I love your 100 day quit! That is a BIG milestone. Welcome to the double digit club!

For some reason, I'm hungry for Mexican now. Fiesta Food for me!

Jennifer-Quit

Big congratulations to Giulia and Sophia!  Riding today with 1017 days!  I think that I will have some breakfast that Shawn has been so kind to furnish!  Have a good day everyone!

Pops

Hey!  Look @ that HUMONGOUS milestone...

Way to go Giulia on the 4th comma. Are you kidding me!? I am not worthy....let me stay down here on the floor while in your presence oh great one!!!!

You rock.  Shawn thanks so much for picking me up today.  I know it's hard to believe, but this old fart is packing 264 days of freedom today!!!

Thanks in a large way to you continually supporting me even @ the worst of times....my dear friend, Thank you...

Sophia, congrats on making it to the three digit midget day of 100!!!! wow you are simply rocking it!

ShawnP

I finally got the cake done!

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

elvan

WOW, Congratulations to Giulia on 4,000 days and to Sophia on her entrance into the TDC!  Thanks for picking me up, Shawn.  I have to work today and tomorrow so I might not be around much.

I am riding today with 1119 DOF.

ShawnP

Pops‌, I have to admit that i thought about you with these banana nut pancakes.

JACKIE1-25-15

Giulia- 4,000 Days!

sophia-22- 100 Days! Big congratulations. 

vanlil

Wow to Guila and Sophia.............I am jumping on the train to help you guys celebrate.  What a party.

Lilian  238 dof

sophia-22

Thank you!

meWisconsin

Big congratulations to Giulia & Sophia-22 on their major milestones today. Everyone have a wonderful smoke free ride today.

Terry 881 DOF

Giulia

Sophia!!!!!   Happy Thundered Hund'erd!  

Thanks for picking me up, Shawn!  I saw my quit counter a couple of days ago and thought, "gee, I'm about to hit 4,000, that's kind neat!"  And you know what?  It never stops being neat, these milestones.  c2q‌ you're right - gonna hit my 11th in a couple of weeks.  Another moment in the journey to look forward to.

Cheers everybody!  No derailments here!

Mortalzeus

Congrats Giulia and sophia-22 (again). You are both truly amazing

hooray-ftsap2.jpg

Time to celebrate!

Mortalzeus

OOPS!  Shawn thank you for the ride and the pancakes with walnuts and bananas! Yum Yum. I am riding with 113 DOF (NML)

tjanddj

Congratulations Giulia‌ and sophia-22‌!!

TerrieQuit

Thanks for picking me up today, Shawn! Congratulations, Giulia, on 4,000 days! WOW! Sophia, Congratulations on 100 days and entry to the TDC. The door is open and many are waiting for you!

Way To Go to all with smoke freedom! I am riding with 66 days free!  ~Terrie~

bonniebee

Wow Giulia !  You must be the queen of Ex  anyway you are the queen of Ex in my minds eye ! You have been one of the women on this site that  I first followed because you reached out immediately to help me quit and to navigate the site ,the old site that is .

Congratulations on your Huge 4000 Days of freedom !!!

sayings special 6.jpg

bonniebee

Sophia 100 days is a huge accomplishment welcome to the TDC !!! Be proud ! bouquet 3.jpg@@

crazymama_Lori

Wow, look at those numbers.  Congrats to sophia-22‌ and to Giulia‌.  I'm hopping on with 383 days

Violet_Quit

WTG   Giulia on 4000 days free. and Wtg Sophia on 100 days you both should be proud....and Thank you Shawn for picking me up with 147 days 

paulh

I am on board today. Thanks for picking me up. Still trying to get used to the new site

Giulia
Daniela2016

Giulia, congratulations on ...wow...4,000 days, and Sophia, congrats for the 100 days, nice milestone!!!

Chocolates, I hope you like Lindt chocolates...

Flowers, many flowers

and Congratulations!!!

such an honor to ride with you and my 337 DOF...

shashort

Hi everyone and thank you Shawn for picking me up today. Wow my gosh my big sis Giulia look at you on 4,000 big beautiful days. I want to be like you when I grow up.  You have a lot of commas to carry if .need help carrying them I will be glad to help you.  Congratulations Sophia on those big marvelous 100 days welcome to the triple digits. I am riding with 274 days of freedom.

Image result for congratulations

Strudel

Congrats to Sophia and to Giulia! Thanks Shawn! 

Strudel

Congrats on 4,000 days Giulia! 

sophia-22

I love any kind of chocolate!

Thanks Daniela

sophia-22

Thank you so much!

sophia-22

Thanks Strudel!

diamond01

I wish everyone, the best day of being smoke free, and able to breath the fresh air. Helen

JonesCarpeDiem

Big Congratulations Sophia

Huge Congratulations Giulia.

Sootie

Congratulations to you both!!!!!

Sophia great job making the triple digit club!!!!

G-----------FANTASTIC!!!!

Giulia

shashort‌  Some day, if you keep on the way you are (and I know you will), somebody's gonna ask to carry your commas!  

sophia-22

Thank you!

sophia-22

Thank you for all of your great advice!

Thats_it

Wow 4000 days Guilia that is amazing!

Thats_it

Sophia! great job! !00 ! congratulations!!

Thats_it

And congratulations to you too shashort‌ for 274 days

Thats_it

10 years quit, that's amazing!

Thats_it

I really like your 943 days, great job, you!

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later