Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive of Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations

Freedom Train 1/29/2017

ShawnP
0 32 406

Good morning, fellow EXer's!

The Freedom Train is on the tracks, and prepared to make its daily run to freedom from smoking. Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal freedom, and that of their friends!

Today's Celebrations:

Mrs.Brock‌- 1 Year

Mortalzeus‌- 100 Days

We encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, those of your friends, and show pride in your quit: 2 days, 200 days or 2000 days, or  more if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our freedom. Post food and music - IT IS PARTY TIME! This train is bound for FREEDOM from the evils of tobacco and smoking.

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!    -Shawn

What is the Freedom Train? More  here

If you are new here, this vehicle provides a place for everyone to gather to celebrate the milestones and successes of those in our community. There are no tickets. The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring. The rides on this train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this train is a desire to breathe free. We encourage everyone to join in the celebration. No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees; bring all your "EXtra baggage" and we will help you sort it out.

How do I count my days? 

Your quit info is here

From time to time we have questions about counting days. While we encourage everyone to celebrate every day of their freedom, here on the Freedom Train we count the days you have completed. For example, Tommy quit on 01/01/2010. On 12/31/2010 he had reached 365 days. However, he had not completed a year until 01/01/2011.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train here.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) at any time.

Tags (1)
32 Comments
ShawnP

Good Morning and a cold one it is too! Let's celebrate our freedom today. I am boarding with 1,779 days!!! Welcome Mrs.Brock‌ to the 6% Club and Mortalzeus‌ to triple digits!!!

FotoFlexer_Animation.gif

susan_m

Thanks for picking me up, Shawn!  Happy to be riding today with 56 days of freedom!  Mortalzeus‌...TDC!!! Way to go!!! I would have guessed longer......you post and reply with the wisdom of an elder. Speaking of elders, congratulations to Mrs Brock as well.

ShawnP

It's breakfast time! Please share what you like.

I will have the protein breakfast for sure.

Thomas3.20.2010

Congratulations Mortalzeus‌ and Mrs.Brock‌ !

2507 for me and counting....Doing this One Day at a Time!

Thank You, Shawn for the ride!

Life is EXcellent Smoke FREE!

ShawnP

For those with a sweet tooth

now wouldn't you like to sink your teeth into this

and these are hot of the oven!

crazymama_Lori

congrats to Mrs. Brock for one year, welcome to the 6 percenters and Mortalzeus on the 100 days.  I'm hopping on with 370 days or as I like to call it 1 year and 5 days‌

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations everyone!  I am here with 1004 days!

Pops

All right and way 2 go Mrs Brock!  6 % club...you go girl...Mortalzeus , great going on your 100 days as well.  Thanks for picking me up Shawn, I need a ride after that long haul from yesterday.  I am on board today with 250 days of freedom!!!!  woo hoo!!!

Pops & Sebastian

c2q

congratulationsAlps.jpg

Congratulations Mrs.Brock‌ and welcome to the 6% club! Congratulations Mortalzeus‌ and welcome to double digits! What an exciting train today, Shawn. These are major milestones. I think I see a big crowd waiting to ride today . .

My little corner of the gulf coast feels like the Swiss Alps this morning. I'm going to cozy up here in the dining car with some good hot Swiss comfort food: Älplermagronen, röschti, and Swedish cardamom rolls. Help yourself!

elvan

Thanks for picking me up, Shawn.  Congratulations to Mrs. Brock and to Mortalzeus on their anniversaries.  I am off to work so you will have to drop me off there.  I can't wait until this vacation hangover lifts, I am just so slow and tired.  Guess I should have thought more about when to return to work...might have needed a couple more days but, then again, I would have to learn THAT program all over again.

I am boarding today with 1106 DOF.

vanlil

I am quickly jumping on the train.  Here in Key West it is cold today. 58 degrees and no sun with lots of cold North winds.

Hope the heat is on the train. 

Lillian  225 DOF

c2q

Oh little engine that could, I just realized that I have a major milestone today too. 2100 days quit! 

Congratulations to me!

congratulationsCakeCandles.jpg

IrishRose

Well, I found the Freedom Train for today.  I am here, with my puppy beast, and of course, we want that window seat.

Congratulations to all who are celebrating milestones in their quits today. 

When I find my clock on this new website, I will post my number of days quit.  Until then, I want to say it will be seven years on June 10th that I have remained smokefree from cigarettes.  My quit date, which I will never forget, was June 10, 2010.

Now, I need to find a seat that is big enough for my Abby.  I better keep her away from the tables of food around here.  She weighs in at 120 pounds, so you know her appetite is going to be huge.  This is her food stare, just in case she starts roaming around the different cars of this train and ends up in front of you while you are eating.   

1529907_1442789989267388_1327234109_o.jpg 

TerrieQuit

Thanks for picking me up Sharon! Congratulations to mrs.brock‌ on 1 yr and joining the 6% club

You will be needing a key to the 6% club. Here ya go!!

Mortalzeus‌  Congratulations on 100 days! Here is the door, many are waiting on you! I'll see you in 47 days!

WTG all former smokers!

Have a great day every buddy!  ~Terrie~

TerrieQuit

Here is your dooorMortalzeus for some reason it didn't post, sorry!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on your milestones!

mrs.brock

Mortalzeus

Mark
EX Community Manager

Magstoyou

Thanks for picking me up Shawn.

I am climbing aboard with 1293 Days of  Freedom.

Congratulations to all riding today!! Especially to  mrs. brock with 1 year and Mortalzeus with 100 days-WTG

Mags

MarilynH

congratulations to everyone on board especially our awesome milestones, I think I'm on board with 930 days and counting.....

bipin_nair

I am on board with 4 whole weeks. And that's including cold and nippy weekends as well.

Violet_Quit

Congrats to all and i  thankyou for picking me up today.I Am on with 134 days smoke free. 

Giulia

Major Mileston for Mrs.Brock‌  Way to go!  Welcome to the Elder's List.  (In the process of updating.  Will put you on as soon as I've finished working on it.

Welcome to the Triple Digit Club @Mortalzeus   Woooooooo Hooooooooo

Stay on track everybody!  Cheers!

ShawnP

bipin_nair‌, glad you found us today!!

IrishRose‌, holy cow! are my eyes deceiving me? Its so good to see you! it's been ages.

IrishRose

Thank you for the welcome back, Shawn.  Yes, it is me.  I'm thinking that I have been gone from here a long time, probably too long.  (((hug)))   I have a lot to absorb with this new website.  Wow!  It will give me something to do at 3:30 in the morning when I cannot go back to sleep. 

Mandolinrain

Big Congrats to Mrs.Brock and mortazues! 

Getting on the train with 880 days of freedom!

everyone have a wonderful smokefree day!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for getting the train moving.  Cograts to all Toot Toot

Mortalzeus

Thank You All and Congrats Mrs. Brock!  And yes I can feel the next step I just beyond the dunes:) 

Darren

Mortalzeus

Terrie, I can see the door! Just need to step through it.

Strudel

Big congrats to you on 100 days! Welcome to the TDC! 

Strudel

Congratulations Mortalzeus and mrs.brock! Thanks Shawn! 

pir8fan

Boarding the Freedom Train late tonight!

Love to all!

Strudel

Great to see you Tommy! 

IrishRose

Hi there, Carp Man.  How are you doing?  It's good to see you again.  (((hug)))

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later